3/18- PNG- 5 NEDERLAND- 3 FINAL

KF89

20 minutes ago, D-DAY80 said:

I wouldn’t consider Nederland strong at 6-11.

Seems like Nederland’s varsity baseball teams have not been as fundamentally sound, strong defensively or as deep with pitching depth the last 3 years as several posters have stated  over that time. In your opinion is it players attitudes, lack of quality practices, head coaching decisions, overall coaching or lack of overall baseball skilled players or combination of these things?

I think they usually get a lot of football players playing baseball.  This is usually a good thing, but this year’s football talent level was extremely weak, so I think it has carried over to baseball this season.  They should beat PAM and BU twice and hopefully split with GP and finish 3rd or 4th

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

Seems like Nederland’s varsity baseball teams have not been as fundamentally sound, strong defensively or as deep with pitching depth the last 3 years as several posters have stated  over that time. In your opinion is it players attitudes, lack of quality practices, head coaching decisions, overall coaching or lack of overall baseball skilled players or combination of these things?

I thinks it could be a little bit of everything you mentioned. It’s a problem when smaller schools have more kids try out for the baseball program then Nederland did the past few years as well. In my opinion Nederland needs a overhaul. Been living in the past to long! It’s time for a new era of coaching and kids to step up and make something happen. Not going to happen reliving the past or blaming kids. Starts with leadership/culture of athletics and the kids will follow.

5 hours ago, D-DAY80 said:

Since Dad ask…. His only outing this year that was productive was against a weak jasper team. Coaches didn’t lose the game! It was a good game and PNG hits fell. Nederland stung the ball several times right at people just wasn’t their night. Time to grow up and move on from the blame game.

I didnt have a problem with the junior starting at all.  He had a great tournament season.  The problem was the Freshamn starting at SS with only 2 starts and putting the slowiest kid on the field into pinch hit with base loaded with 1 out when he couldnt beat out a grounder for a double play to score a run!!  Someone has to take the blame! Why not the coaches with their questionable decision making? It wasn't the players! Not one error.  Out hit PNG.  So you tell me?! Its not a blame game.  Its realistic questioning that happens at every level!

50 minutes ago, pride at impact said:

I didnt have a problem with the junior starting at all.  He had a great tournament season.  The problem was the Freshamn starting at SS with only 2 starts and putting the slowiest kid on the field into pinch hit with base loaded with 1 out when he couldnt beat out a grounder for a double play to score a run!!  Someone has to take the blame! Why not the coaches with their questionable decision making? It wasn't the players! Not one error.  Out hit PNG.  So you tell me?! Its not a blame game.  Its realistic questioning that happens at every level!

The junior only allowed six hits in three games against stout opponents durning tournament play so understandable why he was chosen. Won one and lost two. Both loses we’re by one point each. We didn’t play error free baseball in either. With that said the freshman can play and has a glove. He was DH’ed for by a hot bat so I have no issue with that move. Can’t say your wrong about the pinch hitter. I also can’t say your wrong about questionable calls the coaching staff has made over the past two years that I’ve witnessed. But again last night at PNG had nothing to do with our game plan. PNG came for revenge after being embarrassed Tuesday and hit the junior. Our hits didn’t fall! PNG won that all there is to it.