Why Hasn't Beaumont United Been More Successful?

Reagan

There's been a lot talk about what makes a successful football program:  Is the athletes or the coach.  Let's look at this:  Can anyone reasonably doubt that after continuing to combine schools, and now down to 2, that United has the athletes?  Since they have moved up to 6A,  they have population growth in their favor.  In the last 4 years they are 15-25.  So, has it been the athletes or the coaching?  Thoughts?!

I remember the playoff game in 2015 between Beamont Central and C.E. King.Central had a RB Devwah Whaley who later played at Arkansas.C.E. King was playing without Traveon Williams RB who played at A&M and now in the NFL.The 1st half belonged to Whaley as he carved up the Panthers defense.Leading 21 -12 at halftime Central looked as if they would defeat my alma mater.The second half, we asked ourselves why aren't they giving Whaley the rock.I know I would have .Last Central play was a fumble rolling around in the Central backfield and a Williams less Panthers won 32-31.When you have a stud like Whaley,who King couldn't stop in the first half, give the kid the rock and go with the kid that got you there. 

4 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

I remember the playoff game in 2015 between Beamont Central and C.E. King.Central had a RB Devwah Whaley who later played at Arkansas.C.E. King was playing without Traveon Williams RB who played at A&M and now in the NFL.The 1st half belonged to Whaley as he carved up the Panthers defense.Leading 21 -12 at halftime Central looked as if they would defeat my alma mater.The second half, we asked ourselves why aren't they giving Whaley the rock.I know I would have .Last Central play was a fumble rolling around in the Central backfield and a Williams less Panthers won 32-31.When you have a stud like Whaley,who King couldn't stop in the first half, give the kid the rock and go with the kid that got you there. 

I've seen this happen before.  These are coaching decisions that usually go wrong.

Because Beaumont is a cesspool?  The entire city is apathetic?  It's more Western Louisiana instead of East Texas? 

That entire school district is a septic wound that continually gets covered with a wart bandaid.  They keep making "upgrades" that "are best for the kids" but don't want to admit the adult decision makers are screwing it up for the kids.

I also noticed the question never mentioned if the infinite change in administration that can't allow for consistency. 

22 minutes ago, scat_trap said:

Because Beaumont is a cesspool?  The entire city is apathetic?  It's more Western Louisiana instead of East Texas? 

That entire school district is a septic wound that continually gets covered with a wart bandaid.  They keep making "upgrades" that "are best for the kids" but don't want to admit the adult decision makers are screwing it up for the kids.

I also noticed the question never mentioned if the infinite change in administration that can't allow for consistency. 

This is without a doubt the most asinine post I’ve read in months…

12 hours ago, scat_trap said:

Your last sentence is on point. Your above opinion is your opinion and you're entitled to that. Several

share this opinion A nonchalant Sup. reference getting the best Head Coach and a "Dud" A.D.

The two largest stumbling blocks. However its no accident. Its starts at the top. jmo...

14 hours ago, scat_trap said:

Hmmmm Google: Today's "Southeast Texas Political Review".. Top Story.. BISD Mess-Again..

On 3/29/2022 at 9:43 PM, scat_trap said:

Lol well tell us how you really feel!!!! 

Like ive stated before and will continue to state. 

I do agree with Scat_Trap to a certain extent. I just believe you have the people in power who don't care about football at BU.

When Central/Ozen had good coaches, they were an area power, and was always in a quest for a District championship and at least 2 rounds in the playoffs. 

So now you telling me they combined and it gets worst?? hmm idk about that

On 3/29/2022 at 9:43 PM, scat_trap said:

I may have met my match.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:07 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is without a doubt the most asinine post I’ve read in months…

Well, look what outside sources say: 

Is Beaumont, TX a safe place to live?

According to CrimeGrade.org, Beaumont is listed in the 1st percentile for safety and crime. This rating means that 99% of cities nationwide are safer than Beaumont. The city’s overall crime score is an F. The city score is a composite of an “F” grade for violent crime and property crime and a “D-” for miscellaneous crime. Looking at these ratings and scores, Beaumont appears to be a very dangerous city.

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Well, look what outside sources say: 

Is Beaumont, TX a safe place to live?

According to CrimeGrade.org, Beaumont is listed in the 1st percentile for safety and crime. This rating means that 99% of cities nationwide are safer than Beaumont. The city’s overall crime score is an F. The city score is a composite of an “F” grade for violent crime and property crime and a “D-” for miscellaneous crime. Looking at these ratings and scores, Beaumont appears to be a very dangerous city.

This is the hidden content, please

Everyone evacuate BMT. Holy 🤬 smh 

Now this has homehow changed over to a bash on Beaumont.  We were taking football.  But people fail to realize as far as keeping it related to sports (all that other riff raff can go to the political forum), West Brook just made it to the state title game a few years ago.  So apparently there is football talent in Beaumont.  

They aren’t successful because the Subpar AD keeps hiring his Subpar buddies who shouldn’t be head coaches as BU’s head coach. He does this because they don’t want a new proven head coach to come in and clean house and bring in a new coaching staff. Because the existing coaches all have ties to him or administration some how. Beaumont needs to clean house upstairs and bring in new administration and get the academics up to par first then forget the buddy buddy crap and bring in a proven coach that knows how to discipline and turn programs like this around. Bring back the desire in these kids to want to play football and enjoy playing football. Make them want to be as dominating as their basketball team. They have the talent there. They just need the right people to get it out of them.

1 hour ago, Coach85 said:

They aren’t successful because the Subpar AD keeps hiring his Subpar buddies who shouldn’t be head coaches as BU’s head coach. He does this because they don’t want a new proven head coach to come in and clean house and bring in a new coaching staff. Because the existing coaches all have ties to him or administration some how. Beaumont needs to clean house upstairs and bring in new administration and get the academics up to par first then forget the buddy buddy crap and bring in a proven coach that knows how to discipline and turn programs like this around. Bring back the desire in these kids to want to play football and enjoy playing football. Make them want to be as dominating as their basketball team. They have the talent there. They just need the right people to get it out of them.

This!

40 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

My, my, my you nailed it. 100% 0n point. Getting this solution implemented is the problem.

Friends, Buddies, Former Head coach, Former A.D have too much input in the decision 

making process. We can only hope the new hire will be given Full Rein  to replace most of

the old Regime. Other wise it'll be like preaching to the choir. Best wishes Coach Colbert.

jmo.....