Alec Baldwin

baddog

8 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I didn’t know that was in question.

I know that in criminal investigations you have to prove every point to determine if it is a crime. Saying “I know he did it” isn’t enough so tests are run. Sometimes it is just to confirm what is already known.

It probably wouldn’t have been had Baldwin not claimed that the gun mis-fired/was defective…etc. You wouldn’t believe how many times I have been relaxing in my chair, maybe tuning in an Astros game, and all of a sudden….BOOM….one of my guns went off in the safe. Those defective guns are such a nuisance.

Baldwin shot two people, killing one. Funny how a person’t mind deals with guilt. Typical Hollywood liberal blaming everyone but himself……including the gun. Maybe he could go after the gun manufacturer like Gavin Newsome’s legislation is permitting.

24 minutes ago, baddog said:

It probably wouldn’t have been had Baldwin not claimed that the gun mis-fired/was defective…etc. You wouldn’t believe how many times I have been relaxing in my chair, maybe tuning in an Astros game, and all of a sudden….BOOM….one of my guns went off in the safe. Those defective guns are such a nuisance.

Baldwin shot two people, killing one. Funny how a person’t mind deals with guilt. Typical Hollywood liberal blaming everyone but himself……including the gun. Maybe he could go after the gun manufacturer like Gavin Newsome’s legislation is permitting.

Maybe he should have taken his ass to Canada, like he said he was, after Trump was elected, and this would not have happened.  But wait, he probably couldn’t make the millions that he does without living in the good ol’ USA.  Truth be known, he was far more prosperous under Trump than any POTUS before him.  But, those pesky mean tweets.  Would you agree CardinalBacker?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/26/2021 at 10:38 AM, tvc184 said:

With the sequence of events, there is a lot of stuff that amazes me.

Even if you were going to use a prop gun to shoot at a range while not filming, why would a loaded firearm be brought back into the set? I have gone shooting hundreds of times. Except for a handgun that I am wearing in a holster for self-defense, they never even go back in my car loaded. All guns are unloaded and the action is open. It seems like some safety personnel including the so-called experts made some obviously horrible decisions. You don’t need to be an expert to follow basic safety protocols.

I can see maybe some criminal charges being filed against someone that brought a loaded gun and put it on the set as if it was an unloaded gun if it could be proven.

On 10/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, Big girl said:

On 10/25/2021 at 4:52 PM, Big girl said:

You are insane. Contrary to what you believe, that is not the protocol when an actor is on the set.

On 10/25/2021 at 4:48 PM, baddog said:

If someone hands me a gun and says it’s not loaded, I double check it myself. You’d have a whole different attitude had he shot your son or daughter.

”I didn’t know it was loaded”……oldest excuse in the book. He’s a POS so I’m not surprised that you would be on his side. Ever seen his phone call to his daughter?…..but Trump tweets are mean.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, tvc184 said:

NEWSFLASH: When making movies, people point guns at each other!! 

On 10/25/2021 at 9:43 PM, tvc184 said:

That is because a movie set is not the real world. There are a lot of things done in the movies that would not be acceptable in public. 

NEWSFLASH:

All charges against Alec Baldwin dropped. 

One of the rare occasions where Big girl agreed with me. :)

The DA could have saved a lot of money and time had they just consulted me first…. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 4:43 PM, Big girl said:

The person in charge of making sure the prop gun was safe told him it was a cold gun. It is not the actor's responsibility. 

I guess not.  

Alec Baldwin faces new indictment in 'Rust' movie set shooting

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

When I was a kid, or maybe a young teen, a friend of my dad's was at our house showing him a new shotgun. When I came in and was handed the gun for a look-see, I asked if the gun was loaded, and my dad replied, "I'm not going to tell you".  When I broke open the gun and checked for myself, (it wasn't loaded, btw), he proceeded to tell me to never ask if a gun is loaded, always check it for yourself.  I've never forgotten that lesson. 

13 hours ago, 1970 said:

When I was a kid, or maybe a young teen, a friend of my dad's was at our house showing him a new shotgun. When I came in and was handed the gun for a look-see, I asked if the gun was loaded, and my dad replied, "I'm not going to tell you".  When I broke open the gun and checked for myself, (it wasn't loaded, btw), he proceeded to tell me to never ask if a gun is loaded, always check it for yourself.  I've never forgotten that lesson. 

And that has what to do with this case? 

On 1/19/2024 at 5:53 PM, tvc184 said:

🤣🤣🤣

As they say, the DA could indict a ham sandwich…..

But it’s taken this DA almost 2.5 years to find another expert and angle to charge him. 

I have a feeling they get him for lying. He claims he didn't pull the trigger.......as you know, guns don't fire by themselves. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

And that has what to do with this case? 

I was just thinking out loud, actually.  But relative to him being charged with negligence, I think the DA has a good case against him, and Baldwin is grasping at straws. The fact is, he was the final link in the chain, and it was his responsibility to check the gun before firing it. Never take anyone's word for it, no he-said- she-said, it was his negligence that caused the death, in my way of thinking. 

41 minutes ago, 1970 said:

I was just thinking out loud, actually.  But relative to him being charged with negligence, I think the DA has a good case against him, and Baldwin is grasping at straws. The fact is, he was the final link in the chain, and it was his responsibility to check the gun before firing it. Never take anyone's word for it, no he-said- she-said, it was his negligence that caused the death, in my way of thinking. 

I think it’s the DA grasping at straws. Why does it take a local DA almost two years to come up with a negligence charge? This was not an issue of who the parties are. We know the victim, we know who pulled the trigger, where and when and have known it from the moment 911 was called.

So the DA goes to the grand jury with everything they have and gets an indictment, but then realizes it will never fly. Back to the drawing board to try to figure out another angle.

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

You mean on that television interview where he was trying to look good in public?

Apparently the FBI didn't think his explanation made him look that good.

From the article:

For months, actor Alec Baldwin has said that he did not pull the trigger of a gun that fatally shot a crew member while they were filming in New Mexico. But new forensic evidence may tell a different story.

The FBI recently finished and sent a report to the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office, which is handling the investigation. Officials found that the weapon, meant to be a prop, could not be fired without pulling the trigger.

25 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Apparently the FBI didn't think his explanation made him look that good.

From the article:

For months, actor Alec Baldwin has said that he did not pull the trigger of a gun that fatally shot a crew member while they were filming in New Mexico. But new forensic evidence may tell a different story.

The FBI recently finished and sent a report to the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office, which is handling the investigation. Officials found that the weapon, meant to be a prop, could not be fired without pulling the trigger.

But not looking good is not a crime.

I was answering Hippy when he said they might get him for lying. 

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

But not looking good is not a crime.

I was answering Hippy when he said they might get him for lying. 

But what are your thoughts on this, I understand it's a news article, but if true, the FBI seemed to be specifically looking to verify that the weapon couldn't be fired without pulling the trigger.  What would cause them to do this besides preparing to dispute claims made by Baldwin.

20 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

But what are your thoughts on this, I understand it's a news article, but if true, the FBI seemed to be specifically looking to verify that the weapon couldn't be fired without pulling the trigger.  What would cause them to do this besides preparing to dispute claims made by Baldwin.

I’m not positive, but I’m fairly certain that the FBI was not involved nor has any interest in this case except at the request of the state DA for a lab test. It isn’t a federal crime.

The DA is merely trying to cover all their bases.

It is obvious that Baldwin pulled the trigger. I have shot a few of those types of single action revolvers and they can have what people call a hair trigger. It is extremely easy on some firearms to fire the shot accidentally by merely touching the trigger. Been there, done that… with the muzzle being pointed in a safe direction.

So was it an accident and he didn’t intend to shoot? Does he think that he didn’t intentionally pull the trigger? Is he only lying to look more innocent in the public?

The DA wanted to know and/or prove that the weapon could not be fired by dropping it, bumping it, etc.

It depends on their state laws but in Texas as an example, merely pointing a firearm and someone ,even if you believe it is unloaded, is a crime. It is called Deadly Conduct.

I believe that the main question will come down to, did Baldwin know that he was holding a real firearm capable of firing real bullets or did he reasonably believe that it was a prop gun and could only fire blanks or not at all?

I have no idea how they will prosecute this case but I have seen some articles that suggested that the indictment was based partly on the fact that Baldwin hired a person who was unqualified to be the armorer. That may be true, however, does that make him culpable of a crime?

If a Chief Of Police hires a police officer and two months later the officer makes a horrible mistake and kills an innocent person, does the chief go to jail for murder? Suing the police department and the chief is understandable for negligent hiring or negligent retention. That is far different than charging the police chief with murder when he/she was no part of the incident.

Is it normal for actors to be handed a non-firing weapon by a person hired to do exactly that? Is it standard that the actor to always then inspect the gun and fake bullets to make sure there the armorer was correct (why hire an armorer then?) or do they trust the crew? 

It might be now a new rule but was it at that time? How many times was Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Robert Duvall, etc., given a gun that they didn’t check it?

I think people are making silly argument that, everybody that handles firearms knows that you always check it and never point somebody. That is completely true however, that is not a movie set which is basically all fake.

So beyond a reasonable doubt, did Baldwin know the he was handling a firearm (a non-firing item is not a firearm) or  maybe did he bring a real revolver onto the set and especially did he put it next to a prop gun? Then he perhaps saw a couple of guns and grabbed the wrong one? Yep, he might be guilty but I think that is the burden that the DA has to prove.