CFB Recruiting

Officials are moving closer to immediately expanding the annual 25-man football signing limit, sources tell @SINow.

In response to transfer surge & falling roster numbers, leaders are targeting a plan to grant schools additional spots to replace transfers

This is the hidden content, please

• 3 months later...

LSU players running away from Kelly 

LSU Tigers starting quarterback Max Johnson to enter transfer portal

This sucks for their backup if he has to lose a year 

"With Brennan and Johnson gone, LSU has only one scholarship QB remaining: former four-star prospect Garrett Nussmeier, a true freshman who has appeared in four games this season.

If Nussmeier were to play in the Texas Bowl, he would lose the ability to redshirt this season, costing him a year of eligibility”

On 12/7/2021 at 11:05 PM, PhatMack19 said:

LSU players running away from Kelly 

LSU Tigers starting quarterback Max Johnson to enter transfer portal

This sucks for their backup if he has to lose a year 

"With Brennan and Johnson gone, LSU has only one scholarship QB remaining: former four-star prospect Garrett Nussmeier, a true freshman who has appeared in four games this season.

If Nussmeier were to play in the Texas Bowl, he would lose the ability to redshirt this season, costing him a year of eligibility”

Heard from a college teammate that Kelly rubbed a lot of the Louisiana high school coaches the wrong way last week at the coaching clinic in New Orleans.  Idk what he said but it was not well perceived 

29 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

What about Sarkisian at Texas...Pulled in a pretty good class himself after going 5-7.

It’s not quite up to what jimbo did, but still impressive.

My thoughts exactly.   Jesus the school really does just recruit itself.  Top 5 class after that horrendous season…. And once there’s no longer a competing conference pitch, lol - no wonder they got so big mad when they were made to vote for big brother and like it…

But as we well know, championships aren’t won in December or February.   If so, we’d have run out of fingers for rings long ago.  

Having never attended a Texas AM game until after my daughter started going to school there 4 years ago, how could you not want to go play there? That places is electric from kick off, all the way through halftime and til the game is over. There is absolutely no other place that has such unique traditions and pageantry like the Aggies do. What Jimbo is doing on the recruiting trail is just awesome, looks like they could end up with possible 8 different 5-star recruits would be huge! Excited to see Bost get an opportunity in the Bowl game.

3 hours ago, OneChance said:

Having never attended a Texas AM game until after my daughter started going to school there 4 years ago, how could you not want to go play there? That places is electric from kick off, all the way through halftime and til the game is over. There is absolutely no other place that has such unique traditions and pageantry like the Aggies do. What Jimbo is doing on the recruiting trail is just awesome, looks like they could end up with possible 8 different 5-star recruits would be huge! Excited to see Bost get an opportunity in the Bowl game.

I have to agree, I attended a game back in 2010 when Ryan Tannerhill was the QB, and man talk about an environment. I'm pretty sure its 10x better now with the recent upgrades, Kudos to A&M for putting football first. 

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Time will tell

FACTS!!!!! I remember when Florida signed the #1 class in history (2010 I think) and the only thing that came from it was a Sugar bowl loss (IMO if Urban stays they win the National championship) . You can have all the talent in the world and it wont mean anything. Just ask Georgia 

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

My thoughts exactly.   Jesus the school really does just recruit itself.  Top 5 class after that horrendous season…. And once there’s no longer a competing conference pitch, lol - no wonder they got so big mad when they were made to vote for big brother and like it…

But as we well know, championships aren’t won in December or February.   If so, we’d have run out of fingers for rings long ago.  

Texas coming to the SEC really has A&M worried let me tell ya lol….