Thanks SETXsports, time to move on

Some folks have known but I will make it public. My time as a full time administrator/broadcaster is up. I told my wife of 33 years that when she retired from teaching that I would retire with her to the beach. She retired last May and I told her I would finish out the football and basketball seasons of this year then I would join her. (would have joined her in May but needed to stay on after the passing of our beloved admin WOSGrad). I am so ready to be a beach bum.

I have enjoyed these past 17 years here on the site. I have seen it grow from just a little message board to now be considered a valuable media outlet. It truly has been a labor of love.

First of all, I want to thank Jordan Wilson, the owner of this site, by inviting me on as a staff member and eventually an administrator. He trusted me with the help of running this site and allowed me to "do my thang" and start my broadcast career. It has truly been a blessing. Thanks

I want to thank Todd Broussard (WOSGrad) who is looking down on us from heaven. He has been my partner in crime for all these years and is the reason this site is what it is today. He was the man!! I dearly miss my old friend and I hope that he is up there saying "job well done my friend". Thanks Todd for everything you did for me and this site.

I want to thank all the staff members here. Particularly Lucas, Mack, Robert, Terry, Matthew and all of the other staff. You have helped make this the place to be as for Southeast Texas sports.  Thanks for all the support over the years.

Thanks to all the coaches that I have come to know and work with all these years. Thank you for your support and cooperation and your acceptance of me and SETXsports. I am truly grateful.

Thanks to all the members here who really are what makes this site so great. I have become friends with several here and I cherish all the times we have spent on and off this site. God Bless all of you.

I wish all and this site the very best. I will still be around some but it will be mostly from my chair on the beach with my toes in the sand holding a cold one.

Thanks again to everyone and May God Bless.

Happy retirement Mike.  Man, not may people get to make a career out of something they love, like sports.  You blazed a trail.  You have kept me informed.  I love Silsbee Tiger basketball.  I like football too but not nearly as much as basketball.  Has it been 17 years?  I guess so.  I've been around for most of them.  Before this board getting information on Silsbee sports was hard to do.  The local Houston teams just don't excite me.  Then the frustration ended.  

I would tweet on twitter. WOS would sometimes comment back.  I didn't even know somebody was paying me attention.   SE Texas fans have been blessed especially tiger basketball fans.  You did a great job.

Was with TxHoops when we first met at the Evadale gym.  What amazed me, with all the people you come in contact with, you still remembered me years later.  So drink enough cold ones to kill a few “grey cells”, you have plenty.  

Kudos to you and Todd for making this site the “go to” place for SETX information.  I’ve spent, and continue to spend, countless hours on here, enjoying myself, and the great folks I’ve met here.

So enjoy yourself.  Wishing you and Mrs AAW all the best.

On 3/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Some folks have known but I will make it public. My time as a full time administrator/broadcaster is up. I told my wife of 33 years that when she retired from teaching that I would retire with her to the beach. She retired last May and I told her I would finish out the football and basketball seasons of this year then I would join her. (would have joined her in May but needed to stay on after the passing of our beloved admin WOSGrad). I am so ready to be a beach bum.

I have enjoyed these past 17 years here on the site. I have seen it grow from just a little message board to now be considered a valuable media outlet. It truly has been a labor of love.

First of all, I want to thank Jordan Wilson, the owner of this site, by inviting me on as a staff member and eventually an administrator. He trusted me with the help of running this site and allowed me to "do my thang" and start my broadcast career. It has truly been a blessing. Thanks

I want to thank Todd Broussard (WOSGrad) who is looking down on us from heaven. He has been my partner in crime for all these years and is the reason this site is what it is today. He was the man!! I dearly miss my old friend and I hope that he is up there saying "job well done my friend". Thanks Todd for everything you did for me and this site.

I want to thank all the staff members here. Particularly Lucas, Mack, Robert, Terry, Matthew and all of the other staff. You have helped make this the place to be as for Southeast Texas sports.  Thanks for all the support over the years.

Thanks to all the coaches that I have come to know and work with all these years. Thank you for your support and cooperation and your acceptance of me and SETXsports. I am truly grateful.

Thanks to all the members here who really are what makes this site so great. I have become friends with several here and I cherish all the times we have spent on and off this site. God Bless all of you.

I wish all and this site the very best. I will still be around some but it will be mostly from my chair on the beach with my toes in the sand holding a cold one.

Thanks again to everyone and May God Bless.

Mike as you end your career, a young guy like me is starting my own. I hope one day to have the same admiration and respect of my peers that you do. Hope you enjoy your retirement and can’t wait to see your posts on here from time to time!

I would like to ditto what Hagar said.  Not only has this site given us hours upon hours of entertainment, many of us have formed friendships here as well.  In fact, I don’t know I would have met the aforementioned Hagar if it weren’t for site, and that is a friendship I very much treasure. 

I’m not sure what this website looks like in the future, because when I think of SETXsports, I don’t think of the HS basketball board or the college board, even though those are the two I routinely visit. I think of WOSGrad and AggiesAreWe.  I will miss you both.  But i will take solace that AAW and a cold beer are only a drive to the beach away.  

Enjoy your retirement my friend.  You deserve it.