2nd team 

Colln Dorsey- Fannett 

Gabe Castillo-BC

Dr’elon Miller- Silsbee 

Wesley Yates- United

James Menard- Deweyville 

This is the hidden content, please

55 minutes ago, Highlander 09 said:

Just curious how is it that , Trealyn Porchia and Wesley Yates made the All State team in 5A , but wasn't 1st team on the Beaumont enterprise Super Gold team ? Is this selection made by the Enterprise sports writers or a poll of area coaches ? And Coach of the Year , good grief !!!!

The Super Gold is strictly a Beaumont Enterprise thing. Only their staff vote on these teams.

15 hours ago, Highlander 09 said:

Just curious how is it that , Trealyn Porchia and Wesley Yates made the All State team in 5A , but wasn't 1st team on the Beaumont enterprise Super Gold team ? Is this selection made by the Enterprise sports writers or a poll of area coaches ? And Coach of the Year , good grief !!!!

On the girls side we had a local coach who lost 1 game all season by 3 points in the state championship game and isn’t the COY. I ain’t sure I’m buying this local publications opinion. 

22 hours ago, Highlander 09 said:

Arceneaux, Yates, McClure

The other players in SETX

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Arceneaux, Yates, McClure

The other players in SETX

Two of those guys are in a different stratosphere than the other and the offers they have back that up.  Some odd decisions on this list, but what do you expect?  I'll bet the Enterprise guys didn't play a whole lot of basketball growing up and I'll also bet they didn't see the majority of the teams in the area.  Deweyville kid on the same team as Wesley Yates is ludicrous.  Mitchell over Green, Sutherland, Barrett, Sigler, Rideaux, etc is silly too.  

1 hour ago, The Dragon said:

Two of those guys are in a different stratosphere than the other and the offers they have back that up.  Some odd decisions on this list, but what do you expect?  I'll bet the Enterprise guys didn't play a whole lot of basketball growing up and I'll also bet they didn't see the majority of the teams in the area.  Deweyville kid on the same team as Wesley Yates is ludicrous.  Mitchell over Green, Sutherland, Barrett, Sigler, Rideaux, etc is silly too.  

lumberton beat Silsbee at Silsbee, Fannett got 4th, Lumberton won first district title in school history how is that silly?? Huffman is in the Houston area. Coach Prouse did a great job with that deweyville team and had a great player in menard, haters will hate 

12 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

lumberton beat Silsbee at Silsbee, Fannett got 4th, Lumberton won first district title in school history how is that silly?? Huffman is in the Houston area. Coach Prouse did a great job with that deweyville team and had a great player in menard, haters will hate 

I agree.  Other than Green, as good or better an argument can be made for Mitchell as any.  

13 hours ago, The Dragon said:

Correct, and arguably one of those is well above the other.  Regardless, I used those 3 because they are all D1 players, the others are not (although a couple on that second team could be I guess). 

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

and that is?

Lumberton preseason ranked 6th in district

Lost 4 starters and the 6th man to graduation.

Won district for 1st time ever

Ranked in Tabc poll for 1st time ever 

Went 3 rounds deep 

Not sure what United s preseason rank was but I’m sure it was top 5

And was ranked at the top most the year.

Picked to win their district

They have what.....4 .....5 d1 players.

They were suppose to win it....had they lost it would ve been a let down.

Not taking away from green and staff ......they did a great job.

I respect your opinion but givin the WHOLE picture enterprise got it right.

4 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Lumberton preseason ranked 6th in district

Lost 4 starters and the 6th man to graduation.

Won district for 1st time ever

Ranked in Tabc poll for 1st time ever 

Went 3 rounds deep 

Not sure what United s preseason rank was but I’m sure it was top 5

And was ranked at the top most the year.

Picked to win their district

They have what.....4 .....5 d1 players.

They were suppose to win it....had they lost it would ve been a let down.

Not taking away from green and staff ......they did a great job.

I respect your opinion but givin the WHOLE picture enterprise got it right.

One could say it's harder to live up to the expectations than no expectations.

One also could say Sigler could have warranted the COY. Lost 90% of his scoring from last year, started 2 freshmen, 2 soph., 1 senior, with the bulk of the team that saw significant playing time being freshmen and soph. Took the team to the regional finals once again (7th straight year) defeating a heavily favored Houston Yates team along the way. Two of their district losses due to having to play the JV in those games because of Covid. You could say Lumberton benefited from a terrible DEC decision. IMO, if Silsbee doesn't have to play their JV in those games, they win district.

Again, just think Green deserved it more.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One could say it's harder to live up to the expectations than no expectations.

One also could say Sigler could have warranted the COY. Lost 90% of his scoring from last year, started 2 freshmen, 2 soph., 1 senior, with the bulk of the team that saw significant playing time being freshmen and soph. Took the team to the regional finals once again (7th straight year) defeating a heavily favored Houston Yates team along the way. Two of their district losses due to having to play the JV in those games because of Covid. You could say Lumberton benefited from a terrible DEC decision. IMO, if Silsbee doesn't have to play their JV in those games, they win district.

Again, just think Green deserved it more.

Givin that I would probably give it to Sigler before Green.  Did more with less.