Lumberton at Vidor

SmashMouth

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I remember when Sparky Robinson made All State in 64.  I heard he had to ask Lamar for a scholarship.  Lamar said sure, just didn’t think you’d be interested in coming here.  Vidor players really don’t get respect.  LB Bo Brown in the 80’s.  Played at Lamar as a walk-on.  Started at MLB.  Was finally given a scholarship.  Bull poopy.

I think alot of it has to do with the coaches getting the boys some exposure to scouts.

52 minutes ago, GronkIfYourHorne said:

First time going to Vidor's stadium this Friday. Taking the boy to watch, Any good tailgating spots or restaurants to try before the game Friday night? Our family isn't a real big cajun or mexican food fan..

Parking is tight, Vidor has some of the worst parking in the area for football which is odd considering they spen so many years as one of the biggest schools in the area. Only one worse in our district is Livingston.

35 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

I’m debating on going over to Vidor early to eat or not 🤦‍♀️

I'm going a bit early for parking purposes. Fridays are for concession stand food for me. Just hope next year ours gets back to normal although the funnel cakes last week were a nice surprise, said the diabetic who really shouldn't eat that stuff.😂

Just now, raideroldtimer said:

I can but I sound like I just ran a full marathon when I do. I have pulmonary fibrosis and I'm waiting to get a lung transplant. Spent most of last season in the hospital.

There is plenty of parking up front for people with disabilities and other medical issues.  Bring it to the attention of the people working the side entrances or even the front gate and they will get you a good spot.

1 minute ago, raideroldtimer said:

I can but I sound like I just ran a full marathon when I do. I have pulmonary fibrosis and I'm waiting to get a lung transplant. Spent most of last season in the hospital.

If you look on the visitor side Friday night on that platform at the end of the bleachers, you'll probably notice an old bald guy sitting on his walker watching the game. I'll be the one with the oxygen hose in his nose.🤪

8 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

If you look on the visitor side Friday night on that platform at the end of the bleachers, you'll probably notice an old bald guy sitting on his walker watching the game. I'll be the one with the oxygen hose in his nose.🤪

My eyes are good but not that good.  I'll be 6 hours away at the ranch getting ready to guide some hunters.

50 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

There is plenty of parking up front for people with disabilities and other medical issues.  Bring it to the attention of the people working the side entrances or even the front gate and they will get you a good spot.

Last time I brought it to the attention of the side gate people, near the visitors entrance gate, that I just wanted to drop off someone by the gate who was in a wheelchair & then I would go park elsewhere, I was told by a not so pleasant women with a Vidor Police Officer standing next to her to "...move that car now, or I'll  have it moved for you."  I obliged & parked at the back of the parking field, having to push my friend's wife all the way from the car to the stands.  As I passed the two lovely individuals who had spoken to me earlier, they had their backs turned to me.  However, I could not resist yelling out, "I appreciate all the help officer, you too M'aam."  I still love the atmosphere at Vidor.  I am sure these two individuals are not representative of all of the people in Vidor.  I have some very good friends there.

23 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Last time I brought it to the attention of the side gate people, near the visitors entrance gate, that I just wanted to drop off someone by the gate who was in a wheelchair & then I would go park elsewhere, I was told by a not so pleasant women with a Vidor Police Officer standing next to her to "...move that car now, or I'll  have it moved for you."  I obliged & parked at the back of the parking field, having to push my friend's wife all the way from the car to the stands.  As I passed the two lovely individuals who had spoken to me earlier, they had their backs turned to me.  However, I could not resist yelling out, "I appreciate all the help officer, you too M'aam."  I still love the atmosphere at Vidor.  I am sure these two individuals are not representative of all of the people in Vidor.  I have some very good friends there.

I have an idea of the lady cop but not of who may have been working the gate with her.  Sorry they treated you and party that way.  If it happens again, call their bluff and stay there till that person is inside the gate.  I promise you they will not do anything!  

3 hours ago, png9mon said:

I'm sorry to hear that, I don't understand why that officer wouldn't let you someone out right there with a wheelchair, she must of been on one. I would've been sarcastic too, trying to ask for help. I can't stand rude people like that. Glad you didn't let those few individuals make you think otherwise of Vidor. Anybody else would've gladly helped you out.

12 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Damn you know me! I love karaoke! You’ve seen my wife’s video’s! Too bad you can’t plaster my office this year!

I figured you should do something you enjoy because not sure how much fun it'll be for Lumberton fans at the game. 

9 minutes ago, vp93 said:

I figured you should do something you enjoy because not sure how much fun it'll be for Lumberton fans at the game. 

Difference is now we have a passing game! It ain’t just stop #24 like it was for 3 yrs! Babin and 97% rush is gone! Last time it was just stop 24. Now it’s stop 20, 2, 3, 15, 20, 9, 5, 21!