Jasper ISD Special Called Meeting - New AD Kendrick Crumedy!

26 minutes ago, j_dog said:

I feel the best about this hire than I have any other, ever.  Hopefully on the Gene Walkoviak level.  He already has two state track championships on his record at Manvel if I read correctly.  Not to mention a good record in the Football playoffs. There is going to be some new excitement in Bulldog land!

I agree with you. I wasn't in Jasper yet when Coach Walkoviak was hired, but he was really young (29) when he got the job and hadn't been in coaching long. He obviously did more there than anyone ever thought he would in 1977. Anyway, Coach Crumedy was going to get a shot somewhere eventually and I'm happy that he's coming home. This is great for everyone involved.

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I researched MaxPreps to get points per game in the six seasons he was the OC. Overall, those teams averaged 47 points/game. Some of those scores came from the defense, but this is still impressive. 

2016  14 games  670 points  47.9 ppg

2017  15 games  719 points  47.9 ppg

2018  12 games  654 points  54.5 ppg

2019  14 games  689 points  49.2 ppg

2020  11 games  478 points  43.5 ppg

2021  13 games  512 points  39.4 ppg

This type of scoring paired with a close proximity of Jasper's defense from last year should spell trouble for a lot of opponents.

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Don't hate on my birthday month/week. 😁

my bad MBG.  I hope that not only is your bday but the entire month is FANTABULOUS!!

being that my wife of 19 years has reminded me of March at least 30 days in advance like she has for 20 years(we dated 1 year before hitching up).  I shouldn't ever in any shape, form, or fashion throw shade on this month.   (her bday is the 10th).  lol

On 3/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

Happy birthday whenever it is, but I'd be cool if it was Week Zero! 😄

I'm sure coach disagrees with you.

Lots of work to be done.

There will be a complete and total change in philosophy, culture, discipline and not to mention a totally foreign offense to be taught and  implemented.

4 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Lots of work to be done.

There will be a complete and total change in philosophy, culture, discipline and not to mention a totally foreign offense to be taught and  implemented.

🙂 yesssss sirrrrrr!!  aka Building a Program.

from our young 7th and 8 th graders on up! development of players on both sides of the ball, finding the best position each player to go with their personal skills and abilities. 

learning the offense and/or defense that has been implemented from day one and only get better running them.

it's been since Coach Walkoviak since Jasper has had that.

the focus on strength and conditioning is a top notch plus as well.

8 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Lots of work to be done.

I wouldn't want them to be unprepared either. Wanting it to be Week Zero includes all of the work being done to that point, too. 

On 3/1/2022 at 1:44 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

I agree with you. I wasn't in Jasper yet when Coach Walkoviak was hired, but he was really young (29) when he got the job and hadn't been in coaching long. He obviously did more there than anyone ever thought he would in 1977. Anyway, Coach Crumedy was going to get a shot somewhere eventually and I'm happy that he's coming home. This is great for everyone involved.

I was around when Walkoviak was hired.  In no time at all, it was clear to everyone that he was on a whole other level than most coaches.  Before his arrival, Jasper was content to contend for District once every five or so years when the talent would peak.  Walkoviak changed that mindset immediately to expect to contend EVERY year.  And Jasper did.  I am expecting no less from Crumedy.

47 minutes ago, j_dog said:

I was around when Walkoviak was hired.  In no time at all, it was clear to everyone that he was on a whole other level than most coaches.  Before his arrival, Jasper was content to contend for District once every five or so years when the talent would peak.  Walkoviak changed that mindset immediately to expect to contend EVERY year.  And Jasper did.  I am expecting no less from Crumedy.

Saw Gene a few years ago at our semi final game before we won state. He had went on a diet and lost a lot of weight and looked healthy. He talked like he might get back in coaching. He was a pleasure to be around. 

8 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Saw Gene a few years ago at our semi final game before we won state. He had went on a diet and lost a lot of weight and looked healthy. He talked like he might get back in coaching. He was a pleasure to be around. 

I haven't seen him in years, but he was like another dad to me and a lot of other kids back then. He loved coaching in Jasper. 

10 hours ago, j_dog said:

I copied and pasted the below statement from a text that a good friend who son will be on Varsity next year.

Well I thought you’d like to know the boys met head coach.         said he seemed cool. Said he wasn’t putting up with disrespect.  Gave them a sheet of paper wants them to bring back Monday 8th period. Wants grades, classes & teachers comments on conduct. Also he said if you’re not doing any extracurricular activities after school then they need to be in the weight room every day after school starting Monday. He definitely seems like he’s gonna start trying to put some discipline in these boys. They need it.

Personally, I like that!

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I copied and pasted the below statement from a text that a good friend who son will be on Varsity next year.

Well I thought you’d like to know the boys met head coach.         said he seemed cool. Said he wasn’t putting up with disrespect.  Gave them a sheet of paper wants them to bring back Monday 8th period. Wants grades, classes & teachers comments on conduct. Also he said if you’re not doing any extracurricular activities after school then they need to be in the weight room every day after school starting Monday. He definitely seems like he’s gonna start trying to put some discipline in these boys. They need it.

Personally, I like that!

Crumedy's gonna win big. It may take a couple of years, but I think we're gonna be one of the best programs in the region really soon. I love that he is demanding excellence already...