5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

7 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

And Kudos to people who choose a preferred, safe community to live in with top notch academics for gifted and talented students that will excel throughout life, which is much, much more important in the long run than HS football.  Ah life is good! 

Yes life is good for all with freedom of choice to move & live in safe communities for the betterment of their gifted & talented kids in athletics, academics, band, choir, auto mechanics, welding etc. 

On 7/22/2022 at 6:43 PM, #COUGAR08 said:

Won't even be close this year, I wonder what coach the hill will hire next? 

Exactly. Good chance they might be a little better the next two years than they were the last two years, still finish 3rd in the district and take two first round L’s. I’m sure Abseck’s wife is employed by the district, like TW’s was, so that would put them around $600k for that one playoff win after his third year on the job. 

Another interesting thing I saw is 7A won’t be here for a while according to the UIL deputy director. If the 6A floor doesn’t move up BH might be headed that way in ‘24. I think Crosby makes it in 5A-D1 until at least ‘26. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Exactly. Good chance they might be a little better the next two years than they were the last two years, still finish 3rd in the district and take two first round L’s. I’m sure Abseck’s wife is employed by the district, like TW’s was, so that would put them around $600k for that one playoff win after his third year on the job. 

Another interesting thing I saw is 7A won’t be here for a while according to the UIL deputy director. If the 6A floor doesn’t move up BH might be headed that way in ‘24. I think Crosby makes it in 5A-D1 until at least ‘26. 

I think 7A is more far off than a 6A split. It's going to be interesting next realignment for sure. 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:14 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Yes, the heavier, faster and more versatile route runner with bigger hands and a higher vertical is the better college prospect. Dixon also averaged more yards per catch than Herndon and is better at high-pointing the ball in contested situations. Not to mention Dixon looks likes Julio Jones while Herndon looks like Matt Jones which really isn't a slight since Matt Jones was a first round pick too. 

I know you're pretty naive when it comes to high school football so just as a point of reference Johntay Cook is the top receiver in the state. He's 5'11.5" 170lbs and had 806 receiving yards on 39 catches last year in 14 games. Using your logic the recruiting services and multimillion dollars staffs made a mistake and should've taken Kameren Kirkwood from Crosby since he's similar size but had 1,090 yards receiving last year? NFL scouts don't look at who had the most college receiving yards and then draft accordingly, they look at what a player did in college that could translate to the next level.

Philip Beck(Blinn/La Tech) had one of the greatest receiving seasons in THSF history, 124 catches for 2,202 yards and 24 TDs. He's definitely the best high school level receiver to ever play at Crosby, with that being said you're still not going to find many Crosby fans that would take him over Singleton(Utah/UH), Patterson(New Mexico/Rice) or Netherly(LSU) today. 

I think Cougar is talking his book, rumor is Crosby is trying to recruit Dixon. 

8 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

BH whole football program takes an L for that hype video. Crosby’s focus is getting back to state BH focus is proving they can compete with Crosby. Smh. Separation last time I checked you owe those gentlemen from the triangle an apology. 

Speaking of The Ant Mound ( @BMTSoulja1 favorite name for em) I think they have a PA native on their squad, the Pierre Jr kid (CB/WR). If that kid middle name is Trent and was born in 2005 after Rita hit here in PA I know some of his folks. 

9 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

I think Cougar is talking his book, rumor is Crosby is trying to recruit Dixon. 

Is Crosby trying to recruit him or is he not completely bought in at BH? He’s also a good basketball player. Who’s to say he doesn’t want to come play for programs that are better than the ones he’s in now? Sometimes different narratives develop depending if you live east or west of 146. 

I don’t think there’s anything to that rumor, if there even is one, but a player like that wouldn’t be allowed to transfer to one of the better teams in the district anyway. You would have to get them pre-PAPF like BH just did with the Crosby qb. A Dixon-type transfer would be denied at the DEC level by a vote or two even if BH, Crosby, PAM and possibly La Porte all voted affirmative. 

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Is Crosby trying to recruit him or is he not completely bought in at BH? He’s also a good basketball player. Who’s to say he doesn’t want to come play for programs that are better than the ones he’s in now? Sometimes different narratives develop depending if you live east or west of 146. 

I don’t think there’s anything to that rumor, if there even is one, but a player like that wouldn’t be allowed to transfer to one of the better teams in the district anyway. You would have to get them pre-PAPF like BH just did with the Crosby qb. A Dixon-type transfer would be denied at the DEC level by a vote or two even if BH, Crosby, PAM and possibly La Porte all voted affirmative. 

Crosby definitely put out feelers as has his 7on7 team members who I believe go to Dickinson. I agree though, if he tried to go in district he would be sitting out a year for sure. 

1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

Crosby definitely put out feelers as has his 7on7 team members who I believe go to Dickinson. I agree though, if he tried to go in district he would be sitting out a year for sure. 

Correct, some do go to Dickinson. Again, it depends on what side of the highway you're on? Is/was Crosby trying to "recruit" him or is/was he trying to go to a better situation for undisclosed reasons? What I will say is that it won't be/wouldn't be a good look for a kid like that to leave BH. 

3 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Who’s the Crosby QB that left?

One of the QBs going to 8th grade. He'll be the starting QB for BH South middle school when/if we play them next year. I bumped into his dad the other evening at the stadium when our boys were doing some drills and he told me they just came back from a national camp in Atlanta, I believe, where he got ranked 4th in something? We used to call him "Little Brady" in the stands because of his skillset. I know Katy Paetow was trying to scoop him up too. Coach P's son is in the same grade so the kid that went to BH would never play QB here. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Correct, some do go to Dickinson. Again, it depends on what side of the highway you're on? Is/was Crosby trying to "recruit" him or is/was he trying to go to a better situation for undisclosed reasons? What I will say is that it won't be/wouldn't be a good look for a kid like that to leave BH. 

Not it wouldnt especially for all the school has done for him off the field which goes unsaid and unappreciated. 

3 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Not it wouldnt especially for all the school has done for him off the field which goes unsaid and unappreciated. 

I think the only reason he’s still there is because of what you mentioned so IMO it doesn’t go unnoticed. Kudos to the BH folks on that part. I just know I would prefer my son to play for a different staff though. Like somebody said above though, glad were able to choose freely. 

48 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think the only reason he’s still there is because of what you mentioned so IMO it doesn’t go unnoticed. Kudos to the BH folks on that part. I just know I would prefer my son to play for a different staff though. Like somebody said above though, glad were able to choose freely. 

I would be onboard with your comment if westerburg was still there, but what exactly about the new staff do you not like? 

1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

I would be onboard with your comment if westerburg was still there, but what exactly about the new staff do you not like? 

I’m a Crosby fan/parent so there’s nothing for me to like or dislike at BH. I just like to see kids get every opportunity possible and playing for a fully supportive staff is part of that. You kind of hit on it with your comment though. I think Abseck coming from Cedar Park has more adjusting to do to his personnel than TW coming did from Allen oddly. He’s not coming though so the subject is moot now. 

I’m hearing Crosby just picked up a 6’6” OLB from North Shore now so it’s probably a good thing we won’t have another high caliber PAPF to get through the system. 

On 7/24/2022 at 6:45 AM, MrFleet23 said:

BH whole football program takes an L for that hype video. Crosby’s focus is getting back to state BH focus is proving they can compete with Crosby. Smh. Separation last time I checked you owe those gentlemen from the triangle an apology. 

Why are you worried about a BH video? I am an avid HS FB fan and I have never watched a single hype video from anyone, ever. The fact its called "hype" steers me away. But you took it serious? OMG people obsess about BH in every single way. 24/7. 

On 7/24/2022 at 9:18 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

You did that same type "math" before with TW. Now do you it for BH future seasons presuming BH loses out in the first round 2X? BTW do you know for sure who we will play in 1st round in 23 and 24? Ask FBM if Absek and BH can't beat a higher seeded team.  

How many other teams have you done the math on? Instead of obsessing about BH, you ought to be worried about losing your recruiter / coach pretty soon.

8 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

You did that same type "math" before with TW. Now do you it for BH future seasons presuming BH loses out in the first round 2X? BTW do you know for sure who we will play in 1st round in 23 and 24? Ask FBM if Absek and BH can't beat a higher seeded team.  

How many other teams have you done the math on? Instead of obsessing about BH, you ought to be worried about losing your recruiter / coach pretty soon.

Who is our recruiter? What coach will we lose soon? If Crosby loses coaches it's because we're winning so I'm good with guys who deserve opportunities getting them. We're not BH, our kids can win at a high level with good coaching no matter if that guy has previously won a state title or not. Your kids and coaches have yet prove that. 

If you've never seen another team's hype video you're not an avid high school football fan. They're hard to miss this time of year on social media outlets like DCTF who will re-tweet them and have them pop up on your timeline.  

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I'm hearing Crosby just picked up a 6’6” OLB from North Shore now so it’s probably a good thing we won’t have another high caliber PAPF to get through the system. 

We also got the 6'2" corner from North Shore, not Spring. From my understanding they showed up July 11th. They favor the one-sport method at NS which is the main reason they're at Crosby now. They'll be allowed to play both here, they're also both juniors.  

13 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Separation if you admittedly never watched HS hype vids then you probably won’t  be able to understand why BH’s is laughable. Most teams show big hits and big plays throughout their season and maybe the scoreboard of some crucial games. For example showing the first qtr score from the FBM game and then the final score. You know stuff that hypes up the fan base. Not some highlights from a home loss to a div rival. I think BH is def on the rise but that hype vid is comical and proves that CHS lives in their heads.