Lamar basketball

MikelSR

6 minutes ago, snakehead26 said:

Well two more losses since I last posted.  Overall record of 6-15.

Record since Alvin Brooks took over  8-42

Ten more games left this season maybe two look like Lamar would be favored to win.

So I've heard great things about him, but the cards are significantly worse than when Tic Price was coaching.  What's the threshold here before he's gone.  Price went 10-18 his last season, but had run off four straight winning seasons before that.  There's not a Lamar basketball fan out there that wouldn't trade this season and last for two 10-18 seasons.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:31 PM, bullets13 said:

So I've heard great things about him, but the cards are significantly worse than when Tic Price was coaching.  What's the threshold here before he's gone.  Price went 10-18 his last season, but had run off four straight winning seasons before that.  There's not a Lamar basketball fan out there that wouldn't trade this season and last for two 10-18 seasons.

The 1st season isn’t all on him in my opinion… 

losing jordyn adams this year was unexpected and hurt big time

I would give him two more years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 1:31 PM, bullets13 said:

I am with you on this. Brooks simply is not head coaching material. Time to cut our losses with him and start fresh.

• 3 weeks later...

The down side of the portal is already showing up for Lamar this off-season. Reigning Southland Freshman of the Year Nate Calmese, who averaged 17.6 points per game, entered his name into the portal. Fellow freshman Yuto Yamanouchi-Williams, a 6-foot-10 center, said Monday that he will also enter the portal. 

Jason Thirdkill and Trey Harris said Tuesday that they'll hit the portal, too. 

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

The down side of the portal is already showing up for Lamar this off-season. Reigning Southland Freshman of the Year Nate Calmese, who averaged 17.6 points per game, entered his name into the portal. Fellow freshman Yuto Yamanouchi-Williams, a 6-foot-10 center, said Monday that he will also enter the portal. 

Jason Thirdkill and Trey Harris said Tuesday that they'll hit the portal, too. 

This is the hidden content, please

Thirdkill is the toughest loss of the 4 imo.  Harris was a walk on who played very little.  Calmese was the top scorer and on paper the biggest loss.  Definitely wish him well.  But there were plenty of issues there.  And Yamanouchi was the beneficiary of attrition.  4th best big on the roster after adding Janko (who also was promptly injured).  With all healthy, he would struggle to get minutes. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/15/2023 at 11:38 AM, TxHoops said:

Thirdkill is the toughest loss of the 4 imo.  Harris was a walk on who played very little.  Calmese was the top scorer and on paper the biggest loss.  Definitely wish him well.  But there were plenty of issues there.  And Yamanouchi was the beneficiary of attrition.  4th best big on the roster after adding Janko (who also was promptly injured).  With all healthy, he would struggle to get minutes. 

Couldn’t agree more

Good ole nil

Brooks has picked up some good ones hopefully it translates to wins.