Zach Evans

44 minutes ago, JohnMellencamp said:

He ran for 600 yds his sophomore year (at TCU) after being a 5 star recruit. Not saying he can’t go where he wants but I wouldn’t exactly call that living up to expectations.

Not like he was the only one getting carries 🤷🏾‍♂️

7 hours ago, KB24 said:

I think that’s in the mind of many. Judging the kid by what happened in high school. What people fail to realize majority of situations is a two way street. But no one wants to see that. 

Facts. That's why the thread was started. 

3 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

The coaches I know at North Shore say he's a real good kid. He just needs to mature a little. When he does, he's as good as they come.

They should've did that when they recruited him over from Sheldon as far as HS goes. He's been okay at TCU. 

22 hours ago, JohnMellencamp said:

I can’t be the only person that thinks this guys a bust right? 

No there are others including myself. He had lots of issues at the premiere or one of the premiere schools in Texas. Then you had the long recruiting of him and his decision. He may end up as the greatest running back in the NFL, and i hope he does well, BUT there is a lot of smoke with this young man. I thought he and the Demas wide receiver at A M from Forest Brook or Tomball or footwork king had common attributes. Great athletes not great team players, who were given tremendous value too early that went to their psychological profile. There are so many great athletes at d-1 college ( let alone the NFL which is what some in social media were guaranteeing about both) work ethic usually comes into play and I believe from what I’ve seen, read and heard from their coaches, that is their question mark, work ethic on and off the field. 

14 hours ago, wbfan said:

I noticed nobody in this thread has mentioned he made The Big 12 All-Academic team. I wonder why?

Maybe we did not know. Most people on a sports forum tend to talk only about the sports side. Do you think there is another reason?

Congratulations to him and all of the other athletes for taking care of their business in the classroom.

15 hours ago, wbfan said:

I noticed nobody in this thread has mentioned he made The Big 12 All-Academic team. I wonder why?

I think this is important as it shows work off the field. Again I hope that he has solved any questions about his character and he achieves all that he desires. One thing we need to be careful of, INCLUDING ME, is to carefully judge that transfer portal. Just because someone is in it isn't an arrow against that person. If i was in his situation with TCU unknowing of coaching, I would probably go into the portal also.

18 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Maybe we did not know. Most people on a sports forum tend to talk only about the sports side. Do you think there is another reason?

Congratulations to him and all of the other athletes for taking care of their business in the classroom.

Of course he does. It's the way of the world these days. Forget the fact that Zach was sent home the night before a highly anticipated state championship rematch in the premier state for high school football in the nation, or that he was suspended earlier in the same season for behavioral issues. He is clearly being targeted for "some other reason".