Crosby vs Liberty Hill - Predictions

Cougtalk

3 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

I could be wrong but LH Slot-T looks a lil bit more predictable this year. Maybe the false start penalties made them run it a lil slower against AH. #21 seems to be the guy for them this year. Just from the one game I watched I think last years team was better across the board. Still got to stop the Slot-T tho. AH had experience with Slot-T teams and still couldn't get the job done.

Saw a sign in the crowd last night that read “Slot-T Mafia!” Lol

7 minutes ago, Socrates said:

You have to know that LH kids have probably waited all year for a shot at redemption/revenge for the way last year ended for them. Crosby will need to play a clean game and execute in all three phases to move on. Go Coogs!!!

So did Texas High. 

15 minutes ago, Socrates said:

You have to know that LH kids have probably waited all year for a shot at redemption/revenge for the way last year ended for them. Crosby will need to play a clean game and execute in all three phases to move on. Go Coogs!!!

Well, we’ve waited all year to play for another state championship. 

31 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, we’ve waited all year to play for another state championship. 

all the doubters telling these boys can't beat X, won't be as good as last year. Two games and they can show they are even better than last year. Gotta finish the Job. 

Last year’s game was an instant classic.  Both Crosby and Liberty Hill had heavy losses on the offensive side of the ball after last season.  Didn’t seem likely that we would see the same matchup in Round 5.  Obviously both teams were able to reload, so here we go again.  The faces may have changed, but I expect the same type of game as last year.  

25 minutes ago, BlackShirts5 said:

Is this where they played last year.  If so man i was hoping a different field.  Parking sucked. Lol

Yep same place. I will have to agree that parking was a complete cluster F% and the bathroom situation was ridiculous. The line for the bathroom was about 60-70 people deep at halftime because they are so small. Other than those two things I really enjoyed the stadium. 

• PhatMack19 changed the title to Crosby vs Liberty Hill - Predictions

Just need for the Crosby D to stay at home.  Success of the Slot T is based on the D getting out of position going for the fakes.  Nail the DE’s & LB’s feet to their spot, it’s all over for LH.  But…. Based on their troubles with Vidor, that won’t happen, so it’ll be a slugfest like last year.  Still, I think the Cougs are to good to lose this one.  Big Red Rolls.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:15 PM, ScubaSteve said:

I’m already nervous about this game, truthfully I was nervous about it three weeks ago, I kept watching the LH scoreboard. Crosby’s offense better get it going and we need time of possession on our side too. Can you imagine what our coaches are going through this week?  Tums anyone…

I'm not near as nervous as last year. Last year I thought we had virtually no chance of stopping them, that offense was a machine. They're just not as potent this year. I also have more confidence in our new DC this year, Coach Poth would've called a shutout in a regional final if our dbs would get their heads around to the ball. I don't think we're better in the front seven than last year but I do think we have more of an advantage in general than last year. We actually did pretty well against their offense early on before they started throwing it on us which is what I would imaging they're working on this week too. 

On the offensive side of the ball I think our coaches are licking their chops. LH's defense isn't just bad, it's pretty awful. Their offense is their best defense. If Rouse or AH had any type of running game they would've both dropped 50+ on LH. I think Jones and Myles are going to have all types of space to run in and you can look at the passing numbers against them the last couple of weeks and see their dbs/scheme are very conducive to actually covering people. Long as we play clean I don't think LH's defense is going to have much success against us at all. Plus, time after time it's being proven that our coaching staff is better than what's across the field from them. 

Yea, Crosby forced 3 and outs on the first two LH drives last year.  We thought Slot-T was going nowhere.  Then came the wide open TD passes on the next two drives.  Crosby seemed to be unsure on defense after that, and then LH was able to have much success on the ground. Not many stops after that and the shootout was on.

I think LH has some good players on defense, so I wouldn’t call them awful. Crosby has great coaching so I think they will be ready for this game.  Having played them last year will benefit for sure.  

This should be a very entertaining game.  It won’t be easy, but I expect the Cougars to get the W. 

Get there early cause it will be a full house and the parking sucks. 

Well, it’s no secret what Liberty Hill’s offense is going to do, it’s just a matter of stopping it. MaxPreps has them 9 for 27 with 190 yards passing all year, but rushing for over 5,000 yards.  I just hope the coaches have a game plan to stop them. 

• Bigdog locked this topic