Lamar basketball

MikelSR

14 hours ago, no-look said:

Saw where Braelon Bush is in the transfer portal. Be a good fit at Lamar? 

I think Bush would be a great fit. Any team would love to have his microwave scoring ability and no-fear attitude.

I listened to an interview with Coach Holloway at St. Peter's this morning and he said the #1 key to getting the program to where it is today was to recruit local kids. I looks like there are 5 SETX kids on Lamar's roster, so I think Coach Brooks has it moving in the right direction. I know there isn't enough talent around here each year to fill out a 12 man roster, but a team made up of guys just from along the I-10 corridor from Houston to Baton Rouge would be pretty damn salty. 

5 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

I think Bush would be a great fit. Any team would love to have his microwave scoring ability and no-fear attitude.

I listened to an interview with Coach Holloway at St. Peter's this morning and he said the #1 key to getting the program to where it is today was to recruit local kids. I looks like there are 5 SETX kids on Lamar's roster, so I think Coach Brooks has it moving in the right direction. I know there isn't enough talent around here each year to fill out a 12 man roster, but a team made up of guys just from along the I-10 corridor from Houston to Baton Rouge would be pretty damn salty. 

I think you're right. That would get more butts in the seats, too. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Coach Brooks is adding some major pieces. Got a commitment from

a juco all American PG earlier this week and will be announcing one from

a 6-8 all American wing who is a terror on both ends of the court shortly.  In addition, should have another commit from another PG, filling the team’s biggest need.  

Yeah figured they would be heavy in the juco… gotta find some Big man and could be better days for Lamar basketball 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Been following the announcements of recruits all day, looks like LU was putting in WORK on the recruiting trail. 💪🏾

Saw where they offered Dotson.  Smart move to do so early, although I kinda think his ceiling might end up being a little higher than the cards.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:02 PM, spidersal said:

I certainly hope that Brooks gets the Cards back, however don’t look for it to be a hurry 

Agree. While things may look good on paper I want to see some on court results before I will be a believer.  We've heard things are about to get better for the last 25 years in a row now.  Of course, at this point it would be hard to go any direction but up.