WEST ORANGE-STARK 2022

WOSdrummer99

On 1/28/2022 at 10:58 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Seriously, I predict that big changes are in store.  I think that the defense will not be the elite unit that it has been.  Still good, but not in those "best in the state" conversations.   The offense has had room for improvement for years.  I predict 2nd or 3rd in District behind Silsbee and possibly a surprise by HF or BC.  I think that year two (2023) will really tell the tale.  Those seniors will only have been sophomores under CT.

WOS doesn't realize how good they've had it coaching-wise, and I've got a bad feeling that they're about to get a big taste of what the rest of us have dealt with over the years.  We all saw what happened when CT missed a game.  And it's not just play-calling... it's the ability to get that intensity in the offseason, two-a-days, practices, and the weight room.  There aren't a lot of Dan Rays and CTs walking around.  On-the-job training isn't any fun when you have 5000 supervisors in the stands behind you.  I hope I'm wrong.... it's a lot more fun when y'all are dominating. 

You will be learning the concept of "Jimmy's/Joes vs Xs/Os". WOS coaches are fully competent. Expect WOS to carry on. 

19 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Based on the district picking up Jasper, I think WOS is gonna have their hands full. I picked them to finish 2 or 3. Is it possible for WOS to finish 4th? I doubt it. 

Will somebody please place a Muttley laugh here.  I don't know how.  The only place WOS can't finish is last.  Bridge City has a 50 year lease on that.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They always do. Back ups and freshman who can't finish the mile

You know the mile thing is great but it was around 2016 we ended up WOS transfer and he was good ol. He was 6’3  300lbs went to Kilgore to play football. I think he could have helped yalls Ol size in the state championship game. 

9 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Didn’t need his help in 2016

Smh. I think it’s funny that kids that leave WOS is always looked down upon. He would have just walked the halls of WOS and might not had a chance to go to college. Just think if WOS actually tried to get those kids walking the halls and develop them.  That’s the biggest complaint I’ve heard about Ct and one the reasons why  people wanted him to go is because of the mustang mile. I’ve heard it from several fans that y’all are always small in the trenches and no depth. 

6 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Smh. I think it’s funny that kids that leave WOS is always looked down upon. He would have just walked the halls of WOS and might not had a chance to go to college. Just think if WOS actually tried to get those kids walking the halls and develop them.  That’s the biggest complaint I’ve heard about Ct and one the reasons why  people wanted him to go is because of the mustang mile. I’ve heard it from several fans that y’all are always small in the trenches and no depth. 

Good way to weed out the weak. If you don’t have the self motivation to get your body in shape ,you are just wasting the coaches time. 

15 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Good way to weed out the weak. If you don’t have the self motivation to get your body in shape ,you are just wasting the coaches time. 

Yeah that’s one way to look at it or try to help the weak to be strong and a upstanding citizen thats been having a troubled path. It’s easy to ride the career of athletic kids. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

59 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yeah that’s one way to look at it or try to help the weak to be strong and a upstanding citizen thats been having a troubled path. It’s easy to ride the career of athletic kids. 

Both good points. 

16 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They always do. Back ups and freshman who can't finish the mile

I've always heard about the mustang mile, but don't know the specifics. Does each position group have a time that they have to finish the mile under? Or is it one blanket time that the whole team has to finish under?