Beaumont united is open!!! / Darrell Colbert Sr. New HC

lcm93

Nah, I doubt it.  A job is what you make of it.  Apparently, that’s the rumor that’s been put into everyone’s ear….  That the BU job is bottom tier.  But the fact of the matter is that coaches in BISD has access to pretty good resources and have access to some fine athletes as well.  And the pay is on par with pay from multi HS districts (no AD title).  But folks know this coming in the door, but it ends up being a problem later.  🤷🏾‍♂️ 

At the end of the day, I’m glad ok dude is gone and it’s done early.  Plenty of time to get someone in so he can hire a staff, all before spring football…

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Nah, I doubt it.  A job is what you make of it.  Apparently, that’s the rumor that’s been put into everyone’s ear….  That the BU job is bottom tier.  But the fact of the matter is that coaches in BISD has access to pretty good resources and have access to some fine athletes as well.  And the pay is on par with pay from multi HS districts (no AD title).  But folks know this coming in the door, but it ends up being a problem later.  🤷🏾‍♂️ 

At the end of the day, I’m glad ok dude is gone and it’s done early.  Plenty of time to get someone in so he can hire a staff, all before spring football…

They need a HC that actually wants to be there. 👀🥤

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Athletes on par with most in the state , but let’s be honest BISD doesn’t do what it takes to keep or attract great coaches… BISD made this a “stepping stone” job , while It should be a dream job. With the Athletes, history, recruiting location, etc, coaches should be knocking down the door but instead you got a school like 6A WB who went to State but the coach left for a 4A LCM, or back in 2009 When Coach Stowers took a Central team 4 rounds and had a team just as good coming back but left for a DFW job. . Think about those Stump coached WB teams,  Is never been about the athletes, They’re going to be there, is everything else. So while I hate coach Graham did that, and is really bad for the kids, can you blame him??? 

Yea it might not be a bottom tier job as far as athleticism is concerned but unfortunately is more than that. 

55 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Athletes on par with most in the state , but let’s be honest BISD doesn’t do what it takes to keep or attract great coaches… BISD made this a “stepping stone” job , while It should be a dream job. With the Athletes, history, recruiting location, etc, coaches should be knocking down the door but instead you got a school like 6A WB who went to State but the coach left for a 4A LCM, or back in 2009 When Coach Stowers took a Central team 4 rounds and had a team just as good coming back but left for a DFW job. . Think about those Stump coached WB teams,  Is never been about the athletes, They’re going to be there, is everything else. So while I hate coach Graham did that, and is really bad for the kids, can you blame him??? 

Yea it might not be a bottom tier job as far as athleticism is concerned but unfortunately is more than that. 

Its money, its facilities, its alignment of the program, its teaching fields/loads for coordinators, its overall campus setup...so much goes into it...for example its tough to expect anyone to succeed at United when the kids are only going to athletics every other day..its like fighting w/one hand tied behind your back, especially in that district

25 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I heard about the athletic period situation and not all the athletes on the team are able to attend, plus I heard the weight room situation is well below average at United, 

what are BISD head football coaches making now? I know a few years ago peevey was at 86k the year he went to the championship game, 

I’m not sure, I know Dallas ISD just approved to pay the Football HC 100k+ I believe , and we’re not going to even get into the suburbs. . 

1 hour ago, Matthew328 said:

Its money, its facilities, its alignment of the program, its teaching fields/loads for coordinators, its overall campus setup...so much goes into it...for example its tough to expect anyone to succeed at United when the kids are only going to athletics every other day..its like fighting w/one hand tied behind your back, especially in that district

EXACTLY!!!! BISD is not invested in their sports programs BISD is just blessed to have gifted athletes!!!!! Even in Basketball didn’t Coach Green have to take a paycut when he left Notth Shore??? I could be wrong but I thought I seen that somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't get the bottom tier thing. Maybe a stepping stone to a HC/AD job, but wouldn't you still have to come in and do a good job? Wouldn't that look better on a resume?

• 2 weeks later...

United position opened Feb.25 Friday is March 25. That's sufficient time to eliminate

the qualified outside applicants on the unpublished list.  Its unknown if BISD will use

a consultant to expedite the process and get it right. The trend has been to wait until

its too late to have Spring ball which results in the new hire being disadvantaged.

The deck is already stacked moving to 6A any unnecessary procrastination is pure

sabotage. jmo...

42 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

I heard Foreman didn't apply and the hire is going to be in-house. Could be good for United, but the next couple years won't show it 

Im convinced until proven otherwise United is just okay with being a basketball school honestly lol 

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

I heard Foreman didn't apply and the hire is going to be in-house. Could be good for United, but the next couple years won't show it 

Whoever gets it had better hire the best OL Coach and Strength & Conditioning Coach they can find. It's been deeply needed at United the past couple of years. Also if they hire one of the 2 guys (doesn't matter which one) I think they're looking at: QB development wont be an issue. 

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Would love to see Kevin Dotson get a shot at it.  He's a great guy, and has coached in BISD for a long time.  It's going to be a tough first job for whoever takes it with them having to play 6A opponents next season.

No doubt Dotson is a great guy. If Bisd is going internal specifically then give him his deserved shot. Ozen/BU

has had its share of nice/great guys but not top tier leadership. Somehow the top tier Applicants are eliminated

or disqualified for whatever reason. Solution or quick fix ? Most know the answer... I admire PNG for not settling

for mediocrity when it comes developing a quality program. jmo

• BMTSoulja1 changed the title to Beaumont united is open!!! / Darrell Colbert Sr. New HC