5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

5 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Will be an interesting year. Crosby, PAM and BH should be a slug fest and Porter/LaPorte have potential. I feel this will be a tougher district overall than last year for BH and Crosby. Playoffs travel will be brutal though. 

Atleast they helped all of us for non football district and put all of us close together 

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Can you imagine PAM traveling to Dallas first round of playoffs? It’s insane

4hr 21 minute drive from Mont Belvieu to McKinney North HS😳

I would like to welcome all of you to the wonderful world of region 2.

Last two years,   New Caney to Highland Park.   The first year on Thursday night.

41 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Region II is sooooooo much easier than Region III we dodge Manvel, College Station, Buda Hays, Georgetown, Angleton, Friendswood, and A&M Consolidated. 

We have the Frisco Lonestar, Mansfield Timber view, Lufkin, and Lancaster

I really don't know whos good in region II. 

Frisco ISD schools alone last year:

Frisco Liberty - 10-2

Frisco - 10-2

Frisco Lone Star(the best Frisco team) - 9-3

Frisco Wakeland(knocked out Highland Park) - 9-3

Frisco ISD will probably sweep district 5 unless Timberview knocks one of them off. If we can win the district we'll play from the same position College Station did last year, meaning we wouldn't possibly see a district champion until the third round. I've charted us something like this; 1st round - Mckinney North/John Tyler, 2nd round - Frisco, 3rd round - Longview 

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

Frisco ISD schools alone last year:

Frisco Liberty - 10-2

Frisco - 10-2

Frisco Lone Star(the best Frisco team) - 9-3

Frisco Wakeland(knocked out Highland Park) - 9-3

Frisco ISD will probably sweep district 5 unless Timberview knocks one of them off. If we can win the district we'll play from the same position College Station did last year, meaning we wouldn't possibly see a district champion until the third round. I've charted us something like this; 1st round - Mckinney North/John Tyler, 2nd round - Frisco, 3rd round - Longview 

That still feels more doable than Region III. 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

Region II is sooooooo much easier than Region III we dodge Manvel, College Station, Buda Hays, Georgetown, Angleton, Friendswood, and A&M Consolidated. 

We have the Frisco Lonestar, Mansfield Timber view, Lufkin, and Lancaster

I really don't know whos good in region II. 

Longview is better than all those region 2 teams you named. Lufkin has the name but they are not a top tier program at the moment. They are 29-15 in the last 4 seasons, 10-11 in the last 2. Lonestar lost their stud QB so lets see how they do. Timeberview is going to be a really tough out. And Lancaster has not produced in the playoffs lately. They have made it past the 2nd round once in the last 4 seasons. Frisco high is going to be a team to keep an out for. They run a wing-t or slot-t type offense. Liberty Hill-ish but better athletes but they are not as precise. 

1 minute ago, aledoalumni said:

Longview is better than all those region 2 teams you named. Lufkin has the name but they are not a top tier program at the moment. They are 29-15 in the last 4 seasons, 10-11 in the last 2. Lonestar lost their stud QB so lets see how they do. Timeberview is going to be a really tough out. And Lancaster has not produced in the playoffs lately. They have made it past the 2nd round once in the last 4 seasons. 

Yea but no Aledo or Denton Ryan in this region... Although one of those two likely sitting there waiting in the Semis for whoever wins this region. 

No College Station or Manvel either. I'll take it. 

Just now, Cougtalk said:

Yea but no Aledo or Denton Ryan in this region... Although one of those two likely sitting there waiting in the Semis for whoever wins this region. 

Fair points. But R2 is going to be tough depending on the draw. It will be plenty of competition for yall. 

6 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Yep...I wouldn't worry about Longview...not much talent and they are pretty slow...Crosby should have no problem in R2