WEST ORANGE-STARK 2022

WOSdrummer99

13 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Smh. I think it’s funny that kids that leave WOS is always looked down upon. He would have just walked the halls of WOS and might not had a chance to go to college. Just think if WOS actually tried to get those kids walking the halls and develop them.  That’s the biggest complaint I’ve heard about Ct and one the reasons why  people wanted him to go is because of the mustang mile. I’ve heard it from several fans that y’all are always small in the trenches and no depth. 

He was definitely not looked down upon until he decided to leave his brothers…I wasn’t even referring to that though,I was referencing that WOS won state in 2016 so no help was needed,everybody did their part to finish the job!!

13 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Smh. I think it’s funny that kids that leave WOS is always looked down upon. He would have just walked the halls of WOS and might not had a chance to go to college. Just think if WOS actually tried to get those kids walking the halls and develop them.  That’s the biggest complaint I’ve heard about Ct and one the reasons why  people wanted him to go is because of the mustang mile. I’ve heard it from several fans that y’all are always small in the trenches and no depth. 

Sma. I think it's funny that someone from LC-M is giving advice to WO-S about what they should and shouldn't do. I was talking to a WO-S ex just yesterday and the Mustang mile came up. He said sure it was a beast, but that was why they are running in the 4th quarter, not jogging.  No doubt the Bears had a great season in 2021 but since you were born full grown last year you don't have a clue. If they would take off the gloves and quit worrying about the Joneses, whom they cannot beat with or without recruiting, they might be competitive every year instead of every ten.

45 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I figured that. I’m gonna laugh when the new coach drops the Mustang mile time limit. 

That wouldn’t be anything to laugh about,when we lose the 4th quarter to LiCkeM’ …now that might deserve a laugh from the folks that said I told y’all so..I don’t foresee him changing really anything for at least a few years though!

1 minute ago, wo-s#1 said:

That wouldn’t be anything to laugh about,when we lose the 4th quarter to LiCkeM’ …now that might deserve a laugh from the folks that said I told y’all so..I don’t foresee him changing really anything for at least a few years though!

Did you get the whole Lickem  from Cardinal backer? I got something that goes with that but I’d probably get booted out of  here lol

4 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I don’t really know where I heard it first,probably is from him…he loves to use it.Don’t worry about getting booted let’s hear what you got.

I can tell you I’m ready for the season to start. LCM pre district is weak other than WOS. I’m ready to see that WOS vs Jasper game it seems it always gets cancelled. 

3 hours ago, mat said:

I'll never question CT's proven methods including the Mustang mile. However, their are other successful methods out there. Hickman and Peevey get to prove theirs.

The Mustang Mile is a part of  WO-Ss successful tradition and I'd keep every part of that tradition entact that I could.  Peeveys already proved he's a winner

On 2/12/2022 at 9:04 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Hey, Man!   That's mine!

On 2/10/2022 at 10:31 PM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

The mustang Mile started way before CT became head coach.

1 minute ago, ladybug33 said:

I thought the schedule was already set. Woodville would be different, are the 3A?

I think we've been scrimmage png. Now we get them in predistrict. So replacing that scrimmage with Woodville seems like a step down for sure. This is what I've seen so far.

Woodville scrimmage
1- Nederland
2- lcm
3- png
4- newton
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-

On 2/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

The Mustang Mile is a part of  WO-Ss successful tradition and I'd keep every part of that tradition entact that I could.  Peeveys already proved he's a winner

I agree. Keep intact! Should be kept. I know that whenever my son's college team shows back up in August for team practices, they are not allowed to begin practicing with the team until they pass a conditioning test which is divided up by positions. Each position has a time to be under for various runs, gassers, and mile. Weight room so many reps of 185lbs (QB's/WR/DB's) or 225lbs (RBS/LBS/Line) depending on position. You are not allowed to practice until you pass. Being in shape prevents fatigue which helps prevent injuries. All about protecting the athletes. Those who move on will appreciate the conditioning learned in their HS programs and be prepared. Those who haven't experienced it in HS and get the chance to move on will be shocked.

1 hour ago, Raider24 said:

I agree. Keep intact! Should be kept. I know that whenever my son's college team shows back up in August for team practices, they are not allowed to begin practicing with the team until they pass a conditioning test which is divided up by positions. Each position has a time to be under for various runs, gassers, and mile. Weight room so many reps of 185lbs (QB's/WR/DB's) or 225lbs (RBS/LBS/Line) depending on position. You are not allowed to practice until you pass. Being in shape prevents fatigue which helps prevent injuries. All about protecting the athletes. Those who move on will appreciate the conditioning learned in their HS programs and be prepared. Those who haven't experienced it in HS and get the chance to move on will be shocked.

To my knowledge WOS doesn’t have it divided into positions. But that makes sense