DCTF Week 10 State Rankings

Hagar

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Hi friends, how are yall. 

I bet we beat anyone outside of the top 4 in 5AD2, and we can give a game to those top 4 teams. 

You know Texas High wants nothing to do with us again this year. 

Montgomery doesn't want us. 

Once again we enter the post season with a belief that Fb Marshall vs Crosby in 3rd round will decide region 3.  

If Crosby lined up with FB Marshall tomorrow I think we would win by a bigger margin than we did last year. The offense is literally Ja'Koby Banks and nothing else. They were more dynamic last year and the qb was a better passer than Banks is. Banks is a certified track star but I don't think he's any different than lining up against Jamar Sanders. I think we would roll Texas High again this year too. Montgomery is the team that worries me because even though we could probably drop 60 on them they may be able to get clos to that on us too.  

20 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Hey why doesn't Vidor schedule Carthage? or WOS? Just wondering?

During the last realignment, Vidor did try to schedule Carthage but they turned them down and ended up scheduling LCM instead. I'm not exactly sure why Vidor/WOS doesn't schedule a real game, I think both coaches like it that way. But the scrimmage is played almost like real game though.

Just now, PirateNole984 said:

I'll take an educated guess (something you prob lack).  Not many teams want to scrimmage and or play a team like Vidor....why...their not going to see that style of offense during the season and an offense like Vidor's can take a toll on a defense, especially a defensive line.

Yeah that's why. You're too tough! 

So the statement is no other 4a teams play a wing-t? There are no good teams playing in districts with wing-t's? 

Just now, Cougtalk said:

Yeah that's why. You're too tough! 

So the statement is no other 4a teams play a wing-t? There are no good teams playing in districts with wing-t's? 

Again, that is something you'd need to ask the Vidor coaching staff.  I can give you the HC's number, if you'd like? He would have NO problem telling you the teams he trys to schedule and reasoning behind who does and does not want to play.

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

Vidor might not make the playoffs often or "go rounds" but it's satisfying humbling y'all. Too bad we aren't in 5A anymore.😟

Crosby beat the best slot-t team in the state last year to make it to the title game. Maybe losing to Vidor's slot-t the year before that helped us prepare? Good luck this season and hope y'all make it to state. We look like we're in good position to make it back to Dallas ourselves. There's no point in discussing Crosby vs Vidor games anymore really, communities are heading different directions so there's never a chance we would play y'all again. Congratulations, Vidor is 2-2 against Crosby and nobody can take that away from y'all. 

1 minute ago, Cougtalk said:

Sure did unlike Vidor we don't put cupcakes on our schedules, means you make mistakes you lose. Unlike Vidor's 5 non-district cupcakes. 

Also, you have to figure in the logistics of playing certain teams.  Is it worth it financially to travel certain distances?  Not all schools are like Crosby.  Vidor is not filthy rich like Crosby.  We can only hope and strive to reach the bar Crosby has set. Crosby's standards are high above the norm.  So high...teachers could not teach anymore and had to walkout some odd years back.

2 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Also, you have to figure in the logistics of playing certain teams.  Is it worth it financially to travel certain distances?  Not all schools are like Crosby.  Vidor is not filthy rich like Crosby.  We can only hope and strive to reach the bar Crosby has set. Crosby's standards are high above the norm.  So high...teachers could not teach anymore and had to walkout some odd years back.

Well, they're all back now. Luckily we were able to keep the $85M in new facilities that got us into that position in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby beat the best slot-t team in the state last year to make it to the title game. Maybe losing to Vidor's slot-t the year before that helped us prepare? Good luck this season and hope y'all make it to state. We look like we're in good position to make it back to Dallas ourselves. There's no point in discussing Crosby vs Vidor games anymore really, communities are heading different directions so there's never a chance we would play y'all again. Congratulations, Vidor is 2-2 against Crosby and nobody can take that away from y'all. 

I really do appreciate that. I know we give each other unwanted hell every once in awhile. But y'all did beat the best Slot T in the state with Liberty Hill, which is where Mathews goes to every few years to learn moe about the offense. But I wish y'all nothing but luck and success for the rest of the season to Crosby as well!

We (as in everyone on this site) sit back and wait for Crosby to open their mouth then we all "coo in". 

Good luck to yall, I don't think anyone above you in the rankings is particularly worried about ya. Don't sleep on Huffman or you won't stay ranked for long. 

2 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Good luck to yall, I don't think anyone above you in the rankings is particularly worried about ya. Don't sleep on Huffman or you won't stay ranked for long. 

No one in Vidor is losing sleep thinking about if anyone is worried about us or not.  We have not and will NOT claim to be able to beat everyone. Crosby is the one on here spouting off about how they can BEAT EVERYONE! 

I feel like someone needs to call the drainage dist. in Crosby.  Theres something in the water making their fans delusional. 

No one in Vidor is losing sleep thinking about if anyone is worried about us or not.  We have not and will NOT claim to be able to beat everyone. Crosby is the one on here spouting off about how they can BEAT EVERYONE! 

I feel like someone needs to call the drainage dist. in Crosby.  Theres something in the water making their fans delusional. 

I said we'd give the top 4 teams a good game. I think Ennis, Lovejoy and Aledo are scary good teams. I'm not as afraid of FB Marshall but we will get our chances versus them. 

If you ask FB Marshall you want to play Montgomery or Crosby if you have to choose one I'm pretty sure their going to take the team that they've never lost to. Not the team and coaching staff that just ended their playoff run last year. 

Saying we can beat teams 5-9 is not a crazy statement look what that Crosby team has done. They get better each week, they survived their yearly scare versus a district opponent and they believe they can win those games because of what they did last year. 

You also called us delusional before we beat a top 10 ranked teams in every game but round 1 all the way to the state title game last year. When you are successful expecting similar success is not delusion its expectation. We expect that there are 4 5AD2 teams we would not be the favorite against in the playoffs, we could throw up a dud and lose in an early round completely possible, but setting high expectations is not delusion well unless you've never been consistently successful.