Favorite Coach's Sayings

Bulldogs92

"SAME PLAY"

Coach Jay Law Vidor

example

Coach: "Same Play" (screamed from the sideline at the top of his lungs)

us: " coach they can hear you"

Coach: " run it again , 22 pop"

us in the huddle: "look at them all standing by the 2 hole, we're screwed"

He would do it every play wanting the defense to hear him. I think it was our punishment. The man never even came out of the field house at practice so he probably didn't know ant other plays. He just stayed in there with his feet propped up on the desk chain smoking cigs, awful coach😂

45 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

He just stayed in there with his feet propped up on the desk chain smoking cigs, awful coach😂

Mine sat in his car, engine running with A/C on, chain smoking and drinking beer. Would occasionally get out and yell something. His empties literally filled up the entire back seat area of his car, so much so that they would spill over into the front seat area sometimes, until he occasionally dumped them. I don't know how he lived as long as he did. 

(Disclaimer, this was NOT at BH). 

4 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Mine sat in his car, engine running with A/C on, chain smoking and drinking beer. Would occasionally get out and yell something. His empties literally filled up the entire back seat area of his car, so much so that they would spill over into the front seat area sometimes, until he occasionally dumped them. I don't know how he lived as long as he did. 

(Disclaimer, this was NOT at BH). 

They dont make em like they used to. Where have all the real men gone ? 😂

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

This should be fun...

Back in the late 80's in Jasper, Coach Brack would say "You gotta love it!" while we were dying during conditioning drills. I heard some kid say something about him not moving in ten minutes. That kid didn't love that at all after Coach got done with him. 😁

92 check thus out!  one of several shirts I bought the week in 2004 we were playing for title.

he and Art Lay together calling games was priceless.  They were best friends!

This is the hidden content, please

47 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

92 check thus out!  one of several shirts I bought the week in 2004 we were playing for title.

he and Art Lay together calling games was priceless.  They were best friends!

This is the hidden content, please

Nice! I wish I could have heard some of those. There was about a long stretch when I couldn't get access to any of the games and by the time I did, Coach Brack wasn't calling games anymore. 

in Jr. High in Lumberton back in 87 we had a coach suit out and play against us in practice. He was 6'4'' and built. One kid on the A team lit a B team kid up on kick off... the coach ran across the field at full speed.. just when the kid turned around he lit him up.. both feet off the ground and slammed him on the ground and started barking at him about taking cheap shots... could you imagine the law suites today and media exposure??

Not one particular saying, but the passionate, profanity-filled pregame speech, immediately followed by the pregame prayer always kinda made me laugh.  An example:

Go out there and kick their ___________ teeth in.  Leave it all on the field.  If you aren't exhausted at the end of this __________ game, your sorry __________ didn't play hard enough.  Now, bow your heads, and let's pray.  

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

I'm surprised there isn't more from Coach T on here. His interviews are priceless..lol

My favorite was after their playoff loss to Silsbee a couple of years ago. Reporter asked his thoughts on the loss, he replied "Well we have been dogs chasing cars all season and tonight we finally caught one."

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

My favorite was after their playoff loss to Silsbee a couple of years ago. Reporter asked his thoughts on the loss, he replied "Well we have been dogs chasing cars all season and tonight we finally caught one."

I was listening when he said that. Classic line...

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Where does he get this stuff..lol Every interview has at least one gem in it.