hardin open

Guest mrtomcat

Guest mrtomcat

one of our coaches said that hardin's coach was leaving to go to anahuac?  i guess what yall were saying about the coaches son was true that he wanted him to play for a school that he could get big time scholarship if he's really as good as people say he is

Guest mrtomcat
21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hardin is in Anahuac's district.

Other than the non district schedule, the opponents are basically the same.

maybe what purpleeagle is saying is that coach barreirs son leading anahuac will take them deep into the playoffs and thats where he will see a different level of football ?

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hardin is in Anahuac's district.

Other than the non district schedule, the opponents are basically the same.

Anahuac first opponent is Newton then New waverly , HJ, While Harden plays a weak schedule. Coach Neese is one of the best coaches in 3A. He was Newton’s OC when Newton won state.  

20 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Anahuac first opponent is Newton then New waverly , HJ, While Harden plays a weak schedule. Coach Neese is one of the best coaches in 3A. He was Newton’s OC when Newton won state.  

The young man will also have the benefit of having a better team around him.

28 minutes ago, sooner said:

You just have to feel bad for Hardin.  It seems as though this is a never-ending cycle.

I have no idea about the past for Hardin prior to a decade or so.. but it seems (based on what I've read and heard) that expectations vastly outreach reality.  There were even rumblings of a "poor performance" of this current/recent (whatever) head coach towards the end of district last year.  I'm not sure it's a good situation for any coach unless they have about 6 athletic high school kids living under their guardianship when this job is taken.  The kids that are there now either just can't or won't do what it takes to be competitive... or the community won't give a guy long enough to actually implement a culture/program change.

Hence.. never-ending cycle.  Maybe they should just drop football.

It's complete nonsense to post something like this when there is no confirmation. I know we all love to discuss and predict, but the fun stops when you start interfering with a man's life, livelihood and family. Even if it is true, if he has not had time to tell the players, it's no ones place to try to break that news. I have no idea what is true and what isn't, I just know, this isn't the way.  

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

It's complete nonsense to post something like this when there is no confirmation. I know we all love to discuss and predict, but the fun stops when you start interfering with a man's life, livelihood and family. Even if it is true, if he has not had time to tell the players, it's no ones place to try to break that news. I have no idea what is true and what isn't, I just know, this isn't the way.  

This is the hidden content, please

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I have no idea about the past for Hardin prior to a decade or so.. but it seems (based on what I've read and heard) that expectations vastly outreach reality.  There were even rumblings of a "poor performance" of this current/recent (whatever) head coach towards the end of district last year.  I'm not sure it's a good situation for any coach unless they have about 6 athletic high school kids living under their guardianship when this job is taken.  The kids that are there now either just can't or won't do what it takes to be competitive... or the community won't give a guy long enough to actually implement a culture/program change.

Hence.. never-ending cycle.  Maybe they should just drop football.

can't never could & won't never will

So, who would be remotely interested in this gig? I'm assuming an assistant from the area probably or someone looking to get that first crack at a head coaching job. It's football only so no AD attached, which severely hinders their interest pool. Is there anyone on staff who might be promoted?

14 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

So, who would be remotely interested in this gig? I'm assuming an assistant from the area probably or someone looking to get that first crack at a head coaching job. It's football only so no AD attached, which severely hinders their interest pool. Is there anyone on staff who might be promoted?

Highly Doubt it will be hired from within the program!

On 5/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, mrtomcat said:

one of our coaches said that hardin's coach was leaving to go to anahuac?  i guess what yall were saying about the coaches son was true that he wanted him to play for a school that he could get big time scholarship if he's really as good as people say he is

What school is he going to so that he can now get the Big time looks?

17 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

can't never could & won't never will

I get what you're saying.. I do.  But.. how long has the school been in existence? The 40s I think I read one time.. and I'm pretty sure the football history is pretty pathetic.  So, up to this point.. they either CAN'T compete or they WON'T do what it takes to compete.  Am I wrong about that?  There's no question that the girl's side is a local power house, but what successes have been had in football?  I'm genuinely curious. 

3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I get what you're saying.. I do.  But.. how long has the school been in existence? The 40s I think I read one time.. and I'm pretty sure the football history is pretty pathetic.  So, up to this point.. they either CAN'T compete or they WON'T do what it takes to compete.  Am I wrong about that?  There's no question that the girl's side is a local power house, but what successes have been had in football?  I'm genuinely curious. 

you realize my statement coincides with what your saying?

On 5/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, Guest mrtomcat said:

Anahuac job is vacant? Someone better tell Greg Neece. 

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

How can you tell that a group is talented in 6th grade?... And.. a whole lot changes between grades 6 and 12.

And I agree. A lot happens in 6 years, just stating they have some good kids that have athletic ability. Football culture was changing for a school that has never had one. Was cool to witness.