Kelly Hires Mike Long as new Head Coach

7 hours ago, Bobcat2587 said:

Lets talk about who might be the next head coach at Kelly. Who do we think it’s going to be? What coach would want to take this job without a QB and two receivers. (All three with D1 offers?) when was the last time Kelly even had 3 kids with D1 offers? Sounds like someone could be stepping in to a very bad situation over there! When is Kelly going to open the job up? Almost two months out from august 1 with summer workouts approaching! They better get on it. Not looking good for the Kelly Catholic Dogs! 

I could be wrong but doesn’t Legacy and Kelly usually lose their top tier players to the Public schools their JR and SR year? They stay at the private school for 1-2 years, and play varsity football then attend the public school when they’re able to play. It’s been well known that’s what the QB was going to do. Play varsity as a freshman at Kelly and attend WB when he was able to play. Private school coaches often recruit the Beaumont Middle schools for that reason? 

Top tier players meaning the players who could play for WB not just good players for Legacy and Kelly. 

10 hours ago, Bobcat2587 said:

Lets talk about who might be the next head coach at Kelly. Who do we think it’s going to be? What coach would want to take this job without a QB and two receivers. (All three with D1 offers?) when was the last time Kelly even had 3 kids with D1 offers? Sounds like someone could be stepping in to a very bad situation over there! When is Kelly going to open the job up? Almost two months out from august 1 with summer workouts approaching! They better get on it. Not looking good for the Kelly Catholic Dogs! 

Tough decision but I really think Kelly will be fine whether the choose Toby or Art Briles.  Either should enjoy great success there. 

11 hours ago, Wolves247 said:

The last time Kelly had more then 3 D-1 football players I believe was in 2008. I’ve heard a few names for the new coach. I do agree that Kelly needs to hurry up and make a decision if they havnt already yet. Hopefully they have started the interview process as the clock keeps tick tick ticking. Best of luck Kelly dogs….sounds like they are going ti need it! 

2011 team had a handful of D1 guys. They went to state that year too.

1 hour ago, wbfan said:

2011 team had a handful of D1 guys. They went to state that year too.

Just two. One went to Air Force and the other North Texas I believe. Last time there was more then 3 was 2008. 11 was a great year though. I believe Coach Smith was apart of that one as well. He was the OC. 

1 hour ago, Wolves247 said:

Just two. One went to Air Force and the other North Texas I believe. Last time there was more then 3 was 2008. 11 was a great year though. I believe Coach Smith was apart of that one as well. He was the OC. 

Damn, seemed like there were more. How good was the 2008 squad?

1 hour ago, wbfan said:

Damn, seemed like there were more. How good was the 2008 squad?

2008 was very good. Won district championship. Lost first round to Fort Worth Nolan. That senior class was stacked. One to Texas Tech, UofH, Lamar, Texas, and the QB went to Rice for baseball. They had others that went to College as well, just can’t think of where. 

On 5/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, Wolves247 said:

2008 was very good. Won district championship. Lost first round to Fort Worth Nolan. That senior class was stacked. One to Texas Tech, UofH, Lamar, Texas, and the QB went to Rice for baseball. They had others that went to College as well, just can’t think of where. 

All that talent and no Title.  Hummmmmm!!

So…….we are approaching June 1. Still no word from Kelly on interviews or a coach? I wouldn’t wait too long. You got summer workouts coming abs before you know it a football season! Who is running summer workouts? Who is the next head coach? I really hope they don’t wait long to decide. Could be the end of football for the ole dogs! 

18 minutes ago, Wolves247 said:

Any word on this yet? I heard a name today but honestly can’t believe it to be true. I heard this guy of Nick Rizotto applied. Who is that?  Anyone heard any new names? This could get very interesting! 

The only name I keep hearing is Larry Haynes. I’ve never heard of Nick Rizotto. Last I heard is that Larry Haynes was talking to them. 

13 minutes ago, Bobcat2587 said:

I have also heard the name Troy Espirit. Use to be the old head coach at Legacy. He made a couple of playoff runs with the Warriors and was always competing with such low numbers. This could be a good fit for the Kelly Dogs. 

This would be a DISASTER! I guess if they are that desperate for a head coach…sure go ahead and do it. You would think they would want to open it up and get the best possible candidate for the job. 

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

Is Tony Espirit not a good candidate for Kelly Head football coach? What about the Nick Rizzoto guy?

I just never thought Esprit was head coaching material. He won with athletes in my opinion. Never really had to coach cause I mean who does legacy play? 
The Nick Rizotto guy would probably be a disaster as well considering no one knows nothing about the guy other then he use to be a former assistant at Kelly? I mean has he worked anywhere else? 

44 minutes ago, Wolves247 said:

I just never thought Esprit was head coaching material. He won with athletes in my opinion. Never really had to coach cause I mean who does legacy play? 
The Nick Rizotto guy would probably be a disaster as well considering no one knows nothing about the guy other then he use to be a former assistant at Kelly? I mean has he worked anywhere else? 

Don't let Reagan see this post. 

• Bobcatfan4life changed the title to Kelly Hires Mike Long as new Head Coach