Tyler Chapel Hill vs. Vidor (Bi-District)

piratevillain

Tyler Chapel Hill 7-3 (3-3) will face off against the Vidor Pirates 8-1 (4-1) in Humble at Turner Stadium on Friday, November 12th at 7 PM. 

The one common opponent they have is Livingston which CH defeated in week two by a score of 35-15 and which Vidor also defeated a few weeks ago 40-7. One thing that comes off interesting to me, is that all three of the Bulldogs losses were to the other 9-4A-I playoff teams. All of them were pretty much blowouts besides the Palestine game. 

What are your thoughts, predictions, or what do you expect come Friday night?

Vidor is the perennial underdog I cheer for, therefore I’ve come to like them. A few weeks ago Vidor supporters were complaining that they weren’t ranked after the body of work they had put in to date. I commented in that DCTF rankings thread that they shouldn’t be worried about the rankings and instead focus on how they’re going to matchup with the east Texas district at the line of scrimmage in the first and potentially third rounds. 

Well, here we are. Vidor is in a situation where a bi-district win probably gets you three playoff games. Riordan was 2-0 against the slot-t at Crosby and has some horses up there at TCH. I’m cheering for both teams in this one albeit for different reasons, good luck to the Pirates. 

9 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Tyler Chapel Hill 7-3 (3-3) will face off against the Vidor Pirates 8-1 (4-1) in Humble at Turner Stadium on Friday, November 12th at 7 PM. 

The one common opponent they have is Livingston which CH defeated in week two by a score of 35-15 and which Vidor also defeated a few weeks ago 40-7. One thing that comes off interesting to me, is that all three of the Bulldogs losses were to the other 9-4A-I playoff teams. All of them were pretty much blowouts besides the Palestine game. 

What are your thoughts, predictions, or what do you expect come Friday night?

Getting blown out by Kilgore & Lindale is no big disgrace.  CH brings a lot to the table.  Based on stats in MaxPreps, their offense is almost exactly 50-50 between the run and pass.  Makes defending them even tougher.  QB can run also.  They’ll be a handful on offense.  As usual, Vidor’s best defense is keeping the ball on long, time consuming scoring drives.  If Vidor can do that, Pirates should win, but this ain’t your usual 4th place seed.  Probably one of the top three in the State.  So Pirates, buckle up your chin straps and cinch up your pads.  This is what you’ve worked for all year.  Don’t let Chapel Hill take it away.

This is a tough matchup for the pirates chapel hill is a well coached football team that will be ready. They have plenty of athletes that can take it to the house on any play, this is going to be tough for the young pirate secondary. This game will be all about ball control and not getting behind. If Vidor can pull this one out round 2 matchup should be much easier with a game probaly against kilgore in the 3rd round, Vidor has proved to always fight to the end good luck guys go get a victory

If Vidor was back at 100%, I’d be looking forward to meeting Kilgore in the third round, with a realistic chance at winning.  As is, young Pirates will have to man up.  If we get by CH, odds are we’ll meet Kilgore in third round.  C’mon Pirates, win this one.  Posters in other district already talking about a sweep.  Show’em what you got.

The Pirates will be well prepared and I know they're watching extra film this week. I know we will be able to move the ball, we've been able to all year. The secondary seems to be suspect every few weeks so I have no clue what's popping out of that toaster Friday! 😂 All I know is that vanilla coverage with a single high safety ain't gonna work, and we gotta dial up a blitz ever so often just to keep their offensive line guessing cause they're gonna double #99 no matter what.

3 hours ago, Raider24 said:

I believe we will score. Their offense runs a lot of multiple sets but same plays to give different look and stretch the defense. Be disciplined and maintain responsibilities. Will be a high scoring game! 

Y'all will definitely be able to move the ball and stretch Lindale and their defense out. Defensive wise, their QB can sling it and has the ball out of his hands quick so it's hard to get pressure on him. Lumberton's D just has to keep the ball in front of them and try not to give up the big play.

Can’t imagine the Pirates not being up for this game, but with all the subs, we’ll need a 110% out of everyone.

One common opponent, Livingston.  Here you have to realize the situation at the time.  They beat Livingston 35-15, but the Lions still had their stud QB.  Vidor beat them 40-7 and the Lions without their QB.  Even here, Vidor had 40 at the end of the 3rd Qtr, so Matthews played Subs in the fourth.  Based on all that, it’s hard to get a significant handle on who might have the advantage.

I’d love to hear from @Lions Pride 2021 or anyone who might have seen both teams play, and get their take on this matchup.

Vidor needs to play a clean game (cut down on penalties, tackle better, etc.) and can't fall behind by multiple scores.  TCH lines up in shotgun, RB in the back-field and multiple WR's split out wide.  Counters, traps, jet sweeps and jump balls.  TCH has multiple guys that are capable of breaking a tackle and taking it in for 6.  Defensively TCH is big up front and can be worn down in the later quarters. 

20 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Can’t imagine the Pirates not being up for this game, but with all the subs, we’ll need a 110% out of everyone.

One common opponent, Livingston.  Here you have to realize the situation at the time.  They beat Livingston 35-15, but the Lions still had their stud QB.  Vidor beat them 40-7 and the Lions without their QB.  Even here, Vidor had 40 at the end of the 3rd Qtr, so Matthews played Subs in the fourth.  Based on all that, it’s hard to get a significant handle on who might have the advantage.

I’d love to hear from @Lions Pride 2021 or anyone who might have seen both teams play, and get their take on this matchup.

TCH still had their qb (whom is no longer on the team) too. 

7 minutes ago, vp93 said:

TCH still had their qb (whom is no longer on the team) too. 

Basically, even though it’s a common opponent, it tells us nothing.  Still, would love to hear from someone who’s seen both teams.  I do think if Vidor can control the ball and stay close, we’ll own the fourth Qtr.

4 hours ago, vp93 said:

Yeah the same plan that Vidor has every week. Possess the ball eat clock, pound on them, and keep their offense on the sideline. 

A successful recipe for victory.  Hope Matthews refreshes the need not to fumble.  We give them a few turnovers and it’s basketball time.

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’d love to hear from @Lions Pride 2021 or anyone who might have seen both teams play, and get their take on 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I feel a lot better about Vidor after the second half against Lumberton because before that they played six quarters of very uninspired football. The second half last week shows that they may have found their rhythm again.

I think Seppy getting hurt vs HH was a hurdle they had to overcome mentally and it took that long to do so. 

53 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Exactly what I thought myself, it kinda took the wind out of the black pearls sails losing Seppy for the season. But to overcome the deficit they did against a great Lumberton team should give the Pirates alot of confidence and momentum going into the game Friday night.