WEST ORANGE-STARK 2022

WOSdrummer99

Alright, let's get it started now.

How are we gonna look next season? New HC and at least a new OC. Anyone on staff getting a promotion? I'd love to see DPG continue with our RBs. Obviously we're not switching to slot t mafia. Always have athletes returning in key positions. Looking for Mallet to make an impact as a sophomore RB. And the QB has some much needed experience under his belt. They did just face the eventual state champion and hopefully see the level of play it takes to reach the top.

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Alright, let's get it started now.

How are we gonna look next season? New HC and at least a new OC. Anyone on staff getting a promotion? I'd love to see DPG continue with our RBs. Obviously we're not switching to slot t mafia. Always have athletes returning in key positions. Looking for Mallet to make an impact as a sophomore RB. And the QB has some much needed experience under his belt. They did just face the eventual state champion and hopefully see the level of play it takes to reach the top.

The OC hire kinda surprised me.  

Wishing the best for Hickman. But play calling and adjustment will have to be made inorder to compete with the likes of carthage.hoping for the best. And I'm so glad we can finally move on. I've never seen anything like I've been witnessing in my life here.ppl just pointing the finger and just going against each other.and for whatever reason everyone wants to go to FB with. Hopefully we all can just get back to just football.

11 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I hear it’s the same schedule. Ct suppose to have already did the pre district schedule  

Might have and Xtra non district game since orangefield is dropping down to 3a that unless the uil puts jasper in the district we will know everything February 3 at 9am !!!

Seriously, I predict that big changes are in store.  I think that the defense will not be the elite unit that it has been.  Still good, but not in those "best in the state" conversations.   The offense has had room for improvement for years.  I predict 2nd or 3rd in District behind Silsbee and possibly a surprise by HF or BC.  I think that year two (2023) will really tell the tale.  Those seniors will only have been sophomores under CT.

WOS doesn't realize how good they've had it coaching-wise, and I've got a bad feeling that they're about to get a big taste of what the rest of us have dealt with over the years.  We all saw what happened when CT missed a game.  And it's not just play-calling... it's the ability to get that intensity in the offseason, two-a-days, practices, and the weight room.  There aren't a lot of Dan Rays and CTs walking around.  On-the-job training isn't any fun when you have 5000 supervisors in the stands behind you.  I hope I'm wrong.... it's a lot more fun when y'all are dominating. 

4 hours ago, dj said:

Wishing the best for Hickman. But play calling and adjustment will have to be made inorder to compete with the likes of carthage.hoping for the best. And I'm so glad we can finally move on. I've never seen anything like I've been witnessing in my life here.ppl just pointing the finger and just going against each other.and for whatever reason everyone wants to go to FB with. Hopefully we all can just get back to just football.

It's un-necessary too. The brand is still WOS, and they will play with purpose and meaning. If someone is not a Mustang they will not get it or understand it. "The Pursuit". If a school can't win district or have not been to a playoff game, they will not get the meaning. Do not feel bad for WOS we will be right there in everybody's grill come next fall, and all this B.S. will be flushed. Just venting a little my friend lol.

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I didn't know he was from LCM. Makes sense. He was recently our OL coach before leaving last season for PA Memorial Co-Offensive Coordinator/ Offensive Line.

Yes sir, LCM grad. His sister was heck of a softball player. Won a state championship with her pitching. I believe she went on to play at LSU

19 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I didn't know he was from LCM. Makes sense. He was recently our OL coach before leaving last season for PA Memorial Co-Offensive Coordinator/ Offensive Line.

That's the 3rd OL coach/Co-Offensive Coordinator that has left PA after 1yr since this new regime if my memory is correct. After the 2018 season Coach Bass left for Tarkington HC job before landing at West Brook, I forgot who took over for him. The kids seemed to really like Coach Trahan, hope he does great things there as OC. 

7 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Just thought he would have picked someone that wasn't a former WOS coach before. Maybe a more experienced coordinator from  a different school. Nothing towards Trahan. I’m sure he will do a good job. I’m sure there is reason why Hickman picked him. 

Oh Okay, I do not know much about coach Trahan, I hope he works out. Hope he is a student of the game and will bring something new to our offense at WOS.

36 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Oh Okay, I do not know much about coach Trahan, I hope he works out. Hope he is a student of the game and will bring something new to our offense at WOS.

Well he was a co offensive Cordinator at  port Arthur this past season. Was with WOS for awhile before that. We will see if he brings more of a Titan offense. 

58 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Well he was a co offensive Cordinator at  port Arthur this past season. Was with WOS for awhile before that. We will see if he brings more of a Titan offense

That could be good if he has a Jah'mar Sanders clone at QB running the show or it could be meh if the playbook isn't opened up.......or both. 🤷🏾‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That could be good if he has a Jah'mar Sanders clone at QB running the show or it could be meh if the playbook isn't opened up.......or both. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think if they will run a few different plays then the past offense they will be happy: WOS offense was pretty predictable