Will Lumberton Make The Playoffs?

TheWilson

What yall think??  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What yall think??

• Yes
    • No

bullets13 - you make it sound like Dayton will be the whipping boys of the district because they lost to Lumberton... Which team do you support in 22-4a?  I want to be sure I re-visit your quote after your team plays Dayton.  We'll just see how good that Dayton team is?  Don't sell the Broncos short, or the Raiders for that matter!  I see the Broncos going 6-1 or 5-2. 

Still waiting on your answer!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest car ramrod

Lumberton has a shot but they need to play well each week because of the lack of athletes.  The kids have executed well and the coaches have done a great job in preperation.  They are the type of team that can make the playoffs or loose out, and a few plays can make the difference.  The Dayton win was good, but they need to focus on each game.  If they look ahead to bigger games they could slip up and not make the playoffs.

Guest TravelingBandsman

wow lumberton beats a team full of injuries and wins their first game in nearly 6 years!! lol i think the raiders are a fluke

Could be. Factors that coincidentally have made them 4 - 0. However, if they do beat Vidor, that puts them in a very good district position. A lot of teams wouldn't be 2 - 0 in district starting out. I believe it would only be them, and either Nederland or Beaumont Central.

He is good but had a rough night.  He had an off night and we had several dropped balls but i give Daytons D credit.  We had 2 or 3 sure TD's that we missed because of either dropped passes or missing the reciever and Dayton missed one sure TD on a dropped ball.    

Stats don't always tell the story.  He was HUGE on that last drive.  His stats will improve as we progress through district.  

The only stat that matters to us is the "W".  

We have no "superstars" on our team but we have a bunch of very good hard working kids.  Credeurs philosophy is "it's not about me; it's about we!"  

Still waiting on your answer!!!

i don't support a team in 22-4a.  i just like football. HJ is my alma mater, and i'll be the first to admit they're the least impressive 3-1 team in the area.  i don't think dayton will be the whipping boys, but as of right now, i'm thinking they won't make the playoffs.  if they get a lot of these injured players back, and start clicking on offense, then i'll reevaluate my stance, and be the first to admit that they're better than i originally thought.  my feeling is this... it's obvious that lumberton has improved both on offense and defense, but has their defense improved so much that there was a 48 point difference in points allowed to dayton in one year?  i think it has to be a combination of lumberton's d improving and dayton's offense either not being as good or at least struggling greatly right now.  Dayton, prove me wrong.  I'll be the first to congratulate ya'll.

I figured you were one of those outsiders taking shots at the Raiders.  You have the right to your opinion but unless you have seen them and Dayton then you are making uninformed comments.  Both these teams can play some ball.   

AND yes, our defense has improved that much. 

so basically you're saying that the defense that is on the field this year would only have allowed 7 points to dayton's team last year (who i did see in person)

If they're that good, they'll probably allow what, a touchdown apiece to nederland and central, and maybe a field goal to ozen and lcm, and of course they'll shut out everybody else.  I've said over and over that lumberton has improved, and that they should be proud of this win.  Too many lumberton fans get mad when someone points out that the dayton team they beat this year is not the same team as last year, and also that they're suffering from big injuries.  You're tired of "outsiders" discounting this win.  I promise you that the outsiders are tired of the "insiders" making this sound like the win of the century.  I'm also tired of the 6000 threads about this game, which is why I've gone from giving lumberton credit to pointing out reasons this win isn't as impressive as 90% of lumberton is making it out to be.  

Lumberton fans are just so estatic right now.  Put youself in their shoes.  Right about now under any other circumstance, they would have gotten whiped so bad, that they would be thinking about next year even though it's one district game.  They deserve to talk and boast, as they slayed the district 'Beasts'.  But honestly, they don't have to make all these threads about it.  Believe it or not, there was more threads.  Some of them were deleted. 

Guest maverick24

My question to all the disbelievers is why talk about the injuries and such now?? Just about all of you same people had Dayton picked to win big, knowing green was out. Some even said the JV would beat Lumbertons Varsity! But instead of just saying yall were all wrong about this game now you have to pick out reasons to try and down the win for the Raiders.  I even said in a post before the game that after we Beat Dayton that yall would all blame the Refs or say if Green was in there it would be Dif. Well you knew he wasnt in there when you made the Bonehead Blowout predictions!! By the way my Prediction was a 3 point game in the Raiders favor!!!!!! Just say you were wrong and if you dont want to hear about the Raider win dont click on the thread that says Raiders or Lumberton!!  And most of the THREADS  are not even put on here by Raider fans!!!

Hey Bullet!  It was Dayton's defense that gave up 3 4th quarter leads this year, not the offense.  Certainly, Daytons offense was better with Michael D at Running back, AJ at Receiver and Cody at QB.  But that was last year.  This is a new year partner!  ::)   

And yes, I (not everybody in lumberton, the team, the coaches, etc... ME) expect our defense to hold EVERY team that we play to 10 points or less.  Now that may not happen but I think they are that good. 

Personally, i don't care if we win 49-48 as long as we win.

And yes, that was the bigest win of this programs history but not the last big win of the year. 

Stay tuned!!!

raidernation: few other wins might be bigger  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

1978  3-a      raiders      13

#  10  sp greenies    7

1980    (19  -4a)  raiders    25

#  9 liv. lions              17  ( campell -q-back)played for lamar

i played /started for the last team; pretty good wins- back then biggest wins at

time. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I figured you were one of those outsiders taking shots at the Raiders.  You have the right to your opinion but unless you have seen them and Dayton then you are making uninformed comments.  Both these teams can play some ball.   

AND yes, our defense has improved that much. 

Oh my goodness raidernation...you want to talk about "outsiders taking shots" yet you seem to be the first "outsider" to post your "uninformed comments" about our boys and coaches on the Buna thread about "running up the score" when you yourself was not at our game. (you know what they say karma can be...)

Good Luck again Raiders!

coug fan, if the other teams cant hang with ya,1,2,3,rd teams u r not running

up tha score. yall look strong for your district this yr. raiders had :

new caney  42 - 0 at half/  bridgecity  42-0at half/ clevland 42-0 at half

some say we couldnt score any pts in second half. 2 & 3rd teamers went

in most of the 2nd half & we only scored a couple more pts. .if teams 1 st teams

cant hang with ur 2 & 3rd teams, u still have to ask your boys to play.good luck

from the raider nation ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually, the Lumberton Raiders had: New Caney 28-0 at half (final was just 41-6), Bridge City 28-0 at half, Cleveland 42-0 at half. Really, really different frombeing up 42 at the half (except against 0-5 Cleveland, of course). Impressive, but your scores are waaaaaay skewed. I'm glad Lumberton is doing well, but let's remember that their four opponents this year are a combined 2-16.

different year, same old bull crap >:( , just when i thought some respect was finally earned between all teams, the same thing as last year happens, but this time its because we win and people run their mouths, go figure, some people dont know when to let it be, i hate to say that it IS mostly loud mouth lumberton fans, keep it fun, this is stupid, theres no sense in all this junk people keep postin

:P :P :P :P  sorry, after lookin back,u r right. point was ,it could have been a lot worse, still played bench though.wos has a lot of those games though. wos

has been kickin but for yrs.lololololol. cougs not runnin up scores,just tough in their dist. see the stangs back in ranks # 10 i believe good luck.

different year, same old bull censored >:( , just when i thought some respect was finally earned between all teams, the same thing as last year happens, but this time its because we win and people run their mouths, go figure, some people dont know when to let it be, i hate to say that it IS mostly loud mouth lumberton fans, keep it fun, this is stupid, theres no sense in all this junk people keep postin

Respect is earned not given.  One win is not going to earn the Raiders respect.  You sure as heck not going to earn it by demanding it on a message board. Ask Vidor about last year.

I'll give the Raiders their due.  I was surprised that they beat Dayton, and I thought that Dayton would win even w/o their QB.  The Raiders are much improved, but I do think that it is too early to give them a Playoff berth.  Great Win, you beat a quality 4a team.  I'm not quite ready to paint my car red and light blue yet though.

Lumberton will not erase 40+ years of futility with a single district win by one point. A few Lumberton fans apparently think that a single win should have them ready to be crowned the district champion. Maybe it will happen, just don't think everyone is ready to jump on the Lumberton bandwagon after a single district win on an extra point.

Keep on winning and the fans from other schools will start worrying about Lumberton on their schedule. Until them, keep those crying towels handy.

Lumberton will not erase 40+ years of futility with a single district win by one point. A few Lumberton fans apparently think that a single win should have them ready to be crowned the district champion. Maybe it will happen, just don't think everyone is ready to jump on the Lumberton bandwagon after a single district win on an extra point.

Keep on winning and the fans from other schools will start worrying about Lumberton on their schedule. Until them, keep those crying towels handy.

In fact, the attitude that one district upset should "earn respect" for a program with a flawless record of missing the playoffs is likely a part of the "vicious circle" that has kept them out of the postseason.

If I may exaggerate a bit for the sake of an analogy, it's like a kid who has never been good at basketball but has practiced all summer shooting in his backyard for his city YMCA league. When he finally gets put into a game with seconds to go (for his mandatory playing time), he picks up the loose ball and hits a shot from 8 feet out to win the game. The crowd goes wild! His teammates hoist him up! But then, two weeks later, when he's still droning on and on about the shot and how they used to pick on him for his lack of skills, his teammates' eye sockets are sore from rolling their eyes. He even calls the star player his "twin balla." Now, each time he goes in at the end of the game, he hoists his hands in an awkward "raise the roof" gesture and shouts "Re-speeeect!" The worst part is that he's gotten so cocky that he's trying spin moves and fadeaways that either send the ball careening out of bounds or clanging off the back of another player's head. Then, late at night, he calls half of the members of the team and whines about the fact that no one respects him, even though he won the game for them.

Obviously I've exaggerated quite a bit, but it's still true enough. The kid won't have respect until he's hitting shots consistently - regardless when he hits them or who he hits them against. It's even harder for him to gain that respect when he takes that first step toward earning respect and rubs it in everyone's face - then whines when they don't give it up immediately.

Keep hitting the shots and people will have no choice but to respect you and believe in you. What do you care, anyway? If it was a great game and win, then who cares?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin