WEST ORANGE-STARK 2022

WOSdrummer99

After talking to a coach yesterday that left WOS after the new hire of the head coach I predict WOS football program will start their decline next year and definitely the next year an thereafter. What I was told about the way everything went down is pretty disturbing and disgusting. There decisions will come back to haunt them. 

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

After talking to a coach yesterday that left WOS after the new hire of the head coach I predict WOS football program will start their decline next year and definitely the next year an thereafter. What I was told about the way everything went down is pretty disturbing and disgusting. There decisions will come back to haunt them. 

Elaborate 

49 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Let me just say this…..everything Woke turns to 💩 an that’s what is going to happen over the few years with that program.

So are you saying the hiring of a black man as the head coach is due to “wokeness” and that the current hire is not qualified? 

I disagree and think Coach Hickman is doing a great job so far.  He is no Coach T but he never claim to be.  He is surrounding himself with a lot of energetic coaches and it really impacting our kids.  I am excited about the future of our program.  Coach Hickman is putting a lot of energy to our school right now.  My big concern right now is inside the walls of the school.  Our principals have to get the school under control.  Right now we been acting like a fool and kids that continue to disturb the school are continuing to be allowed to ruin education for everyone.  The principals have to start suspending kids and holding us parents accountable.  Right now the only thing the Sup care about is kids coming to school for the money.  Some of these kids don't belong here and are just getting passed through.  

4 minutes ago, Jack of All Trades said:

I disagree and think Coach Hickman is doing a great job so far.  He is no Coach T but he never claim to be.  He is surrounding himself with a lot of energetic coaches and it really impacting our kids.  I am excited about the future of our program.  Coach Hickman is putting a lot of energy to our school right now.  My big concern right now is inside the walls of the school.  Our principals have to get the school under control.  Right now we been acting like a fool and kids that continue to disturb the school are continuing to be allowed to ruin education for everyone.  The principals have to start suspending kids and holding us parents accountable.  Right now the only thing the Sup care about is kids coming to school for the money.  Some of these kids don't belong here and are just getting passed through.  

I agree with this 112%.

Kids and schools are the first priority. 

Nothing but love for the coaches that left. Without them we wouldn't be where we are today. Good or bad.

Other than a questionable DC hire. He is putting together a decent supporting cast. We'll know more once they hit the field in the fall. Nederland's up for the challenge in the first game. Could be a repeat of the last time CT was absent.

43 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So are you saying the hiring of a black man as the head coach is due to “wokeness” and that the current hire is not qualified? 

There were some racial components to the way things went. I am not saying that…the Coach that left told me that. The guy is a solid character guy. I’ve known him for over 30 years. He was pretty pissed but I think he ended up in a better situation.

3 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

There were some racial components to the way things went. I am not saying that…the Coach that left told me that. The guy is a solid character guy. I’ve known him for over 30 years. He was pretty pissed but I think he ended up in a better situation.

You do know that Coach T recommended Hickman for the job?

40 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Out of all the prospects he could've recommended. He did. T has always been able to spot talent. Brought in many coaches to learn from his knowledge and experience. H must be a quick study. Says alot about a man that can earn the respect of his boss to carry on the traditions set by 40+ years of hard work building the winningest program in the great state of Texas.

Mustangs 112%

Last year... this year... and beyond. Get used to to it if you haven't already.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I agree with this 112%.

Kids and schools are the first priority. 

Nothing but love for the coaches that left. Without them we wouldn't be where we are today. Good or bad.

Other than a questionable DC hire. He is putting together a decent supporting cast. We'll know more once they hit the field in the fall. Nederland's up for the challenge in the first game. Could be a repeat of the last time CT was absent.

I think that's what we're all kinda curious about.  A "decent supporting cast" and a first time head coach to replace a Hall of Famer?  It's gonna be miraculous if there's not a letdown.  I expect a lot more of what we saw when CT was sick this past fall... hope I'm wrong. 

One things is for sure... we're all gonna know a lot more in a little over four months.  

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I'm not sure this guy knows anything. He talks like a man with a wooden neck. I've talked to some folk in the "loop" also and not getting anything about this imminent decline. Gonna do what most decent folk would do, give this guy a chance.

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

No Sir, the coach didn’t hear it he lived it but actually he’s in a better situation now so believe what you want. 

What I’m saying is whatever knowledge you have is from what you heard, not what you saw or experienced. Hence, “You know what you heard.” As far as believing what I want, you haven’t supplied any details to your innuendo, so there’s nothing to believe. 

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

What I’m saying is whatever knowledge you have is from what you heard, not what you saw or experienced. Hence, “You know what you heard.” As far as believing what I want, you haven’t supplied any details to your innuendo, so there’s nothing to believe. 

Like I said this Coach is of strong character that I’ve known for 30 plus years. At this point in the situation I see no reason for him to lie to me. It all worked out for the best for him and his family. I’ve already had one poster who has said they were well aware of the way things went down private message me from this board an validate my post. An no I will not supply any details. Just sit back an watch what happens. Have a nice day. 

41 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Like I said this Coach is of strong character that I’ve known for 30 plus years. At this point in the situation I see no reason for him to lie to me. It all worked out for the best for him and his family. I’ve already had one poster who has said they were well aware of the way things went down private message me from this board an validate my post. An no I will not supply any details. Just sit back an watch what happens. Have a nice day. 

I’m not insinuating his character is lacking. You’re just hearing from one man’s point of view, however. Once again, you know what you heard. Have a nice day as well. 

13 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not insinuating his character is lacking. You’re just hearing from one man’s point of view, however. Once again, you know what you heard. Have a nice day as well. 

Bingo.  I don't know this coach, don't know unwoke, don't know the relationship they have.  But one guy telling another guy something and then that guy putting it online doesn't necessarily have anything to do with facts.  The coach could've been 100% truthful, could've been mostly truthful but shaded things to support his own narrative or viewpoint, could be a little butthurt and is misrepresenting things to make himself out to be a victim, or any other number of scenarios.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Bingo.  I don't know this coach, don't know unwoke, don't know the relationship they have.  But one guy telling another guy something and then that guy putting it online doesn't necessarily have anything to do with facts.  The coach could've been 100% truthful, could've been mostly truthful but shaded things to support his own narrative or viewpoint, could be a little butthurt and is misrepresenting things to make himself out to be a victim, or any other number of scenarios.  

in today's society?

no way that happens....