Barbers Hill 50 Goose Creek Memorial 52/FINAL

I didnt see any disrespect.  The atmosphere was amazing, it was standing room only and electric the entire game. I have never seen the field house like that and I hope it is a sign of things to come with BH joining the Baytown schools in District next year. Both communities showed up and with the band, cheerleaders and students....It was a awesome environment. 

What I did see was BH battle back from a 15-0 and 17-1 deficit to get with in 1 going into the 4th quarter. BH could not make a shot early and missed a ton of free throws.  BH had no business being in the game with the size advantage GCM had but credit to those kids. They played their butts off and could have easily won that game had the ball fell the right way. 

Two bizarre plays. One on a layup that would have tied the game, I dont know if GCM goal tended the ball but somehow the ball literally stopped and say on the rim for 3 seconds before it fell out. Huge bucket that didnt go down.

Last, down 3, BH gets fouled shooting a 3 with less than 3 seconds to play. Kid missed the first, makes the second, shoots the ball off the front of the rim and goes flying in to get the rebound. One ref I think called he left too early and one I think called a foul on GCM. After talking about it the refs did a do over! I have never seen that before in my life. The kid made that free throw to make the score 50-51. BH quickly fouled and GCM made one of 2. 

BH got the ball to just over mid court for a last second 3 but it was long. 

It was a heck of a game. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Barbers Hill 50 Goose Creek Memorial 52/FINAL

What should have been a blow out was kept close by GCM repeatedly taking long range 3's (and missing) and refusing to take advantage of their size advantage.

BH was scrappy and hit a ton of clutch shots. Kudos

GCM almost went full Baytown, but thankfully they only went 3/4 Baytown.

It was a great atmosphere though.