SETX Player Rankings

Cardinal 1

38 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

Ok first off I can see where all these rumors are coming from now and why my son was denied. This absolutely disgusting what I'm reading. For the record my son was purely denied based on transfering for athletic purposes even though letters from myself, my wife, my wife, and his previous schools administrators stating why he left. My son is a 4.0 gpa honor society student who wanted to leave Tekoa because it is a STEM school and he wasn't interested in those fields of study like my other two children who also attended there, my oldest graduating with a scholarship from Motiva to attend Lamar. Jailan did not want to go to school for STEM and that is all Tekoa Academy offers. We do not have the same processes of other high schools as the schedules and curriculum is preset and students do not get to choose their classes or career paths. Jailan wanted to go where he had access to a guidance counselor that would introduce him to other academic options as like I said he's a true honor student!  He wanted to be a high school that has school dances, home coming, and prom. He wanted the normal high school experience that my oldest son didnt care for. All this was presented to the DEC along with family history as my both my sons attend HF elementary and my wife and I worked for the transportation department. HF has graduated 3 of my nephews and a niece as recently as last year and currently has my great niece and nephew at the high school and their siblings at the middle school! My oldest son is the one of only two grandchild to NOT GRADUATE FROM HAMPSHIRE FANNETT as my other nephew graduated from George Ranch in Katy. We have live in Cheeks for 14 years, my family owns 5 acres out there that we all live on!!! Stop with the BS rumors and false narratives about my family and son. Huffman, Splendora, Livingston, and Shepherd all voted against my son HJ and Liberty voted in favor of him. It was a collaborate effort between these schools administrators I know it as we had all the proof and they ONLY HAD RUMORS. The papf nor our residency was questioned. I was simply asked about a dang FB post between and another parent about basketball and being asked where my son was going. That was Huffman's proof and was asked about my son playing on an AAU team that he's been on since 7th grade and trains out of HJ! This summer for the first time a HF player was on the team and I was questioned about that one player. Not that 6 players were from HJ and that they practice at HJ facilities or that Clay Davis Jr plays on that team. My son knows Clay Davis and the HJ staff and players just as if he played there. But we had already filed our paperwork for him to attend HF early summer so who he played with in July shouldnt have matter because he was already going to HF. I had made the decision for him to attend HF prior to his sophmore year, didnt move him last year because of his advance math class that I wanted him to take from my colleague and mentor at Tekoa. I am an educator first always! I teach math as well as my wife who teaches in BISD. We hold out children to a high academic standard as all 3 hold a 3.8 gpa or higher. Currently my daughter is a freshman at Tekoa and a freshman at Lamar State College taking 3 classes. Yeah my kids nice like that! So all this bull crap about basketball and athletics needs to stop now! My son works his butt off both in the classroom and on the court to be the best he can be. The notion that he is just some basketball athlete trying to get over or by is insulting to me and my family! We are definitely appealing this decision purely on the principle that I, my wife, my son, and my administration at Tekoa were flat out called liars and dishonest! They also called Dr. Augustine a liar who did a complete background search on my family and went by our home in Cheeks. We had all the documentation and presented it. They call us liars to our face! This will not go away or stand! I refuse to have my family called fraudulent and liars. The administration at Tekoa Academy are extremely upset that they were called liars! So for the little spies and agents that these coward schools have in these forums, RUN TELL THAT! Yes your district "leaders" ignored documents and facts and instead went along with rumors and "heard through the grapevine" news. And yes these people actually used that terminology when asking me questions. They "heard through the grapevine" so their entire case was based on rumors and we had facts!!!! I'm assuming this little forum is part of their "grapevine" as I'm reading some of the same crap that was presented to me.

Once again we are from Cheeks, I work at Tekoa Academy, my children attend Tekoa, my son wanted to go to HF to look at other programs so my wife and I let him period!! They are attempting to rob my son of his junior year of varsity basketball behind personal feelings and stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with my son. My son has nothing to do with the other players there from last year or how they got there. HF is his home school, its were his family has recently been graduating from and where his cousins are currently at! 

Now once again GO RUN TELL THAT!!!!!

Couple of things.  Good for HJ and Liberty.  And shame on the other 4.  Like i said, based on the facts of this case (as now verified by the young man’s father), the action taken by the DEC is reprehensible.  I’ve seen it in the past too often.  Men who say they got in a profession for the kids prove the opposite.  Or at best prove they only got into it for “some” kids.  Once residency is proven, that should be the end of the story.   But it’s not because decisions are made “for athletic purposes.”   Except not by the kid or his family, but by the school administrators who voted against him. That’s right.  They, in effect, blackball a kid for their OWN school’s athletic purposes.  Well done hypocrites.  Well done. 

29 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

Ok first off I can see where all these rumors are coming from now and why my son was denied. This absolutely disgusting what I'm reading. For the record my son was purely denied based on transfering for athletic purposes even though letters from myself, my wife, my wife, and his previous schools administrators stating why he left. My son is a 4.0 gpa honor society student who wanted to leave Tekoa because it is a STEM school and he wasn't interested in those fields of study like my other two children who also attended there, my oldest graduating with a scholarship from Motiva to attend Lamar. Jailan did not want to go to school for STEM and that is all Tekoa Academy offers. We do not have the same processes of other high schools as the schedules and curriculum is preset and students do not get to choose their classes or career paths. Jailan wanted to go where he had access to a guidance counselor that would introduce him to other academic options as like I said he's a true honor student!  He wanted to be a high school that has school dances, home coming, and prom. He wanted the normal high school experience that my oldest son didnt care for. All this was presented to the DEC along with family history as my both my sons attend HF elementary and my wife and I worked for the transportation department. HF has graduated 3 of my nephews and a niece as recently as last year and currently has my great niece and nephew at the high school and their siblings at the middle school! My oldest son is the one of only two grandchild to NOT GRADUATE FROM HAMPSHIRE FANNETT as my other nephew graduated from George Ranch in Katy. We have live in Cheeks for 14 years, my family owns 5 acres out there that we all live on!!! Stop with the BS rumors and false narratives about my family and son. Huffman, Splendora, Livingston, and Shepherd all voted against my son HJ and Liberty voted in favor of him. It was a collaborate effort between these schools administrators I know it as we had all the proof and they ONLY HAD RUMORS. The papf nor our residency was questioned. I was simply asked about a dang FB post between and another parent about basketball and being asked where my son was going. That was Huffman's proof and was asked about my son playing on an AAU team that he's been on since 7th grade and trains out of HJ! This summer for the first time a HF player was on the team and I was questioned about that one player. Not that 6 players were from HJ and that they practice at HJ facilities or that Clay Davis Jr plays on that team. My son knows Clay Davis and the HJ staff and players just as if he played there. But we had already filed our paperwork for him to attend HF early summer so who he played with in July shouldnt have matter because he was already going to HF. I had made the decision for him to attend HF prior to his sophmore year, didnt move him last year because of his advance math class that I wanted him to take from my colleague and mentor at Tekoa. I am an educator first always! I teach math as well as my wife who teaches in BISD. We hold out children to a high academic standard as all 3 hold a 3.8 gpa or higher. Currently my daughter is a freshman at Tekoa and a freshman at Lamar State College taking 3 classes. Yeah my kids nice like that! So all this bull crap about basketball and athletics needs to stop now! My son works his butt off both in the classroom and on the court to be the best he can be. The notion that he is just some basketball athlete trying to get over or by is insulting to me and my family! We are definitely appealing this decision purely on the principle that I, my wife, my son, and my administration at Tekoa were flat out called liars and dishonest! They also called Dr. Augustine a liar who did a complete background search on my family and went by our home in Cheeks. We had all the documentation and presented it. They call us liars to our face! This will not go away or stand! I refuse to have my family called fraudulent and liars. The administration at Tekoa Academy are extremely upset that they were called liars! So for the little spies and agents that these coward schools have in these forums, RUN TELL THAT! Yes your district "leaders" ignored documents and facts and instead went along with rumors and "heard through the grapevine" news. And yes these people actually used that terminology when asking me questions. They "heard through the grapevine" so their entire case was based on rumors and we had facts!!!! I'm assuming this little forum is part of their "grapevine" as I'm reading some of the same crap that was presented to me.

Once again we are from Cheeks, I work at Tekoa Academy, my children attend Tekoa, my son wanted to go to HF to look at other programs so my wife and I let him period!! They are attempting to rob my son of his junior year of varsity basketball behind personal feelings and stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with my son. My son has nothing to do with the other players there from last year or how they got there. HF is his home school, its were his family has recently been graduating from and where his cousins are currently at! 

Thanks for your input Coach Ardion. It is appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

Yes I'm still the coach there. Why the heck wouldn't I be! Yes I gave up my son and best player in the entire TCAL conference! Why? Because my children's education is most important to me and my wife. I'm a father first not a dang coach!

I was asking why a Coach and a father give up his best player and from reading the earlier post I truly understand and goodluck but if nothing else I will be coming see this kid play. 

48 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

If you lived in "Cheeks" for the last 14 years you would know that the town is actually called Cheek.  You're from Beaumont dude.

6 minutes ago, Zebra101 said:

If you lived in "Cheeks" for the last 14 years you would know that the town is actually called Cheek.  You're from Beaumont dude.

Man who are you? Don't hide behind a fake name like I said if you want to address anything I have to say then come out the shadow and state your name! Otherwise troll your coward behind in the closet and corners with the rest of the fake he man masters of the universe crew. You're actually coming at me with the spelling of a subdivision as a slight against where my family lives. Smh State your name or keep it moving. 

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A person living (renting or owning) in Cheek isn't necessarily zoned to Hamshire-Fannett. Some Cheek residents are zoned to West Brook.

You're right. All those living south of smith road I believe and far west of brooks road are HF. That's lawhon Rd to a certain part then it becomes HJ as well as Brooks rd. Thats also Kidd rd and Boyt rd which turns into lawhon rd. We live on Lawhon road. 

22 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

Man who are you? Don't hide behind a fake name like I said if you want to address anything I have to say then come out the shadow and state your name! Otherwise troll your coward behind in the closet and corners with the rest of the fake he man masters of the universe crew. You're actually coming at me with the spelling of a subdivision as a slight against where my family lives. Smh State your name or keep it moving. 

I think its strange to say you live in a place for 14 years and call it the wrong name over and over again.  I'm from Beaumonts bro.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

He can go back to Tekoa and play or try to transfer to another school and take his chances with that DEC.

Why would he go back to Tekoa when he left for reasons outside of basketball? It folks like you that's been pushing this BS narrative because you and others have an issue with Tigee Rideaux. That bull crap has now robbed my son of his junior year. I should have just sent him to private school or moved him out this area all together. SETX is one big crab bucket! Funny how the districts where the majority of ADs and coaches are African American don't have these type of issues or problems with kids changing schools. Had my son went WB or BU not one of those coaches would have challenged his eligibility nor anyone else in that district because it's about the kids and their coaches aren't trash!

30 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

Why would he go back to Tekoa when he left for reasons outside of basketball? It folks like you that's been pushing this BS narrative because you and others have an issue with Tigee Rideaux. That bull crap has now robbed my son of his junior year. I should have just sent him to private school or moved him out this area all together. SETX is one big crab bucket! Funny how the districts where the majority of ADs and coaches are African American don't have these type of issues or problems with kids changing schools. Had my son went WB or BU not one of those coaches would have challenged his eligibility nor anyone else in that district because it's about the kids and their coaches aren't trash!

I am not pushing anything. I was just reporting the decision of the meeting.

If you would have read some of my earlier posts on here about this subject, you would see where I said I would have voted for his transfer, not against.

51 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

Send him to BU or WB...I watched BU  scrimmage against Summer Creek and Manvel and only saw 7 kids suited.... 

My son a 4.0 gpa student bro from a small charter school. I wouldn't jeopardize his education for basketball. BISD particularly their high schools have a lot of issues with staffing and student behavior. While both coaches are mentors to me and I highly respect them, I told both of them when my son was leaving middle that he would never enter BISD. I would have loved for him to play for my old coach from Central in Coach Green or the GOAT himself I Boutte, but my son's well being and education is most important to me. That's why he was at Tekoa and why he moved to HF. 

29 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am not pushing anything. I was just reporting the decision of the meeting.

If you would have read some of my earlier posts on here about this subject, you would see where I said I would have voted for his transfer, not against.

I apologize. It's the frustration and anger talking. When someone, especially and adult, deliberately attacks my child it's all out war from me. I will do everything I know to make sure his program is done. He will never get another talent from Beaumont at that school.

45 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

I apologize. It's the frustration and anger talking. When someone, especially and adult, deliberately attacks my child it's all out war from me. I will do everything I know to make sure his program is done. He will never get another talent from Beaumont at that school.

I can get you being upset with this decision.  I don't get who you are saying attacked your son?  You saying the Fannett coach won't get any more beaumont boys??

UiL with the clown show decision worthy of the ncaa.  Hope every school but HJ and Liberty gets their brakes beat off.  

Really disappointed in Huffman.   The other schools in that district aren’t good at basketball to begin with and are screwing a kid to hopefully get an opportunity to get their behinds kicked in bi-district.  Petty and deplorable, but okay.   Huffman comes off as butthurt for having their 30 win team bounced from the playoffs last year by a team with half the talent and twice the coach.  Here’s wishing you more of the same Falcons. 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

UiL with the clown show decision worthy of the ncaa.  Hope every school but HJ and Liberty gets their brakes beat off.  

Really disappointed in Huffman.   The other schools in that district aren’t good at basketball to begin with and are screwing a kid to hopefully get an opportunity to get their behinds kicked in bi-district.  Petty and deplorable, but okay.   Huffman comes off as butthurt for having their 30 win team bounced from the playoffs last year by a team with half the talent and twice the coach.  Here’s wishing you more of the same Falcons. 

You have no idea what you're talking about here.

Guys, why don't we steer the topic back to talking about the players and not this situation.  It has been decided on by the UIL, whether you like the result or not.  Some of the comments have already cost one his posting privileges for a week.

I don't want to add to that list, but I am willing to if need be.

41 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Guys, why don't we steer the topic back to talking about the players and not this situation.  It has been decided on by the UIL, whether you like the result or not.  Some of the comments have already cost one his posting privileges for a week.

I don't want to add to that list, but I am willing to if need be.

Understood....I'm gonna be good cause I can stirrup the pot if needed but I'll be good for grace of a kid being involved and me not having a kid in any discussion this year

13 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Sucks for the kid, real simple though Fannett has had a ton of move ins they are pretty a stop to it

I don't mean to say this at you, but as it was brought up, the talk of the Hamshire-Fannett movein pipeline needs to stop either.  Any kid that moved in and puts on a Longhorn uniform went through the same process that the Ardoin kid did.  That means at least a majority of the coaches in the district didn't have a problem with them.  If they didn't then why should we?

Trying to imply that Coach Rideaux is somehow recruiting a team to HF is just as bad as what was stated this morning about Coach Davis, Dr. Breithaupt and Dr. Harrison.  Both are trying to attack the character of an area coach and we can't have that.