Will Lumberton Make The Playoffs?

TheWilson

What yall think??  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What yall think??

• Yes
    • No

Guest oldplayer

whats bad is this isn't even Lumberton best team in school history.......Lumberton has a long long way to go .........I mean they have won one game.......got plenty more to go ...........

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, the attitude that one district upset should "earn respect" for a program with a flawless record of missing the playoffs is likely a part of the "vicious circle" that has kept them out of the postseason.

If I may exaggerate a bit for the sake of an analogy, it's like a kid who has never been good at basketball but has practiced all summer shooting in his backyard for his city YMCA league. When he finally gets put into a game with seconds to go (for his mandatory playing time), he picks up the loose ball and hits a shot from 8 feet out to win the game. The crowd goes wild! His teammates hoist him up! But then, two weeks later, when he's still droning on and on about the shot and how they used to pick on him for his lack of skills, his teammates' eye sockets are sore from rolling their eyes. He even calls the star player his "twin balla." Now, each time he goes in at the end of the game, he hoists his hands in an awkward "raise the roof" gesture and shouts "Re-speeeect!" The worst part is that he's gotten so cocky that he's trying spin moves and fadeaways that either send the ball careening out of bounds or clanging off the back of another player's head. Then, late at night, he calls half of the members of the team and whines about the fact that no one respects him, even though he won the game for them.

Obviously I've exaggerated quite a bit, but it's still true enough. The kid won't have respect until he's hitting shots consistently - regardless when he hits them or who he hits them against. It's even harder for him to gain that respect when he takes that first step toward earning respect and rubs it in everyone's face - then whines when they don't give it up immediately.

Keep hitting the shots and people will have no choice but to respect you and believe in you. What do you care, anyway? If it was a great game and win, then who cares?

Great post

All Ltown has to do is keep winning games, and then they will get the respect that they want so much.

Guest maverick24

Great post

All Ltown has to do is keep winning games, and then they will get the respect that they want so much.

I really think Lumberton could be at 8-0 and they still would not have any respect from WOS or the SVILLE want to be!  Sometimes people just love to hate on others!

I really think Lumberton could be at 8-0 and they still would not have any respect from WOS or the SVILLE want to be!  Sometimes people just love to hate on others!

Dude you need to give it a rest.

I respect Ltowns players for what they are doing and the coaches for trying to get that program on the right track,  but it is a few idiot posters such as you make it hard for anyone to take them seriously.

They beat Dayton...that is 1 district game,they still have a few more to go.

Like everyone has said RESPECT is earned not given.

You are probably right. I am sure that most people in southeast Texas wake up to the thoughts of hating Lumberton. I know that is the first thought the enters my head each morning.  ::)

Before Larry Neumann came to Nederland in 1993, you would have to go back to 1978 to find Nederland with a winning season. That was a mighty 6-4 team. I am sure that Nederland was not causing a lot of opposing fans to quake in their shoes.

Since then Nederland has had no losing seasons. Winning gets people attention, talking does not. If Lumberon continues to win, they will be the talk of the town and there is nothing that a bulletin board forum can do to help or hurt it. Winning takes care of everything else. Keep winning and people will hate to see Lumberton on the schedule for that week.

"I really think Lumberton could be at 8-0 and they still would not have any respect from WOS or the SVILLE want to be!  Sometimes people just love to hate on others!"

Stephenville wanna be?  I guess that's better than a wanna be winner.......I have no problem with Lumberton, but it seems like y'all are just demanding respect after one big win.....takes more than that my friend!!!!

You are probably right. I am sure that most people in southeast Texas wake up to the thoughts of hating Lumberton. I know that is the first thought the enters my head each morning.   ::)

Before Larry Neumann came to Nederland in 1993, you would have to go back to 1978 to find Nederland with a winning season. That was a mighty 6-4 team. I am sure that Nederland was not causing a lot of opposing fans to quake in their shoes.

Since then Nederland has had no losing seasons. Winning gets people attention, talking does not. If Lumberon continues to win, they will be the talk of the town and there is nothing that a bulletin board forum can do to help or hurt it. Winning takes care of everything else. Keep winning and people will hate to see Lumberton on the schedule for that week.

And some people still don't have respect for us even after making the playoffs for 11 straight years. So, go figure. I could care less what other teams think of us. Maybe the Lumberton folks should adopt that attitude and just go out and continue to win ballgames.

Guest maverick24

"I really think Lumberton could be at 8-0 and they still would not have any respect from WOS or the SVILLE want to be!  Sometimes people just love to hate on others!"

Stephenville wanna be?  I guess that's better than a wanna be winner.......I have no problem with Lumberton, but it seems like y'all are just demanding respect after one big win.....takes more than that my friend!!!!

Glad we have the attention of someone in Ft Worth on here telling the Lumberton People what it takes to get respect. Yes he is from Silsbee yet post under Sville and has their stats listed LOL

Guest maverick24

He's from Silsbee, but he and his family live in Stephenville now.  I went to Deweyville before moving to Stephenville in high school.  I keep up with all the schools in SE Texas.....I wasn't talking to all the Lumberton people, I was just talking to you!!!! 

Your Post said YALL and LUMBERTON Not ME But I am done with you you have not seen the team play you are just a Hater we are glad we make your day and give you something to talk about. The question was will Lumberton make the Playoffs, No one asked anyone from out of town to give us respect. We dont care if you do but there is no reason to talk down on us.

Your Post said YALL and LUMBERTON Not ME But I am done with you you have not seen the team play you are just a Hater we are glad we make your day and give you something to talk about. The question was will Lumberton make the Playoffs, No one asked anyone from out of town to give us respect. We dont care if you do but there is no reason to talk down on us.

So you want just local respect and not statewide

I guess you have to crawl before you can walk

Well to answer your question just keep winning and you will make the playoffs

In an ironic twist, for lumberton to have a decent chance at playoffs, they need dayton to be weaker this year (thus making lumberton's win less impressive).  They need dayton to lose to central and nederland, at least, or it will probably be crowded at the top with dayton, central and nederland all something like 6-1 or 5-2.  Of course, lumberton could just beat everyone else and win district (i don't believe this will happen, but i'm not trying to be sarcastic).

Guest whoabroncos09

high school football is like a box of chocolates,i just never know whatcha gonna

get, oh except on these threads about football we all know  whatcha get.

its all good huh sville,good luck jackets. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Guest maverick24

Funny thing today Sville sends me nasty mail today telling me to join THEIR STEVENVILLE SITE and go on there and talk about Lumberton!! He makes my point First he is from SILSBEE and second unlike him I realize I have no reason to talk about a Team that far away from where I am. It would just be Dumb for someone from Lumberton to go onto their site and talk about them Not sure why they dont see this.

all i have to say is that lumberton holds their fate in their own hands and of couse they have the talent to make the playoffs they have shown that now they just have to bring it every friday night

At this point, EVERYONE still holds their fate in their own hands.

Guest dailynews

I dont see how Lumberton beat the undefeated district champion from a year ago and still doesnt get any respect. They have a good team, plain and simple. Give credit where credit is due.

Good luck Raiders, hope to see you in the playoffs.

I think they are getting SOME respect, however, everyone who has followed Lumberton for the last  several years would be foolish to think that they are suddenly a great team.  We just want to see a top two distrct finish and then we will say what you guys want to hear.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yejoko
    Newest Member
    yejoko