Down goes Aledo!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

I got no dog in the 5A D2 fight, but I want to see SOC win just to see a big city ISD win a title. They clearly have the talent, but still have to do it for three more games.

If only Aledo hadn't played that weak non-district schedule...

Watching them play they remind me of that Lancaster team that got to state and lost to Cedar Park years ago, but one big difference is SOC got a better QB in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Watching them play they remind me of that Lancaster team that got to state and lost to Cedar Park years ago, but one big difference is SOC got a better QB in my opinion. 

People keep tip toeing around it but what I saw today was Aledo get outcoached. Yeah, SOC’s athletes looked twice as good as Aledo’s but they mash teams like that by 40 on a regular basis. Jason Todd is a Reginald Samples disciple and SOC looked like Skyline-lite today. SOC’s talent level vs the rest of the 7 teams left in the 5A-D2 playoffs is unreal. 

14 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

People keep tip toeing around it but what I saw today was Aledo get outcoached. Yeah, SOC’s athletes looked twice as good as Aledo’s but they mash teams like that by 40 on a regular basis. Jason Todd is a Reginald Samples disciple and SOC looked like Skyline-lite today. SOC’s talent level vs the rest of the 7 teams left in the 5A-D2 playoffs is unreal. 

Hummmm, that's interesting.  Don't think I ever heard of Buchanan ever being accused of getting outcoached at Aledo!  

10 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Hmm. Played a 6A playoff team and a 5A D1 team ranked #5. Not sure what you are talking about. 

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be serious. That was a reference to when Barbers Hill beat FB Marshall in the first round and a Crosby fan said that it was because of Marshall's weak non-district schedule. 

On 11/26/2021 at 4:37 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

South Oak Cliff wins!!!!!!! 33-28!

Honestly this SOC game reminds me of the Cedar Hill game last year. Both SOC and CH were bigger and faster. Both were a battle in the trenches. Both had a future collegiate QBs that could make plays running and throwing. Both were up multiple scores on us. Both games at the end Aledo was in position to win but could not finish the fight.

On 11/27/2021 at 10:32 AM, aledoalumni said:

Yeah Idk about that. Do you have any specific instances? 

Biggest instance to me was the 4th and 8 call where Coach Todd went for it in SOC’s own territory down only one point but still had like 8 mins left in the game. You punt that 10 out of 10 times but it ended up being the call that led to the game winning TD for SOC. 

Another thing is why did they keep putting Allen in the wildcat? It was t nearly as effective as just handing Steffens the ball, especially if you weren’t setting up play-action off of it. You run it late and he slips down putting you in 4th and short, then you send the qb under center in the most crucial situation of the season knowing there’s a good chance the exchange gets fumbled the way SOC was going to crash down at the snap. 

I thought SOC’s staff did a better job of getting the matchups they wanted on the outside. They literally had to pull little Allen off #11 after he beat him on that slat for a td and then again for like 50 yards on another catch. I didn’t think SOC had anybody that matchup up well with Llewelyn and Aledo’s staff never got him the ball. 

Obviously SOC was bigger, faster and more talented than Aledo but I thought the difference in this one was SOC looked like they had Coach Todd’s mentor, Reginald Samples, on the sideline. 

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Biggest instance to me was the 4th and 8 call where Coach Todd went for it in SOC’s own territory down only one point but still had like 8 mins left in the game. You punt that 10 out of 10 times but it ended up being the call that led to the game winning TD for SOC. --- That was a terrible call. If they dont get that I think Aledo wins the game!

Another thing is why did they keep putting Allen in the wildcat? It was t nearly as effective as just handing Steffens the ball, especially if you weren’t setting up play-action off of it. You run it late and he slips down putting you in 4th and short, then you send the qb under center in the most crucial situation of the season knowing there’s a good chance the exchange gets fumbled the way SOC was going to crash down at the snap. -- They had to give #26 a break! Kid needed breathers and #7 is a great athlete.  Historically Aledo goes under center in the Raider formation when everything is on the line in short yardage. Aledo practices that every week and the QB gets reps going under center. No problem at all with that decision. 

I thought SOC’s staff did a better job of getting the matchups they wanted on the outside. They literally had to pull little Allen off #11 after he beat him on that slat for a td and then again for like 50 yards on another catch. I didn’t think SOC had anybody that matchup up well with Llewelyn and Aledo’s staff never got him the ball. --- I also thought it was odd we did not involve #89 more but Aledo has never used a TE properly. 

Obviously SOC was bigger, faster and more talented than Aledo but I thought the difference in this one was SOC looked like they had Coach Todd’s mentor, Reginald Samples, on the sideline. --- The game plan was working fine. Aledo just did not execute like normal.  

Reply in the post I quoted. 

On 11/26/2021 at 4:37 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

South Oak Cliff wins!!!!!!! 33-28!

They beatdown Lovejoy today. Final was 42-21 but LJ scored 14 on SOC backups to make the score more respectable. I dont see anyone beating them. They win these next two weeks by multiple scores. People will wish Aledo would have slayed that monster lol. 

34 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

They beatdown Lovejoy today. Final was 42-21 but LJ scored 14 on SOC backups to make the score more respectable. I dont see anyone beating them. They win these next two weeks by multiple scores. People will wish Aledo would have slayed that monster lol. 

We shall see. 

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

Lovejoy is a good team but didn’t have personnel that could win matchups offensively and their defense isn’t very good at all, especially on 3rd and 4th down it wasn’t. They played 10 yards off SOC’s receivers and consistently gave up chunk plays. They don’t have a very good rb and their qb can’t get away from pressure like ours would be able to. They’re probably going to have trouble with LCP’s defense next week. 

28 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lovejoy is a good team but didn’t have personnel that could win matchups offensively and their defense isn’t very good at all, especially on 3rd and 4th down it wasn’t. They played 10 yards off SOC’s receivers and consistently gave up chunk plays. They don’t have a very good rb and their qb can’t get away from pressure like ours would be able to. They’re probably going to have trouble with LCP’s defense next week. 

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. El cucuy is coming. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:10 PM, panamamyers said:

Oak Cliff - that's my hood - put it in they face - get this %&$@ understood

SOC lost by what two TDs to Duncanville for their lone loss of the season.  Hardly call this one much of an upset.

If we are healthy we are playing this week. But yeah that is a dope song. All of DDD will show up next week. 3rd largest crowd??? Behind the 6A games. 

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

Dang…that’s more impressive!

He’s allowed to talk all the Smack he wants without any repercussions! Lol

If they keep working hard they’ll be as Good as Crosby!😁

You knew crosby faithful would be on here after Aledo's loss.  Guess bench press season is over, time to post again 😂