Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

18 hours ago, Reagan said:

Win a state Championship and they have nothing to worry about.   Why pay big bucks for something less?  Their goal is a State Title every year.  So why shouldn't it be everyone else?!  How do you react when a contractor is, or someone that works for you, doesn't do what's expected?  One should be like 95% of all people and find someone else!  Sometimes we need to connect the dots.  

He could be an excellent craftsman with great tools but if you insist on supplying inferior materials  then don't expect the Taj Mahal

From KFDM:

PN-G ISD superintendent Dr. Mike Gonzales confirms that Jeff Joseph is the finalist for the head football coach/athletic coordinator position. The school board will meet Monday night to approve the hire. Joseph is currently the special teams coordinator and he coaches defense at Southlake Carroll Sr. High School in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist
24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From KFDM:

PN-G ISD superintendent Dr. Mike Gonzales confirms that Jeff Joseph is the finalist for the head football coach/athletic coordinator position. The school board will meet Monday night to approve the hire. Joseph is currently the special teams coordinator and he coaches defense at Southlake Carroll Sr. High School in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Any head coaching/ AD exp.?

34 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From KFDM:

I may be asking for info you don’t have, but any idea what they like him for? As in, what’s the reason to be excited about this guy? He has a shorter resume than Faircloth did coming in. Which isn’t to say I am unhappy with this pick. But if we’re going to run Faircloth out of town I’d hope it was for an obviously better choice, at least. If the board won’t keep him, we can at least give him the respect of getting someone better than him. 

6 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I may be asking for info you don’t have, but any idea what they like him for? As in, what’s the reason to be excited about this guy? He has a shorter resume than Faircloth did coming in. Which isn’t to say I am unhappy with this pick. But if we’re going to run Faircloth out of town I’d hope it was for an obviously better choice, at least. If the board won’t keep him, we can at least give him the respect of getting someone better than him. 

He is Gary Joseph's son.  Head Coach for Katy.   That is my guess as to what they like about him.  Otherwise, replacing Faircloth with a special teams coordinator will be a tough one to explain by the supt.  and by TD himself.  

2 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

He is Gary Joseph's son.  Head Coach for Katy.   That is my guess as to what they like about him.  Otherwise, replacing Faircloth with a special teams coordinator will be a tough one to explain by the supt.  and by TD himself.  

He also works for Dodge’s son at SLC. I’m sure Todd Dodge knows him well.  

Proud PN-G alumnus...let's rally...support the new hire and give him an opportunity to be successful.  I'm disappointed that PN-GISD parted ways with Coach Faircloth.  What's done is done.  Time to support the new leader of the Tribe, Coach Joseph.  Let's not nit-pik him to death before he puts on a purple shirt.  Give him shot.  No "For Sale" signs in his yard when he makes a wrong call.  Make him feel welcomed to our Tribe.  That's part of our commitment to Honor, Pride, and Tradition.  We carry those core values with us after Pre-K through 12th grade.  Welcome Coach Joseph.  Honor, Pride, and Tradition.  Go Indians.  Peace.

Yes, I know the fans/alums of Nederland, PAISD, and others laugh at the culture of PN-G.  I get it.  But, we are who we are.  Peace.

Someone help me out. He was the defensive coordinator at Magnolia West for 3 years, then I can’t find anything. Then he shows up as defensive coach of South lake for the 2021 season. Where was he coaching in between. 

Hope all the Indian faithful give him a chance. They have a chance to be good in Region 3 for the next couple years. 

3 minutes ago, Pot Stirrer said:

Someone help me out. He was the defensive coordinator at Magnolia West for 3 years, then I can’t find anything. Then he shows up as defensive coach of South lake for the 2021 season. Where was he coaching in between. 

Hope all the Indian faithful give him a chance. They have a chance to be good in Region 3 for the next couple years. 

Worked in the private sector for a business in some capacity. 

6 minutes ago, outanup said:

Down to the wire between Flanagan and Joseph…….I believe Joseph may have worked for TD at some point….He’s left coaching before but came back….. Time will tell, good luck to the injuns

I was thinking the same. If these were the two finalist.. I would have a hard time picking a person with no AD/HC experience/who got out of coaching/was a DC for a short time/and a position coach currently over the long list of Flanagan's accomplishments.... WOW.... But it is what it is.... again its all about who you know... 

Congratulations Coach Joseph and good luck to the Indians!!