NBA Playoffs 2022

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I don't think it'll be in Phoenix, they didn't wanna pay him after last year, they reduce his minutes in the biggest game of the season last night, then when asked why the HC says it was internal. That's weird. Also this isn't the first time in the playoffs the past 2 years this has happened as far as getting minutes reduced. Word on the street Ayton and the HC got into it last night, if that's the case it's over in Phoenix. 

would be a perfect fit in Dallas.  doesn't need the ball a lot, and shoots a high percentage.  Imagine the easy baskets he'd get with Luka feeding him.  

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

would be a perfect fit in Dallas.  doesn't need the ball a lot, shoots a very high percentage, and is a monster down low.  Can you imagine how many dunks he'd get with Luka feeding him?

Dallas would be better defensively with him in my opinion. 

22 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I got Celtics and Warriors in 6 games in both their next series, just seems like they're on a collision course. 

I have to make a correction: Celtics in 6, Warriors in 7.

I didn't know the Warriors were below .500 in road games in the playoffs so far. If they blow a home game that's advantage Mavs.  

19 hours ago, bullets13 said:

would be a perfect fit in Dallas.  doesn't need the ball a lot, and shoots a high percentage.  Imagine the easy baskets he'd get with Luka feeding him.  

Totally agree with this and with Buddy's statement about Ayton making Dallas' defense better. I'm surprised Dallas' lack of rim protection hasn't been exploited yet in the playoffs, but I'm sure Kerr will scheme something up to take advantage of it in this round. 

I just don't think that Ayton will be in their price range if he makes it to free agency. The Mavs have some tough choices to make this summer (and not a lot of cap flexibility) about adding a solid big man and keeping Brunson. Gun to my head I think I'd rather re-sign Brunson because having a solid secondary ball-handler/playmaker next to Luka will be key to their long term success. Solid big men that are lob threats and paint defenders can be had for a fraction of the price of offensive creators. 

3 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Totally agree with this and with Buddy's statement about Ayton making Dallas' defense better. I'm surprised Dallas' lack of rim protection hasn't been exploited yet in the playoffs, but I'm sure Kerr will scheme something up to take advantage of it in this round. 

I just don't think that Ayton will be in their price range if he makes it to free agency. The Mavs have some tough choices to make this summer (and not a lot of cap flexibility) about adding a solid big man and keeping Brunson. Gun to my head I think I'd rather re-sign Brunson because having a solid secondary ball-handler/playmaker next to Luka will be key to their long term success. Solid big men that are lob threats and paint defenders can be had for a fraction of the price of offensive creators. 

I hope they get Brunson back.  He's perfect alongside Luka because he's willing to take a secondary role when on the floor with Luka, but capable of running the offense when Luka is on the bench.  

In the playoffs so far in game-1s: versus Brooklyn we played horrible but got lucky and won. Versus Milwaukee we got our butts beat royally. Now tonight versus Miami...(mind you without Smart and Horford which we get back next game more than likely)....

But see a pattern??? 

Celtics come out flat, it's ridiculous. 

1-0 Miami

Tale of 2 halves. 

Tatum went off 1st half. Butler went off 2nd half. Celtics missed too many FTs, big difference in the game. The dull 3rd qtr was a huge difference in the game. But no Smart, no Horford, not worried. 

This was basically Milwaukee game-1 all over again tonight. 

EDIT: We won every qtr except the 3rd. Geez. If only we hit our FTs and star players don't disappear.......we need Marcus Smart on Thursday, not sure if Al gonna play but that would be a plus. But for sure we need Marcus. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity
Seen a stat

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

1-0 Miami

Tale of 2 halves. 

Tatum went off 1st half. Butler went off 2nd half. Celtics missed too many FTs, big difference in the game. The dull 3rd qtr was a huge difference in the game. But no Smart, no Horford, not worried. 

This was basically Milwaukee game-1 all over again tonight. 

EDIT: We won every qtr except the 3rd. Geez. If only we hit our FTs and star players don't disappear.......we need Marcus Smart on Thursday, not sure if Al gonna play but that would be a plus. But for sure we need Marcus. 

Woj said Big Al probably won't play until the series goes back to Boston. 

Normally I would argue that Miami is also missing a key player in Lowry, but I just don't think he has a lot left in the tank to really affect a playoff series right now even when healthy.  

4 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Woj said Big Al probably won't play until the series goes back to Boston. 

Normally I would argue that Miami is also missing a key player in Lowry, but I just don't think he has a lot left in the tank to really affect a playoff series right now even when healthy.  

Well this isn't good. 

Report: multiple backroom Celtics staff have tested positive for COVID

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

Luka had his worst playoff game ever tonight.

20 PTS (2 in 2nd half), 7 REB, 4 AST,

7 Turnovers (6 in 2nd half), 6/18 FGM.  

On defense, the Warriors scored 24 points on 10-17 shooting when Doncic was the primary defender.

Mavs better regroup quickly. Not sure the Mavs won any single quarter tonight. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

On defense, the Warriors scored 24 points on 10-17 shooting when Doncic was the primary defender.

Warriors played out of this world tonight…. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

He definitely wasn't locked in tonight, and the rest of the team followed suit. Everybody was awful tonight. Only silver lining for me is at least we knew the game was over early, because I hate losing nailbiters lol.