West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

17 minutes ago, dj said:

I'm sorry I don't believe he would be a gud fit.he is a nice guy and all.but they showed what we have the first game of the season!! They were totally lost without CT. Need someone to come in that will take it back to basics.blocking and tackling.and getting them mentally prepared to play.and everything else will take care of itself.

That’s not true. 

They need to prioritize the elimination of hurtful words and traditions while promoting coaches and players from traditionally marginalized communities. The wrongs of the past must be righted and this is a start. 

Diversity is strength. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I could be wrong , just going from my not so good memory .Wasn't Pierce the defensive coordinator at one time  ?

Yes he has been the DC.

From @WOSgrad's 2021 preview...

COACHING

Head Coach: Cornel Thompson

Assistant Coaches: Mike Pierce (Defensive Coordinator), Ed Dyer (Offensive Coordinator), Hiawatha Hickman (Defensive Line), Taran Hebert (Defensive Ends), Phillip Mattingly (Wide Receivers), DePauldrick Garrett (Running backs), Russell Bottley (Wide Receivers), Terry Joe Ramsey (Quarterbacks)

Whatever happens they need to keep the system in place. Over the years my buddy Mavis (RIP my friend) was involved with the youth programs and he would always keep me informed of the upcoming teams and players to watch for.  He'd say watch out we got one coming and I would say how old is he? Mave told me oh, he's in the fifth grade.  Sure enough there he came or there came those teams. These kids are evidently groomed early to be Mustangs.  I'm confident the new HC will be another good one.

5 hours ago, dj said:

I'm sorry I don't believe he would be a gud fit.he is a nice guy and all.but they showed what we have the first game of the season!! They were totally lost without CT. Need someone to come in that will take it back to basics.blocking and tackling.and getting them mentally prepared to play.and everything else will take care of itself.

Good points. Please try to ignore the the riffraff who always has negative comments about our players, and community especially when they are not Silver and Blue.😉

17 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Good points. Please try to ignore the the riffraff who always has negative comments about our players, and community especially when they are not Silver and Blue.😉

I will. It's funny they have no idea what goes on. Or have they ever played there.outsiders with an opinion that's all. I just wish CT could've gave us 2 more yrs to transition to a new coach.i think that way the younger generation coming up would be somewhat use to a new system.

14 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

And make no mistake, that element is out there whether it stems from jealousy of WOS success, tired of hearing about WOS or maybe their team has never ever beaten WOS, who knows? Who cares?

31 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I sure do,been here my entire life 

Maybe so #1 but do you really believe that all the ties and connections that the players have at WOS including tradition will jump ship to LCM just because of their coach... hum remains to be seen. They have a relationship with the coach who is there already at WOS. I believe they will give him a chance if he is chosen. Even though I do not live in Orange anymore, I have very strong ties to people who work in the district, and family on the team even though I do not talk about them too much. No one is jumping ship, to LCM as of yet or NOT.

All this talk about WOS jumping ship is kinda mind boggling to me. WOS hasn’t even hired their coach yet. I will say there will be kids that will choose to play for Peevey and there will be a lot more that will transfer in from other schools other than WOS. Peevey is a great coach and will get kids offers. Stays on top of the kids grades and is fun to be be around. He’s a highly motivated and positive guy. If LCM gets the bond that is being talked about 100 yd in door practice facility, turf all fields and stadium, it will be the nicest in the area. I just don’t know if the people will vote for it.  

29 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

All this talk about WOS jumping ship is kinda mind boggling to me. WOS hasn’t even hired their coach yet. I will say there will be kids that will choose to play for Peevey and there will be a lot more that will transfer in from other schools other than WOS. Peevey is a great coach and will get kids offers. Stays on top of the kids grades and is fun to be be around. He’s a highly motivated and positive guy. If LCM gets the bond that is being talked about 100 yd in door practice facility, turf all fields and stadium, it will be the nicest in the area. I just don’t know if the people will vote for it.  

Agree the talk about players going to LCM is really silly after one year of success. My Nephew played for WB under Peevy and one cousin who is still there #44, I have heard good and not so good about his coaching at WB. Getting players to buy in is the key. I hope you guys do get your bond passed all schools should have nice facilities to play in.  The sooner WOS makes their announcement the sooner the gossip and wishful thinking can STOP about who will be HC next year.

20 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Agree the talk about players going to LCM is really silly after one year of success. My Nephew played for WB under Peevy and one cousin who is still there #44, I have heard good and not so good about his coaching at WB. Getting players to buy in is the key. I hope you guys do get your bond passed all schools should have nice facilities to play in.  The sooner WOS makes their announcement the sooner the gossip and wishful thinking can STOP about who will be HC next year.

LCM open enrollment is also not free so some people will have to pay or move in the district. I really havnt heard any thing bad about peevy yet. I know some coaches don’t care to work for him because he makes them coach more then 1 sport. He’s way better then Crouch he holds the coaching staff and kids accountable. I don’t see why Orange can’t just have two good ball teams in the same town. We don’t even  play in the same district in football. I enjoyed watching both of them and rooting for them in the playoffs. Heck how many towns in Texas the size of Orange had two teams go 4 rounds? If you combined those two schools this year we would have played yesterday!!!!

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Maybe so #1 but do you really believe that all the ties and connections that the players have at WOS including tradition will jump ship to LCM just because of their coach... hum remains to be seen. They have a relationship with the coach who is there already at WOS. I believe they will give him a chance if he is chosen. Even though I do not live in Orange anymore, I have very strong ties to people who work in the district, and family on the team even though I do not talk about them too much. No one is jumping ship, to LCM as of yet or NOT.

I dont think anyone is jumping yet. I just think that, if the right choice isn't made, it could very well happen.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED