Which games you attending in week 2 ?

lcm93

9 hours ago, STiger85 said:

The oldest rivalry in SETX, Silsbee v Jasper. This ain’t no friendly next door neighbor, across the railroad track game. You want to play in this game you better tighten your chin strap a bit little more. 

Haha I have never heard anyone call MCM a friendly match. Yes The Silsbee vs Jasper Rivalry is 3 years older than MCM 1922 vs 1925. However Silsbee VS Jasper has played 79 times while Nederland and PN-G has played 96 times. Both are very nice historical rivalries. My very own Grandfather started on Silsbee's 1943 and 1944 basketball teams

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Haha I have never heard anyone call MCM a friendly match. Yes The Silsbee vs Jasper Rivalry is 3 years older than MCM 1922 vs 1925. However Silsbee VS Jasper has played 79 times while Nederland and PN-G has played 96 times. Both are very nice historical rivalries. My very own Grandfather started on Silsbee's 1943 and 1944 basketball teams

LOL!!! Guilty conscience, I never mentioned nederland or png. 😉but since you brought them up. For nederland and png to get that many game they have to played twice a year several times, Silsbee and Jasper only did that once. The Silsbee, Jasper rivalry is so intense that it has been stopped a couple of times to let things cool down. Like I said, this aint no neighborhood playground.  I agree, both are very nice historical rivalries.