HJ Hires Zach Bass as new AD/HC

22 hours ago, KF89 said:

It seems you did not get the Reagan Head Coach\AD hiring memo that's been discussed the last few months on each coaching vacancy. Because if expectations at H.J. with the Bass hire is not winning a state title & just wanting a winning season, some playoff wins within 7 years this hiring is a terrible failure from day 1. Also in the memo is rule #2 "Do not hire a guy who says he knows how to win, but has a losing career coaching record" 

correct, didn't get the memo on Reagan and not really concerned about Reagan.  Growing up in SE Texas, everyone knows HJ is not a football school and the expectations to win a state title are not realistic.  To say HJ will win a state championship in Football is to say BH will win a state championship in basketball.  HJ is a basketball school and BH is a football school.  I like the hire and would like to believe HJ will win some football games and compete.  But i am also not going to ask to fire the coach if they go 500 or better, go a couple of rounds in the playoffs and never make it to the regional quarterfinals.  I would pleasantly surprised if that happened, but not screaming for his head if it did not.  

Of course every coach/team starts the year with the state title as the goal, but you have crawl before you walk.

17 hours ago, Raider24 said:

Lumberton growth demographics show a lot of younger families with younger kids in some of the newer subdivisions while other newer subdivisions indicate older demographics that have retired or kids are college aged. They will eventually hit high school in a few years and thus thrust Lumberton back into 5A. 

Yeah I keep hearing Lumberton’s large numbers are in elementary and middle school, but I also been hearing that since like 2014… and still 4A lol I’ll believe it when I see it. 

20 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Yeah I keep hearing Lumberton’s large numbers are in elementary and middle school, but I also been hearing that since like 2014… and still 4A lol I’ll believe it when I see it. 

lol. well my friend you should have kept track until 2015 when lumberton was in District 22 of 5A DII.

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

lol. well my friend you should have kept track until 2015 when lumberton was in District 22 of 5A DII.

Well for years on this very board people from Lumberton kept saying the population was going to be bigger than Nederland and PNG enrollment with all this new growth, which has yet to happen… they have decreased in numbers…

Guest mrtomcat
58 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Well for years on this very board people from Lumberton kept saying the population was going to be bigger than Nederland and PNG enrollment with all this new growth, which has yet to happen… they have decreased in numbers…

if they are building new homes and people moving out that way, how can their numbers stay down or decline?  i mean, all you have to do is drive thru there and you can see expansion to some degree..........how does that not impact enrollment

8 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

if they are building new homes and people moving out that way, how can their numbers stay down or decline?  i mean, all you have to do is drive thru there and you can see expansion to some degree..........how does that not impact enrollment

You got me, went from 5A down to 4A… 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

these may answer some questions.

take care!

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

Perhaps parents are pulling their kids out of public schools?

I could be wrong, but I think perhaps Lumberton's growth has not kept up with the growth of the cutoffs for higher divisions.  I really don't want to go back and research enrollment cutoffs for 5A for the last, let's say 10 years, but I would assume it has risen dramatically. 

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

Classification is determined by HS enrollment.  Most of the growth to Lumberton is young families so will take a few years to get to HS.  Other campuses at Lumberton are full to the brim.  They will be 5a soon.

On 5/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, BlueOwl said:

Who cares about Lumberton elementary’s growth? This page needs bedelmon back to spice up the topic of conversation. 

Talk about a guy who made a fool of himself on the daily. That is a blast from the past!!!!