5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

On 7/1/2022 at 9:40 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I know the McNair’s don’t own the stadium, very few pro sports franchise owners do own their stadiums/arenas. They lease them from the city/county but Bud Adams moved the Oilers because the city wouldn’t build him a new stadium. He was also a huge proponent of football at every level. That’s why we would play 1st round games all the way through the state championships. What I’m saying is that if Cal wanted games at NRG they would be playing games at NRG. You can read their lease agreement below and see how much stroke he has over the decision making. Cal and his dad have always been more skewed to the business side of things though. 

This is the hidden content, please

I know that's a summary, but its pretty short anyway,  my lease on my house is longer than that!    I wonder if there is any lease to own type language in the full lease agreement?   Maybe, maybe not.

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

A look at Kingwood Park’s 2022-2023 football schedule

Article from The Observer (Humble)

PAM won the last meeting with "The Park"  lol.  Valsin stuffed their RB at the 1 as the clock ran out.......in Humble......

40 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

PAM won the last meeting with "The Park"  lol.  Valsin stuffed their RB at the 1 as the clock ran out.......in Humble......

Last meeting was 2019 in Port Arthur. KP won.

The year before in 2018 we played them in Humble and blew them out, matter of fact we hung at least 50 on them that evening.

2017 we played them for the first time ever for a playoff game and blew them out in Porter. 

"I think right now, the four starting receivers are really talented at catching the ball, running routes and running. We have two really big guys. I think there are some things like that we haven’t had in the past." — coach Brian Morgan 

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of our CBs are in the rotation as well along with the other WRs. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

"I think right now, the four starting receivers are really talented at catching the ball, running routes and running. We have two really big guys. I think there are some things like that we haven’t had in the past." — coach Brian Morgan 

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of our CBs are in the rotation as well along with the other WRs. 

It would be nice if the 210 pounder plays some TE/HB.  Especially in short yardage/goal line situations.  Also, he could fill in at DE on occasion 

3 hours ago, kingwolf1 said:

Matt Stepp's take on Region II - 

I'm about 99% sure La Porte isn't making the playoffs unless an act of God happens. 

BH finishing over us?......Hmmm don't know about that one, we catch them at the right time this season on Senior Night at home without it being the last game of the season. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'm about 99% sure La Porte isn't making the playoffs unless an act of God happens. 

BH finishing over us?......Hmmm don't know about that one, we catch them at the right time this season on Senior Night at home without it being the last game of the season. 

I'm not worried about BH.  I didn't see anybody on that team that scared me.  Just another high dollar coach......

On 7/5/2022 at 3:59 PM, Bigdog said:

I know that's a summary, but its pretty short anyway,  my lease on my house is longer than that!    I wonder if there is any lease to own type language in the full lease agreement?   Maybe, maybe not.

There probably isn't any lease to own type language as that would likely make the leasee responsible for maintenance and repair costs. I would imagine what we see is the only part of the lease they wanted to make public. I'm sure there's punitive language for breaking the lease or a potential exit clause that neither party wants made public since it could effect their leverage in future negotiations with other parties if that time ever came to pass. 

On 7/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Last meeting was 2019 in Port Arthur. KP won.

The year before in 2018 we played them in Humble and blew them out, matter of fact we hung at least 50 on them that evening.

2017 we played them for the first time ever for a playoff game and blew them out in Porter. 

Turner Stadium on Thursday nights has been a thorn in Crosby's side for the last decade. Y'all should blow them out but it's probably about a 2 hours bus ride for PAM to Turner, on an off night, the last game of the season, with kids who probably aren't going to respect the opponent lined up across from them. Good ingredients for a long night. 

22 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I'm not worried about BH.  I didn't see anybody on that team that scared me.  Just another high dollar coach......

Last year was the most talented team I've personally ever seen at BH. I think they're going to have tough tasks replacing their QB/RB combination from last year. I thought QB might be a little easier to replace but with their best receiver tearing his ACL this Spring I kind of changed my mind about that. I do think their other 6'4" receiver is the better college prospect but Herndon has proven to be the better high school player to date. BH gave up 33.6ppg on defense last year so they'll probably improve there but unless they find a RB who can control the pace of the game like Hagler then I'm not sure they'll be as good as last year. I do think their record will be better than 6-6 though.  

On 7/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just copying and pasting what I sent you a couple of weeks back.  

Aug. 26 - at Port Neches-Groves, 7:00pm (L)
Sept. 2 - Nederland, 7:00pm (L)
Sept. 9 - OPEN
Sept. 16 - New Caney Porter*, 7:00p. (L)
Start off 0-3, you’re ready to run Captain Morgan off at this point. 
Sept. 22 - at Baytown Sterling*, 7:00pm (W)
Sept. 30 - Crosby*, 7:00pm (L)

Oct. 7 - at La Porte*, 7:00pm (W)
Oct. 14 - Goose Creek Memorial*, 7:00pm. (L)
You’re on suicide watch at this point
Oct. 21 - at Baytown Lee*, 7:00pm (W)
Oct. 28 - Barbers Hill*, 7:00pm (L)
Is it Graham Cracker’s fault?  🤷🏾‍♂️
Nov. 3 - at Humble Kingwood Park*, 7:00 (L)
Missed playoffs.  You’ll cry in the car.

AND y’all will get ran off the field and embarrassed vs West Brook in the scrimmage…

You really shouldn't have..lol🤣

On 7/12/2022 at 5:10 PM, Austin1985 said:

You must be referring to last year.

So our high dollar coach took his untalented Eagle team, struggled through district, THEN punched a Top Ten FB Marshall team in the mouth for the upset, and then came within a play of making the third round against AMC. Pretty dang good for a first year coach with a no talent team!

Meanwhile the immensley talented PAM Titanics lost in the first round to 3rd place Hightower, again. How many times have the Titanics crashed and burned in the 1st round lately? That makes 4 straight times right? Foster, Shadow Creek, Hightower X2?      

23 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I do think their other 6'4" receiver is the better college prospect but Herndon has proven to be the better high school player to date. 

So the better player with same height and more productionis not the better prospect. Ah yes, I see what you did there, too. 100%

Just spell it out next time. You too Mr. Moderator BMTSolja. We are used to it.