22 3A

Hawks18

Guest mrtomcat
On 12/26/2021 at 1:42 PM, Hawks18 said:

Who do y’all think will be the top teams in 22-3A this coming year?

You mean for the 2022 season?  TBD because the new districts have not been released yet - Will Hardin come back to 22-3A or will they stay where they are?  If they stay to the west, Warren and Buna should be the favorites to win 22-3A in my opinion

On 12/27/2021 at 2:25 PM, mrtomcat said:

You mean for the 2022 season?  TBD because the new districts have not been released yet - Will Hardin come back to 22-3A or will they stay where they are?  If they stay to the west, Warren and Buna should be the favorites to win 22-3A in my opinion

With Shepherd dropping down to 3A. I can see them moving Hardin back into 22-3A and also Orangefield as well 

Guest mrtomcat
20 hours ago, Cougar Den said:

With Shepherd dropping down to 3A. I can see them moving Hardin back into 22-3A and also Orangefield as well 

I didnt know that.  I dont know what they will do then, because that sounds like Hardin and Shepherd would stay to the WEST district (so OF would drop into the current 22-3a ?  If Hardin goes into 22-3a - it doesn't matter who is in that district, they have won the last 19 of 20 district championships in volleyball, but i dont think they will join 22-3a now that you made that point about OF and Shpeherd

11 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

I didnt know that.  I dont know what they will do then, because that sounds like Hardin and Shepherd would stay to the WEST district (so OF would drop into the current 22-3a ?  If Hardin goes into 22-3a - it doesn't matter who is in that district, they have won the last 19 of 20 district championships in volleyball, but i dont think they will join 22-3a now that you made that point about OF and Shpeherd

With Orangefield & Shepherd dropping down to 3A,  I see  22-3A  getting both Orangefield & Hardin  back in the district ,  Shepherd will go to 23-3A . Also with Corrigan Camden dropping down to 2A I see Woodville & Newton going back to 21-3A .  

21-3A

Central Heights

Diboll

Hemphill

Huntington

Newton

Woodville

22-3A

Anahuac

Buna

East Chambers 

Hardin

Kirbyville

Kountze

Orangefield 

Warren

23-3A

Anderson-Shiro

Coldspring

New Waverly 

Onalaska

Shepherd

Tarkington 

Trinity 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrtomcat
On 1/13/2022 at 9:22 AM, aTmfan06 said:

Hardin will probably be the usual team eligible to go to at least regionals. After that the odds are pretty slim unless something drastically changes. This is pretty much the case for all of the SETX area 1A-6A

I wonder why that is the case.  Why cant other teams advance........from setx besides barbers hill and hardin

On 1/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, Hawks18 said:

From what I’ve seen the schools in the hill country and Austin area are on a comply different level than the schools in the area. 

Because they play club ball in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, etc. The schools that do well are really close to those metropolitan areas and play on some good club teams.  Sometimes, club teammates will recruit each other to play for their school, which isn't exactly fair but that's life. 

Hardin & Liberty have a couple or three that play club and they are good, but they don't play/practice in Houston against bigger teams.  Of course, they play big tournaments in Houston, San Antonio, etc and they do decently but never manage to do better than top 5-8.  One team with local players did finish 3rd at the DFW International in Plano. 

22 hours ago, highsky said:

Because they play club ball in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, etc. The schools that do well are really close to those metropolitan areas and play on some good club teams.  Sometimes, club teammates will recruit each other to play for their school, which isn't exactly fair but that's life. 

Hardin & Liberty have a couple or three that play club and they are good, but they don't play/practice in Houston against bigger teams.  Of course, they play big tournaments in Houston, San Antonio, etc and they do decently but never manage to do better than top 5-8.  One team with local players did finish 3rd at the DFW International in Plano. 

Well said. I know with Bellville most of their players play select volleyball from 4th or 5th grade through 12th with teams made up mostly of Bellville players.

Guest mrtomcat
On 1/18/2022 at 9:30 AM, highsky said:

so you're telling me that 3 or 4 girls from hardin play travel ball ?  and where did liberty come into play ?  liberty hasn't won a playoff volleyball game as long as i have been paying attention.  i'm talking about hardin, who is 3a and has one of the worst athletic resume's of any team in 3a in all of texas, but yet they win in VOLLEYBALL every year.  Why?  dont tell me athleticism because you cant get more unathletic than hardin.  dont tell me coaching because they start winning in 7th grade and never stop winning.  yes, i'm bitter about it.  i want to know how 

18 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

so you're telling me that 3 or 4 girls from hardin play travel ball ?  and where did liberty come into play ?  liberty hasn't won a playoff volleyball game as long as i have been paying attention.  i'm talking about hardin, who is 3a and has one of the worst athletic resume's of any team in 3a in all of texas, but yet they win in VOLLEYBALL every year.  Why?  dont tell me athleticism because you cant get more unathletic than hardin.  dont tell me coaching because they start winning in 7th grade and never stop winning.  yes, i'm bitter about it.  i want to know how 

Side note on Liberty. They went 3 rounds deep season before last

Guest mrtomcat
44 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Side note on Liberty. They went 3 rounds deep season before last

i didnt know this.  our sup used to coach in liberty back in the late 80's i think

On 1/19/2022 at 3:36 PM, mrtomcat said:

Well, if Hardin is unathletic, then it must be the coaching.  If it's not the coaching, then Hardin must be more athletic than you assume.  Both can't be bad at the same time, unless you say that somehow Hardin must be cheating. 

Hardin has a very good program.  Their head coach is fully invested at all levels, including junior high to the point where she is even there during the JH athletic periods.  Not all HS coaches do that so it speaks to Hardin's success.  

Guest mrtomcat
19 hours ago, highsky said:

Well, if Hardin is unathletic, then it must be the coaching.  If it's not the coaching, then Hardin must be more athletic than you assume.  Both can't be bad at the same time, unless you say that somehow Hardin must be cheating. 

Hardin has a very good program.  Their head coach is fully invested at all levels, including junior high to the point where she is even there during the JH athletic periods.  Not all HS coaches do that so it speaks to Hardin's success.  

well hats off to her.  it just makes no sense to me why they are the only school in southeast texas to do what they are doing for the last 25 years.  thats what i am getting at.  i know for a fact that several other schools have as much as athleticism and good coaching but do not produce

3 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

well hats off to her.  it just makes no sense to me why they are the only school in southeast texas to do what they are doing for the last 25 years.  thats what i am getting at.  i know for a fact that several other schools have as much as athleticism and good coaching but do not produce

In my opinion there is a difference between a good volleyball coach and a great one, good athletes and good coaches will only get you so far but if you don’t know the fundamentals and proper mechanics you will not compete past district. That’s the difference with Hardin their coach knows what she’s doing! 

On 1/14/2022 at 9:37 AM, mrtomcat said:

I wonder why that is the case.  Why cant other teams advance........from setx besides barbers hill and hardin

It's all about how many kids play club volleyball.  The same is true with Huffman.. and Tarkington (once upon a time).  That's it.  How many setx schools have girls that play volleyball most of the year? Hardin is one of them from what I hear.

Guest mrtomcat
4 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

It's all about how many kids play club volleyball.  The same is true with Huffman.. and Tarkington (once upon a time).  That's it.  How many setx schools have girls that play volleyball most of the year? Hardin is one of them from what I hear.

so club volleyball has been prevelant for 6-8 years or so?  and what about the 18 years prior to that ?  thats kind of what I am getting at here

Guest mrtomcat

i dont know exactly how long its been, it seems like 25 years hardin has been winning at volleyball and i can't wrap my head around it when they get destroyed in all other sports

49 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

i dont know exactly how long its been, it seems like 25 years hardin has been winning at volleyball and i can't wrap my head around it when they get destroyed in all other sports

They have had some decent basketball teams to. But it’s possible to be really good at one sport and meh at the rest. Hell Kountze did it with basketball for a while lol

Guest mrtomcat
2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

They have had some decent basketball teams to. But it’s possible to be really good at one sport and meh at the rest. Hell Kountze did it with basketball for a while lol

good point