Lumberton 31 Columbus 19/ FINAL

Aggieswife

11 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree. I was surprised myself, and happy for the boys that they were able to prove everyone wrong.

I probably won’t go to a Lumberton game but I don’t see them beating Vidor, Huffman, Livingston and LCM. They have shot at beating the rest. 

Ain’t no one beating their chest after one game! You can agree with the HC hire or disagree with the hire. Believe your tax $$$ are being wasted etc. But one thing is for certain. We have to get behind the HC and his team and buy into what he is selling to give his program a chance. This is a young team with years ahead of them. A lot of opportunity for growth and experience to be learned this year. But if you don’t go into each game believing your have a chance to win, you’re already defeated. This is my last son to go through the program and I have this year and 2 more. I, just like many, believe we will see improvement each game and are excited to see the growth.

12 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

I think I'm going to start a petition and go before the school board. I think it's high time we change the Lumberton Raiders name to  the Lumberton Red Headed Step Children. I mean, y'all just ain't happy unless they are getting beat.

Barbers Hill feels your pain. BH = the most hated team / school in SETX. 

I wonder why so many take shots at Lumberton and BH? Think about it, LOL. 

4 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Ain’t nobody “Taking shots” at Lumberton. People (including me) were saying they wouldn’t beat Columbus because what Columbus had coming back. So if you pick Lumberton to lose apparently you hate them lol

I guess Lumberton has been pretty soft in football. I don’t see hating them. But your past usually predicts your future. 

1 hour ago, raideroldtimer said:

Unfortunately, I even picked us to lose this game for some reason, but the difference between Lumberton, Vidor and Barbers Hill is people expect Lumberton to lose.

Not to be rude but the reason why people expect Lumberton to lose  is because Lumberton is currently 37th in the state with lowest winning percentage 189-355-4=3448