TUES. 4/12- LUMBERTON- 4 VIDOR- 1 FINAL

KF89

• KF89 changed the title to TUES. 4/12- LUMBERTON- 4 VIDOR- 1 FINAL

Lumberton takes the game 4-1.  Too many walks, hit batters and a couple timely hits by Lumberton and Lumberton's pitcher keeping Vidor hitters off balance for the better part of the night.  Vidor had chances but offensively could not deliver.

To the Lumberton players, coaches, and parents/fans.... if you think the noise coming from yalls dugout is acceptable then you're the problem and the acts of your kids and team is a direct reflection of you!...Yelling "you suck", "get him a blue pill cause he can't get it up" yelling Vidor players names..."we want so-n-so", yelling players names off other teams..."he's going to do to you what he did against an lcm player (want name his name)"...calling Vidor players in the field by name and other names...unacceptable! Having the ump stop the game to talk to your coach and players should have been enough but the yelling continued.  Again this is a direct reflection of the coaches and parents... lumberton do better! 

2 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Lumberton takes the game 4-1.  Too many walks, hit batters and a couple timely hits by Lumberton and Lumberton's pitcher keeping Vidor hitters off balance for the better part of the night.  Vidor had chances but offensively could not deliver.

To the Lumberton players, coaches, and parents/fans.... if you think the noise coming from yalls dugout is acceptable then you're the problem and the acts of your kids and team is a direct reflection of you!...Yelling "you suck", "get him a blue pill cause he can't get it up" yelling Vidor players names..."we want so-n-so", yelling players names off other teams..."he's going to do to you what he did against an lcm player (want name his name)"...calling Vidor players in the field by name and other names...unacceptable! Having the ump stop the game to talk to your coach and players should have been enough but the yelling continued.  Again this is a direct reflection of the coaches and parents... lumberton do better! 

Hate that Vidor lost… was pulling for them to male

the playoffs but that may be outta the question now?

5 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

The L-Town AD must not go to baseball games, because with his reputation of no non sense & respect if he heard this bush league chirping from students repping his athletic program he would end it quick.

55 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

I wasn't at the game so I don't know what went on but I assure you Lumberton is not the only school in the area that does this.  Not sure when it became acceptable but it's done very often and I hate it!!! It's even worse with it comes from the stands.  At least the players have the balls to go out and compete.  The cowards in the stands talk but can run and hide when things don't go their way.  I have no problem if a team wants to be loud and support their own, but attacking the opposing team while using every line out of the "little league/select ball crap talking manual" is childish.  Grow up, play the game the right way, and respect your opponents!!!

1 minute ago, Ty Cobb said:

I wasn't at the game so I don't know what went on but I assure you Lumberton is not the only school in the area that does this.  Not sure when it became acceptable but it's done very often and I hate it!!! It's even worse with it comes from the stands.  At least the players have the balls to go out and compete.  The cowards in the stands talk but can run and hide when things don't go their way.  I have no problem if a team wants to be loud and support their own, but attacking the opposing team while using every line out of the "little league/select ball crap talking manual" is childish.  Grow up, play the game the right way, and respect your opponents!!!

You are 100% correct... lumberton is not the only team that talks from the dugout and I'm ok with baseball heckling BUT I draw the line at what was spewed from the mouths of lumberton last night.  The coaches for lumberton should have put an end to it but they allowed their players and fans to carry on.  Supporting a team, baseball chatter, heckling all ok in my book... leave the bush league stuff at home!

55 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Yeah Navasota did a little of this from the stands last Monday night… The funny part is when they were doing it their team was losing 6-0.. I’m just like ok guys lol

Another example which I thought was actually funny is Bellville and Hamshire Fannett were playing in the area round last year. A Bellville player struck out and a HF parent proceeded to yell “ Hey meet him a tennis racket and maybe he will hit the ball” At that time the kids girlfriend stood up and shouted back “He actually is going to State in Tennis FYI” lol everyone chuckled on both sides at that

23 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Another example which I thought was actually funny is Bellville and Hamshire Fannett were playing in the area round last year. A Bellville player struck out and a HF parent proceeded to yell “ Hey meet him a tennis racket and maybe he will hit the ball” At that time the kids girlfriend stood up and shouted back “He actually is going to State in Tennis FYI” lol everyone chuckled on both sides at that

To me thats harmless heckling...not harm intended. Last night was a different story. Things started to get too personal. 

2 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

Well if kids are looking at playing at the next level skin will need to thicken up.. It only gets worse at college 

Playing at the next level has nothing to do with kids being disrespectful.  If I'm a college coach, scout at that game last then I WOULD NOT want a single player off of lumberton's team or would I take a call from their coach about a kid off his team.  

10 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

This post doesn’t surprise me at all. Keep your heads up Vidor Baseball!

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

So who’s Lumberton playing in the 1st round of the playoffs? 😂 Vidor beat the top 2 teams in our district this week then demolished LCM. They are peaking at the right time. Go Pirates! Sorry Raiders maybe next year. 😂

Nice run by Vidor, I guess the advice from Lumberton was taken and the kid got the blue pills ↗️↗️

12 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

Nice run by Vidor, I guess the advice from Lumberton was taken and the kid got the blue pills ↗️↗️

Not sure but it kinda looks like Lumberton took too many X-LAX PILLS after all that trash talking. Maybe too much diarrhea of mouth finally caught up with them. Enjoy watching the playoffs instead of participating. 😂