Silsbee vs Jack Yates Monday 7pm Dayton Predictions

BADSANTA

39 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Series tied 3-3. Game 7 tonight.

Funny you mentioned this.  I was unaware of the series totals, but was just thinking yesterday that in basketball (especially the last several years), Yates has probably been Silsbee’s biggest rival.  Those two have had some unbelievable games against each other as well. 

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Funny you mentioned this.  I was unaware of the series totals, but was just thinking yesterday that in basketball (especially the last several years), Yates has probably been Silsbee’s biggest rival.  Those two have had some unbelievable games against each other as well. 

What's your pick?

13 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I tend to agree.

Yates won the first two meetings, '13 (Reg. Q) and '14 (RQ). Silsbee won in '17(Reg. Final) and '18 (RF). Yates won in '19 (RF) and then Silsbee won last year, '21 (Area).

A Tiger win tonight would have Silsbee winning 4 of the last 5.

I agree, all the games have been great. I honestly think Silsbee should be up 4-2. Let that '19 game get away from them. Should have won that one. But, I also think had Silsbee not lost to Life Waxahachie regional semis in '20 (a game they should have won) they most likely lose to Yates in regional final.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I tend to agree.

Yates won the first two meetings, '13 (Reg. Q) and '14 (RQ). Silsbee won in '17(Reg. Final) and '18 (RF). Yates won in '19 (RF) and then Silsbee won last year, '21 (Area).

A Tiger win tonight would have Silsbee winning 4 of the last 5.

I agree, all the games have been great. I honestly think Silsbee should be up 4-2. Let that '19 game get away from them. Should have won that one. But, I also think had Silsbee not lost to Life Waxahachie regional semis in '20 (a game they should have won) they most likely lose to Yates in regional final.

2019 hurt and yes we wouldn't have beat them in 2020. They were loaded. I hate they had to play Faith Family in that 1st game. Silsbee by 10 tonight. 

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Also, a win tonight would send Silsbee to their 8th consecutive regional tournament and 14th in last 18 seasons.

Rarefied air.  When Houston schools in this classification are anxious to prove their mettle against the Tigers, that says something about the state of your program.  And I know that is absolutely the case for one team that appears to be on a collision course with Silsbee.  Hopefully they will be looking past the Bears tomorrow night and get tripped up.  Not likely, but one can hope.

48 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Rarefied air.  When Houston schools in this classification are anxious to prove their mettle against the Tigers, that says something about the state of your program.  And I know that is absolutely the case for one team that appears to be on a collision course with Silsbee.  Hopefully they will be looking past the Bears tomorrow night and get tripped up.  Not likely, but one can hope.

It's not an absolutely terrible matchup for LCM.  They had a good game against Navasota and they have some size and some leaping ability.  Teams like that that hang around get better at each outing.  I don't think LCM is quite the same team right now that Silsbee beat by 32 and then by 37.  There's been improvement.  But they'll have to have every break and play better than their best against what amounts to an HISD all star team.  A team which, by the way, shot 50% from 3pt range in their last game.

I'm still going with Silsbee by 6.  I think Yates will play better and harder than they did in either game against Washington.  They lost by only 8 last time out.  Any kind of a win for the Tigers is a good omen because I think Yates will play Washington right down to the wire if they win tonight.

I suppose the logical conclusion of my thinking is that WOS, at their best, is a team more like the one that lost to Silsbee by 3 than the team the lost to Silsbee by 33. 

On their website, there is only two games listed for them to stream tonight. Irion County/Balmorhea and Kingwood Park/Katy Paetow.

This is the hidden content, please

There has been a lot of spam on Twitter and other social media sites claiming to broadcast games. I believe this is one of those cases.

Dayton ISD has not been contacted from any broadcast entity.