HJ Hires Zach Bass as new AD/HC

7 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

I wonder if Bass put's in for this job. I know he's only been at WB for a year, but this feels like a good fit for him. Great guy who deserves to be an AD at a bigger school and it's fairly close to home. 

Just curious, why does he deserve an AD job at a bigger school?

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

There is a particular reason why Babin went to Katy. It was for his son and the opportunities his son would have in Houston. Babin will not be coming back this way any time soon.

I thought Babin's son was high school age when he made that move. I was thinking he may be done already and Babin may want to migrate back this way. 

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

Just curious, why does he deserve an AD job at a bigger school?

Because seeing him perform his job first hand, I was impressed with the way he handled himself and what he accomplished. I think you're looking strictly at his football record at Tarkington and that's not fair to him. He was handed nothing thanks to the previous regime. A bunch of kids who never wanted to play football again. In two years, he made kids excited about playing again. He earned a ton of respect from his fellow faculty, staff and the athletes. I think with the backing of a bigger program he will accomplish alot. 

On 3/23/2022 at 10:25 AM, mrtomcat said:

HJ 's best bet is to hire a big school OC from the greater Houston area.  This is an attractive job.  What do they pay their AD over there.... 90k - 100k ?

Not trying to poke the bear. Just curious why people and administration always think big school guys are the best fit? From my experience a lot of big school guys have not had to deal with small school situations. 

On 3/29/2022 at 11:02 AM, SkeeterBronson said:

Not trying to poke the bear. Just curious why people and administration always think big school guys are the best fit? From my experience a lot of big school guys have not had to deal with small school situations. 

Maybe their impressed by the resume.  Maybe their impressed by the professionalism in the interview.  Maybe it's ignorance.  Maybe... who knows.  They'll either get someone that impresses with a "new mentality" or hire someone that fits the "level of comfort for our community" situation.  Either way.. there's usually never a right answer.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

He's in his mid fifties, if I'm guessing correctly.  He may have the time in, but he doesn't seem like the "pack it up and stay home" kind of guy.

He's retiring from the education/coaching profession here in Texas. That's what I know.

Have no clue as to what he does going forward.

• Bobcat1 changed the title to HJ Hires Zach Bass as new AD/HC