SETX Player Rankings

Cardinal 1

23 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Who do you think the top 10 are in SETX this upcoming year? Class doesn't matter.

All depends on what you consider SETX.

If it is what this site goes by (every team in all the districts that we cover) then your list will be leaving out several deserving players.

Players like the following:

Kaleb Stewart       Atascocita

Javon Jackson      Summer Creek

LaVar Johnson       CE King

Reyce Allen             Summer Creek

Tom Hart               Atascocita

Christian Ashby     Atascocita

Cameron Morris     Atascocita

Jacob Harvey         Huffman

Justin Collins         Atascocita

Jakori Marshall      North Shore

PJ Haggerty            Crosby

Amaree Abram       Summer Creek

Sam Bradford          Goose Creek Memorial

Sean Elkington        Crosby

Karter Dutton           Summer Creek

Jaylen Johnson        Summer Creek

Conner Miller            Summer Creek

Joey Hubbard          New Caney

Demi Areola             Kingwood

Angel Johnson       Atascocita

Avant Coleman       Goose Creek Memorial

Clovis McCain         Texas City

Marquis Neal           Channelview

Just to name a few.

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

I know everyone has a different opinion but are you saying the 3rd best player in the area was on a losing team last year that got beat by 30 by Lumberton and lost to West Hardin? Your #10 guy was a JV player on a team that didn’t win their district? Surely Memorial has some players who belong on this list. 

From reading past post sounds like this could be Mr. Ardoin...if so let your sons game speak for itself 

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Miller, Silsbee no honorable mention?

This list is far from being correct or even the slightest accurate...not to mention Miller but what about Henry from Beaumont United...the kid is a 4 year Letterman and 2 year starter with 1 year lettered being at Central and 2 at United starting going for 3 year starter this year. You mean to tell me your a starter on a back 2 back district championship team and not be mentioned at all...In the words of Cris Carter...Com on man....

33 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I think you need to have Jeffcoat on the list and Coach Smith from PNG but it’s a pretty good list. 

Again, if you are to go by this site (which people should if they are going to post on here) with coach or player rankings, then one should consider all the coaches and players for the teams that we cover.

Just a few off the top of my head that should be considered:

Foster of Big Sandy

Barrett of Huffman

Davis of Hardin-Jefferson

Martinez of Atascocita

Coleman of Summer Creek

Eagans of Crosby

Pennington of Barbers Hill

Just to name a few.

8 minutes ago, Elvis Presley said:

Those guys have not done anything big yet.  Everyone else on the list has been there and done that!  I forgot about Coach Clay Davis.  He's solid. 

I believe Jeffcoat has been to as many playoffs or more than Mitchell has. Also more than Rideaux.

Just what is your definition of "big"?

Barrett is a really good coach!! I totally forgot about him and Clay Davis!! also you have to consider which programs these coaches took over and what type of athletes/basketball players they are coaching. I think Jeffcoat has made playoffs once or twice at LCM as a Head Coach but I’m not really sure, would have to do some research on that end, I just know he’s been at LCM for a while and he’s a good coach. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe Jeffcoat has been to as many playoffs or more than Mitchell has. Also more than Rideaux.

Just what is your definition of "big"?

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone!  I think these dudes are all good coaches.  I just think that Lumberton and Hampshire Fannett are on the rise.  If Mitchell can win year in year out with average Lumberton kids whats he gonna do with a Division 1 kid?  He mentored Rideaux and now Rideaux has talent to go with his expertise.  

7 minutes ago, Elvis Presley said:

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone!  I think these dudes are all good coaches.  I just think that Lumberton and Hampshire Fannett are on the rise.  If Mitchell can win year in year out with average Lumberton kids whats he gonna do with a Division 1 kid?  He mentored Rideaux and now Rideaux has talent to go with his expertise.  

Lumberton lost some key players from last year so they could be down, Fannett has had ton of move ins the last 2 years. I think both are really good coaches who gets the most out of their players.