Reparations πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

5GallonBucket

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s an opinion based on zero evidence. β€œWe don’t know how much crime white people commit because they aren’t arrested as often as black people.”

Β 

Can you at least admit that more than half of the people murdered each year in the US are black, and 93% of them are killed by other black people?

…..and more white people are killed by cops.Β 

19 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Nonsense. Β They’re not committing crimes at the same rates. Β No police officer is going β€œwell, he murdered him, but he’s white. Β Let’s just let him off with a warning.”

White people are not arrested as much as white people when committing the same crime. There is a ton of researchΒ 

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Big girl
Verbiage

18 hours ago, Big girl said:

Lol. You are an uneducated disenfranchised white man, so you blame your failures on black people. O never said I wanted reparations, I asked why my ancestors did not receive reparations.

It think it would do you some good to read β€œBlack Rednecks and White Liberals β€œ by Thomas Sowell. Very informative and eye opening.Β 

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

We will never know the true percentage of whites that commit crimes because they are not arrested at the same rates as blacks. One advantage of white privilege.

How about blaming those that have held government office for years? Β What have they done to help their people, but yet keep getting elected?

Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, Elijah Cummings, James Clyburn, Al Green, Hank(Guam will tip over)Johnson, Cory Booker, barack obama, and others I may have missed. Β What have they done? Β What are the good β€œReverends” doing to help, beside spewing their own racist πŸ’©. Β Just easier to blame whitey and cry white privilege. Β 

Β 

23 hours ago, bullets13 said:

That’s because there are 5x as many white people. Β Percentage wise, who gets more? Β That said, white people getting handouts don’t have any reason to better themselves either, but they’re not blaming Jim Crow laws and slavery for their not wanting to work in lieu of suckling on the government tit.

White people were not affected by slavery nor Jim Crow laws so why would they complain about those things?

The thing that annoys me is that people on the left 100% believe that they are all victims of β€œsystemic racism” while being unable to point at a single policy that puts them at a disadvantage because of their race in 2020. β€œJim Crow, slavery, Tulsa, and redlining!” they all yell, but can point at nothing but results (β€œthere are more blacks in prison for murder”) as proof of racism, when the result is actually a result of poor choices, not racism, arguably.Β 
We can, however, point at policy after policy that actually do exist in 2022 that put whites at a disadvantage because of THEIR race…. Not opinions, not long-gone policies, not just β€œresults” passed off as proof of wrong… actual policies.Β 
Everything from discrimination in the hiring process under the guise of Β β€œpromoting diversity” to special consideration in the college admissions process, academic scholarships exclusively for minority beneficiaries, to taxes aimed solely at white people (the excise tax on tanning booth fees), to being protected in the workplace by EEOC regulations, to white people being punished more harshly when committing the same crimes (β€œhate crime” legislation) to being given preference in stupid reality tv contests (cbs announcing that they will feature 50% minority contestants on their programs) to the current President announcing that he would be choosing a black woman as his running mate… even if she is woefully and obviously under qualified… 

Black people have far more advantages in America in 2022, yet some will sit in their big houses, boast about their education and that of their kids, and believe that they are still a victim of the system.Β 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The thing that annoys me is that people on the left 100% believe that they are all victims of β€œsystemic racism” while being unable to point at a single policy that puts them at a disadvantage because of their race in 2020. β€œJim Crow, slavery, Tulsa, and redlining!” they all yell, but can point at nothing but results (β€œthere are more blacks in prison for murder”) as proof of racism, when the result is actually a result of poor choices, not racism, arguably.Β 
We can, however, point at policy after policy that actually do exist in 2022 that put whites at a disadvantage because of THEIR race…. Not opinions, not long-gone policies, not just β€œresults” passed off as proof of wrong… actual policies.Β 
Everything from discrimination in the hiring process under the guise of Β β€œpromoting diversity” to special consideration in the college admissions process, academic scholarships exclusively for minority beneficiaries, to taxes aimed solely at white people (the excise tax on tanning booth fees), to being protected in the workplace by EEOC regulations, to white people being punished more harshly when committing the same crimes (β€œhate crime” legislation) to being given preference in stupid reality tv contests (cbs announcing that they will feature 50% minority contestants on their programs) to the current President announcing that he would be choosing a black woman as his running mate… even if she is woefully and obviously under qualified… 

Black people have far more advantages in America in 2022, yet some will sit in their big houses, boast about their education and that of their kids, and believe that they are still a victim of the system.Β 

That last paragraph sure defines someone I’ve heard talking about those same things. Β We all know who that is. Β It doesn’t matter how much you give them, it won’t be enough, they will always want more freebies!

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

This is the hidden content, please

I agree that there is some form of racism still plaguing our society, but not built into the system.

Btw, Ben & Jerry's is in Vermont, the 2nd whitest state where 94% of the people identify as white. Don't get fooled, they only want your business. Wasn't long ago they had the flavor "Black and Tan". And Schweddy Balls.

On 12/24/2022 at 1:04 PM, baddog said:

…..and more white people are killed by cops.Β 

Typical racist false logic to make it look like white folk get the raw end of the deal. Β 2021 census estimate: Β 196,833,431 whites in US, 41,858,536 blacks in US. Whites killed by cops 2017-2022: 2,320. Blacks killed by cops same time period: Β 1,260. Β Technically m, you are correct. Look at proportions, however, and your claim becomes grossly inaccurate. Rate of whites killed by cops: Β 11.79 per million. Rate of blacks killed by cops: 25.81 per million. Over twice the rate. Numbers are meaningless without context and proportion.

On 12/24/2022 at 8:17 AM, bullets13 said:

I taught in inner city Beaumont for 15 years. Β Students had to be low socioeconomic to qualify for school. Β I’ve had several parents of students friend me on Facebook over the years, and every spring they’re posting about their tax returns of thousands of dollars (like $10k). Β I’ve even seen advertisements from tax services around town guaranteeing these giant returns. Β Most of them don’t work, or if they do it’s part time for minimum wage. Β Yet somehow they’re getting much larger tax returns than people working full time, well-paying jobs. Β Is that not reparations? Β One thing is for sure, they’re not using the money to better their situations. Β How much money would it take to make a difference? Β How many people would even use the money responsibly if they got it? Β Free housing, free phones, free insurance, free food. Β Sounds like reparations to me. Β And working more hours and getting better jobs disqualifies you from getting these freebies. Β if anything, the reparations already being handed out are discouraging African Americans from bettering themselves. Β 

White people who qualify get the same benefits. Argument fails on its merits.

On 12/26/2022 at 7:46 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Waaaa waaaa waaaa. Β How about 300 years of total exclusion from educational, financial, and career advancement? Β White people don’t like to share, unless it’s someone they deem β€œdeserving”, and from everything I read here, most don’t see the African American as deserving. Β No consideration for the boot on their necks for generation after generation. THAT is institutional racism at it’s most pernicious.

3 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Waaaa waaaa waaaa. Β How about 300 years of total exclusion from educational, financial, and career advancement? Β White people don’t like to share, unless it’s someone they deem β€œdeserving”, and from everything I read here, most don’t see the African American as deserving. Β No consideration for the boot on their necks for generation after generation. THAT is institutional racism at it’s most pernicious.

You get the award for making the most racist post on the thread, congratulations.

By the way, I certainly don't think you or anyone else deserves reparations for something that didn't affect your life in any way.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Typical racist false logic to make it look like white folk get the raw end of the deal. Β 2021 census estimate: Β 196,833,431 whites in US, 41,858,536 blacks in US. Whites killed by cops 2017-2022: 2,320. Blacks killed by cops same time period: Β 1,260. Β Technically m, you are correct. Look at proportions, however, and your claim becomes grossly inaccurate. Rate of whites killed by cops: Β 11.79 per million. Rate of blacks killed by cops: 25.81 per million. Over twice the rate. Numbers are meaningless without context and proportion.

You left out one vital factor. Black people often put the police in a position where they have no choice but to use lethal force. Black people commit over 50% of the murders in the US while making up only 13% of the total population. To be more specific, black MALES make up about six percent of the general population while committing most of those murders.Β 
Β 

So is it any surprise that they often end up in lethal combat with the police? They’re always doing it to each other.Β 
Β 

Simple question… can you at least admit that black men commit many, many more murders than any other segment of our population? Not per capita, but actually commit the most, by far?

Β 

Before you segue into β€œpoverty” being the cause, remember that y’all have already pointed out that there are more white people on welfare than blacks, total… of poverty was the cause, you’d have more white people committing murders.Β 

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

You can’t be proportionate when the numbers committing crimes is already so disproportionate. We must have equality amongst the criminal elements of society. lol

Β Technically I’m correct but still racist. Gotta love being painted into a corner.Β