Liberty

PlayActionPass

Totally off topic, but the proposal for the hospital district improvements, etc was destined to fail for lots of reasons. Here's an informative post from facebook, from a person in Dayton. Not sure where the article he mentions is located. Take it for what you will.

Okay, I have read the somewhat misleading article about the proposed new hospital. Now to set the type and the record straight, the proposed hospital will be built in Liberty with a “token” clinic built in Dayton.
Years ago, Liberty decided it wanted a hospital district. The first attempt pitted the Liberty-Hardin-Devers-Hull and Daisetta areas against the Dayton area comprised of Dayton ISD. The hospital district was voted down.
But the district proponents were not done. This second time they reduced the Dayton vote to what was then only the defined city limits of Dayton - in other words, they gerrymandered the vote to get the results they wanted. This time, of course, Dayton was outvoted.
As everyone is well aware, the Dayton area has far surpassed Liberty in its growth. The expected growth of Dayton will soon dwarf the other areas, other than Dayton, served by the district.
Personally, I have several questions:
1. Was there any attempts to get a donation of land in Dayton for the proposed hospital? With a hospital being built in Dayton and Liberty already having a hospital, the new clinic wouldn’t be necessary, saving money.
2. Will the passage of the proposal in any way hinder the ability of Dayton to have its own hospital which could also share in the funding provided by district funds?
3. Who were the citizens of Dayton that were on the district board that were involved in coming up with this proposal?
4. The article said the land had already been donated and paid for. Wasn’t that a little presumptuous? Just like the last time, what’s the hurry all of a sudden?
5. Much has been made about Liberty being the county seat, but it only requires a petition by the majority of voters within the county to petition for moving the county seat. Can you imagine what could happen if just the Dayton-Cleveland areas decided that a county seat needed to be more accessible to the more populous area of the county? There wouldn’t have to be any gerrymandering to make it happen.
It is for these reasons i will be voting no for the proposition.

2 hours ago, dayton said:

Totally off topic, but the proposal for the hospital district improvements, etc was destined to fail for lots of reasons. Here's an informative post from facebook, from a person in Dayton. Not sure where the article he mentions is located. Take it for what you will.

Okay, I have read the somewhat misleading article about the proposed new hospital. Now to set the type and the record straight, the proposed hospital will be built in Liberty with a “token” clinic built in Dayton.
Years ago, Liberty decided it wanted a hospital district. The first attempt pitted the Liberty-Hardin-Devers-Hull and Daisetta areas against the Dayton area comprised of Dayton ISD. The hospital district was voted down.
But the district proponents were not done. This second time they reduced the Dayton vote to what was then only the defined city limits of Dayton - in other words, they gerrymandered the vote to get the results they wanted. This time, of course, Dayton was outvoted.
As everyone is well aware, the Dayton area has far surpassed Liberty in its growth. The expected growth of Dayton will soon dwarf the other areas, other than Dayton, served by the district.
Personally, I have several questions:
1. Was there any attempts to get a donation of land in Dayton for the proposed hospital? With a hospital being built in Dayton and Liberty already having a hospital, the new clinic wouldn’t be necessary, saving money.
2. Will the passage of the proposal in any way hinder the ability of Dayton to have its own hospital which could also share in the funding provided by district funds?
3. Who were the citizens of Dayton that were on the district board that were involved in coming up with this proposal?
4. The article said the land had already been donated and paid for. Wasn’t that a little presumptuous? Just like the last time, what’s the hurry all of a sudden?
5. Much has been made about Liberty being the county seat, but it only requires a petition by the majority of voters within the county to petition for moving the county seat. Can you imagine what could happen if just the Dayton-Cleveland areas decided that a county seat needed to be more accessible to the more populous area of the county? There wouldn’t have to be any gerrymandering to make it happen.
It is for these reasons i will be voting no for the proposition.

Also makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Go-rilla said:

Let me just ask a question. If you were in a car wreck and had your choice of where the ambulance driver could take you are you going to ask to be driven to Dayton or Liberty?

Go ahead and drive me to Houston!!! I can hold out.

Cleveland is much closer to Kingwood.. which has a nice hospital.  

10 minutes ago, 05Panther52 said:

Both the biggest reason for a better hospital to be on the east side of the river compared to the band aid station we have now

I used to live in Liberty. It’s nice little town. Im still going there 3 or 4 times a week for sports. It wouldn’t nice if the city could start getting some new houses going up like the next door neighbor. 

2 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I used to live in Liberty. It’s nice little town. Im still going there 3 or 4 times a week for sports. It wouldn’t nice if the city could start getting some new houses going up like the next door neighbor. 

Yes and no....biggest reason why they can't is due to all the flooding 

3 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Anything east of the hill that Dayton sits on floods bad.

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, sooner said:

This is what I was wondering as well.  You look at that schedule and you question, where do we come away victorious? 

By all accounts, I've heard there is a ton of excitement around this hire. Everyone seems to have taken to him and is optimistic about the future with Lackey at the helm. We will see I guess, but I wouldn't bury Liberty yet. There are athletes in that area. If he can get them to come out, stay out of trouble, and buy into his program, he may be successful. I expect WOS to take a downturn, so maybe that helps also. 

On 1/28/2022 at 8:05 AM, Go-rilla said:

Let me just ask a question. If you were in a car wreck and had your choice of where the ambulance driver could take you are you going to ask to be driven to Dayton or Liberty?

Go ahead and drive me to Houston!!! I can hold out.

I got knocked out during a football game in Huffman.  Coach takes me in his girlfriend's car to Dayton Hospital - it was closed! Went on to Liberty and stayed for xrays and such.  The good ol 80's.

33 minutes ago, sooner said:

There is certainly alot of excitement brewing with this hire.  We just dont have a lot of athletes in the highschool currently.  We do have some good hard working kids however.  I expect us to compete no matter who the opponent is.

Athletes are still around the area, Liberty just needs to figure out how to get them to come out and play football. The same families of the athletes from years  are still there and they're still having kids. Lackey needs to put in call to Anthony Chambers and to Reggie White and capitalize work they're already doing with the youth in the area. Having guys like that running Summer conditioning training and hanging around the program will do nothing but increase the profile and make more kids want to play football for Liberty. The avenues are there for Liberty to return to credibility. 

• 2 weeks later...