Livingston 7 Vidor 40/Final

AggiesAreWe

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The Pants are 2-0 this season???

Oh man with all the hoopla going on I forgot to check the pants status for the game. Anybody got an update on that, did we have gameday pants again tonight? I’m going to assume yes with it being Homecoming we had a very high class crowd tonight, these people came all the way from North Vidor to enjoy the game.

23 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Oh man with all the hoopla going on I forgot to check the pants status for the game. Anybody got an update on that, did we have gameday pants again tonight? I’m going to assume yes with it being Homecoming we had a very high class crowd tonight, these people came all the way from North Vidor to enjoy the game.

He wore pants again last night. Is that 2-0 now?

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

He wore pants again last night. Is that 2-0 now?

I’m pretty sure that’s correct.  Not only is Vidor winning games but the Coach has become the “go to guy” in fashion circles, and perhaps overcome a severe case of superstition, 😂😂😂.  But what little I know of him, just changed one superstitious trend for another.  I just hope it keeps on working.  I’m not superstitious but I haven’t changed my underwear since the season started.  😇😇😇

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Reports confirmed that Mathews was in fact the wearing pants last night. 

What's the Over/Under he wears them next week? 👀

11 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Vidor was ranked #14 by DTCF computer rankings, but we gotta be close to hitting the top ten this week.

Ha. Trap game?! 😂

#6 Kilgore dodged a bullet winning against (4-4 / 1-3) Henderson 35-34.

#8 Previously undefeated Kaufman got donkey stomped by Paris (5-3 / 3-2) 35-21.

#7 Midlothian Heritage (6-2) lost to 40-28 to Waco La Vega (5-3 / 3-2)

District 7 has three teams in DC top ten - Argyle, Melissa & Kaufman.

Leaves only three undefeated in 4A-D1, #1 Austin LBJ, #2 Stephenville, and unranked Vidor.  Is it just me or does that seem more weird than a horse fornicating with a cocker spaniel?

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

#6 Kilgore dodged a bullet winning against (4-4 / 1-3) Henderson 35-34.

#8 Previously undefeated Kaufman got donkey stomped by Paris (5-3 / 3-2) 35-21.

#7 Midlothian Heritage (6-2) lost to 40-28 to Waco La Vega (5-3 / 3-2)

District 7 has three teams in DC top ten - Argyle, Melissa & Kaufman.

Leaves only three undefeated in 4A-D1, #1 Austin LBJ, #2 Stephenville, and unranked Vidor.  Is it just me or does that seem more weird than a horse fornicating with a cocker spaniel?

That whole line just had me laughing like a hyena! 😂😂😂

It kinda doesn't surprise me that Kaufman lost! They weren't getting any love from DTCF cause they were #35 in their rankings. But it's baffling that Vidor is one of 3 teams with the likes of Stephenville and LBJ and not even sniff the top 10. But like someone said, it's kinda better to fly under the radar and I seem to agree!

22 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

That whole line just had me laughing like a hyena! 😂😂😂

It kinda doesn't surprise me that Kaufman lost! They weren't getting any love from DTCF cause they were #35 in their rankings. But it's baffling that Vidor is one of 3 teams with the likes of Stephenville and LBJ and not even sniff the top 10. But like someone said, it's kinda better to fly under the radar and I seem to agree!

I’m 99% sure you can forget that stealth mode.  With 2 teams losing and Vidor remaining undefeated, you can bet Vidor will be in that hallowed ground.  The boys deserve the recognition, just hope they pat themselves on the back and concentrate on HH.  Yes, talk about a trap game.  Pirates lose next week and all kind of unhappy scenarios come into play, including a third place finish and meeting a very good team in round one.  These kids deserve better than a one and done, but no ranking will give it to them. Got to keep playing at 110%.

FINALLY SOME GAME STATS!!

L                    V

First Downs                 9                   15

Rushes-Yards          39-130           39-382

Passing                         9                    13

Total Yards                139                 395

Com-Att-Int             2-9-1               1-3-1

Fumbles-Lost            4-2                  0-0

Penalties-Yards        3-30                2-30

Individual Stats

Rushing – L: Lynn Johnson 9-54, Jorge Pecero 8-26, Jontavian McNeal 17-20, Landon Leggett 3-20, Brayden White 2-10; V: Weston Sepulvado 16-171, Austin Rodgers 9-117, Elijah Simmons 6-64, Layne Wilhelm 5-22, Jake Cobb 1-5, Jason Watson 2-3

Passing  L: Jontavian McNeal 2-9-1 9; V: Elijah Simmons 1-3-1 13;

Receiving  L: Brayden White 1-11, Chevy Peters 1-(-2); V: Weston Sepulvado 1-13

I see Vidor getting love two weeks in a row on High School Scoreboard. Doesn’t matter if y’all are ranked, Matthews just did an interview with Tepper and Way for everybody in the state to see so you’re not being slighted or going to sneak up on anybody. 

If I was a Vidor fan I would be more worried about how you potentially play pass defense against those teams that are in the top ten and what you’re going to do at the line of scrimmage in regards to that East Texas district before you even get there. 

12 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

They kept blasting us with the train horn but I’d like to let these people know. Vidor boys are used to the train horn we hear it 17 times a day. Especially on the south side, a train horn is like a lullaby song to us. You better bring some big city noises if you want to throw our boys off. We got trains for days and always used to stopping at the railroad tracks around here. In fact if anyone is using a train horn it should be us, but we don’t need that cause it would be going off non stop as many first downs Vidor gets. It would probably cause some accidents down on Main Street and Highway 90.

That's funny I live close to Orange County Building Material and as I read this post the train is coming by right now at 12:29 p.m. LOL! You're right you tend to get used to it.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I see Vidor getting love two weeks in a row on High School Scoreboard. Doesn’t matter if y’all are ranked, Matthews just did an interview with Tepper and Way for everybody in the state to see so you’re not being slighted or going to sneak up on anybody. 

If I was a Vidor fan I would be more worried about how you potentially play pass defense against those teams that are in the top ten and what you’re going to do at the line of scrimmage in regards to that East Texas district before you even get there. 

appreciate that 14.2, I know we aren't sneaking up on anyone and I'm pretty sure alot are secretly watching how we're doing every week. Cause I know I do the same with the district of doom. But that's the only thing that concerns me is our pass defense. Our little O-Line has dominated every one and had them gasping for air before halftime in every game. But they don't call them Beast Texas for a reason.