#1 Argyle vs #2 HJ, 4A State Semifinals/ HJ ADVANCES TO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

drewlsu

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

it's great coaching and great fundamental basketball.  What makes HJ so unstoppable is their relentless press, and having 4-5 girls on the court at all time that can bring the ball up on the break.  Teams like Argyle and Canyon (and maybe 1-2 more 4A schools statewide) have multiple girls that can handle the pressure and break the press.  When you can break the press consistently you end up with easy baskets consistently.  Both of those teams also have a well-run, slow and methodical offense that will shorten games.  If you let HJ run all game they'll wear you down and win.  If you cut the amount of possessions their all-American gets in half you greatly increase your chance of winning.  

so with this analysis........you're telling me that HJ chose to fall back into half court man to start the game and refuses to get into the diamond or 2-2-1 pressure / prevent defense ?  because i'd hope so or else they will lose to this "methodical" program you speak of

Guest mrtomcat
3 minutes ago, KPBall said:

Argyle having no issues with the press either, leading to a lot of easy buckets. Not sure I’d press this team in the 2nd, they pass the ball really well. 

33 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Hawks down 9-3 early.  Argyle breaking their press without even dribbling, just passing around it.  

PLEASE SOMEBODY ON THIS WEBSITE LISTEN TO ME......................SETX has to learn to NOT PRESS TEAMS THAT handle pressure with ease.  Why can't SETX programs learn that?  WHY, just WHY are we so stubborn that we LIVE and DIE by full court pressure.  FALL BACK INTO HALF COURT MAN. Beat them at their own game.  YOU HAVE A D1 MCDONALDS ALL AMERICAN -----SLOW THE GAME DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, KPBall said:

Argyle having no issues with the press either, leading to a lot of easy buckets. Not sure I’d press this team in the 2nd, they pass the ball really well. 

Yep.

You don’t beat Argyle by pressing.
You’re not going to create a lot of turnovers, nor are you going to force them into bad shots.

You try and beat them by playing fundamental half court defense and contesting every shot.

2 minutes ago, yepyep said:

Yep.

You’re not going to create a lot of turnovers, nor are you going to force them into bad shots.

You try and beat them by playing fundamental half court defense and contesting every shot.

Down 8 they're going to have to press some, or Argyle will bleed a minute off the clock every possession.

Guest mrtomcat
2 minutes ago, yepyep said:

Yep.

1000000000000% 

PRESSURE DOES NOT WORK against strong guard play.  And these programs like Canyon and Argyle will DESTROY you if you want to play games 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to #1 Argyle vs #2 HJ, 4A State Semifinals/ HJ ADVANCES TO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!