Santa Fe vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

Really no need for a Crosby thread this week, or for that matter next week. As long as Crosby can squeak by Santa Fe we will play from the pole position in the district no matter what happens at Nederland next week. 

Prior to the season starting I said Crosby would be better next year than they will be this year. Main reason I said that is because of the talent in the classes coming up the next few years. The juniors like Myles and Womack will be the centerpieces for next year’s squad but if you’re a Crosby fan you should be excited to see the future on the field Friday night. Some of Crosby’s starters will not play and as such you’re going to see a bunch of sophomores and even freshman on the field for homecoming this Friday. 

List of underclassmen who will be playing Friday night(I think I’m missing at least one more sophomore and possibly another freshman):

Offense 

Kade Eudy(#13) - QB(10)

Levi Fontenot (#12) - RB(10)

Wesley Yarborough(?) - RB(9)

Levi Langley(#60) - OT(10)
*May be missing a sophomore offensive lineman here?

Defense 

Tyler LaRive(#25) - LB(10)

Jonah Griffen(#27) - LB(10)

Copelin Windfont(#42) - LB(9)

Brett Wright(#1) - DB(10)

Joel(Jojo) Peredes - DB(10)

I counted twelve of these kids during my pre-season research which is why I’m pretty sure I’m missing some? These are just the ones I know for sure off the top of my head who will be seeing extended minutes Friday night. There are no kids on the list strictly for size and athletic ability either, besides the two freshman everybody on the list has already produced on varsity this year in their giving reps. 

Just looked at Stepp’s DCTF video blog and decided to look at the app for whatever reason, I couldn’t help but to notice the #10 by Crosby’s name🤔 So you can go to the finals the previous year and not be ranked the following preseason but you can lose two games and be ranked six games later? If I didn’t know any better I might mistake that for respect.

*Vidor fans, take note  

31 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, it was nice knowing y'all then because if this is the game of the week 14.2 will be stroked out by the third quarter. 

Coach should work this game backwards. Start with 4 Th string then increase a string each quarter and have the starters begin the 4th quarter. That would be interesting 👍