West Orange Stark 2020

monknuk

They will be even better the next 2 yrs.only had maybe 8 seniors.the sophomore and freshman class were loaded that were on varsity.but at end of the day.we have to get out this conservative approach and learn to score.even if u have to go for it alot on 4th down or occasionally throw in a trick play or 2.cant always expect a defense to shut teams down with abt 32 players.our coaching style will have to change a bit.

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

I gotcha, I work with a d lineman’s dad for PA and he was talking about beating WOS next year... is a mid county school who y’all have? Or will it be a scrimmage again? 

Not at liberty to give any hints, but i do know this: i have no idea who we will scrimmage. 

On 12/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, dj said:

They will be even better the next 2 yrs.only had maybe 8 seniors.the sophomore and freshman class were loaded that were on varsity.but at end of the day.we have to get out this conservative approach and learn to score.even if u have to go for it alot on 4th down or occasionally throw in a trick play or 2.cant always expect a defense to shut teams down with abt 32 players.our coaching style will have to change a bit.

Dropp passes and poor tackling needs to be cleaned up to

On 12/19/2019 at 8:09 AM, dj said:

Yeah just went to state 4 yrs in a row.40 game winning streak....need to change the way we coach??I'll agree I would have done a few things differently against Silsbee but I'm not the coach and this is still a young team learning.I think coach T did a hell of job getting us to the semi's.But hey that's just me.

5 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Yeah just went to state 4 yrs in a row.40 game winning streak....need to change the way we coach??I'll agree I would have done a few things differently against Silsbee but I'm not the coach and this is still a young team learning.I think coach T did a hell of job getting us to the semi's.But hey that's just me.

He is a great coach !! U want find a more disciplined and well conditioned team anywhere.but this is era where u have to score. For example look at every state title team this year.every team that has won it so far.scored over 35 points.its like this. the kids are young and has to mature some.but were not a team like all these east Texas teams are doing trying to score 80 a game if they can.were still a defensive team.and we put our best 11 on defense.thats not gonna always work anymore.and remember the years we have won it all.dominating at line of scrimmage on defense.and I don't see us having that for a few years.with all the talent coming back for the next few years.we have to get out this conservative approach and try to score at all cost.

1 hour ago, dj said:

He is a great coach !! U want find a more disciplined and well conditioned team anywhere.but this is era where u have to score. For example look at every state title team this year.every team that has won it so far.scored over 35 points.its like this. the kids are young and has to mature some.but were not a team like all these east Texas teams are doing trying to score 80 a game if they can.were still a defensive team.and we put our best 11 on defense.thats not gonna always work anymore.and remember the years we have won it all.dominating at line of scrimmage on defense.and I don't see us having that for a few years.with all the talent coming back for the next few years.we have to get out this conservative approach and try to score at all cost.

I understand what you're saying dj.All I'm saying is this offense is young and they just need more time to do the things you want to see.Dropped passes,untimely penalties that stopped drives and TD's called back.You stop those things and we score a lot of points.The talent is there,just need to improve on execution.  

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

We are losing 10 seniors, 17, 66, 54, 69,  88, 10,20,27,31, and # 62.  I have no confidence in our offensive play calling at this point. What ever happened to letting the team decide if they want to go for a 4th and inches  or 4th and one yard. I'm still shaking my head on that one.

I'm with you.  And the kids wanted to go for it.especially after a time out. So I guess me and u both are in the dark.

16 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Don’t y’all worry, it will get easier next year with Carthage 😉😂

Oh you messed up now. My WOS buddy thinks they can beat Carthage because they will be better next year. My thinking is if your struggleing with Silsbee in the playoffs you don’t want Carthage lol

On 12/19/2019 at 8:09 AM, dj said:

OK coach.....  Watch a little film and put your game plan together and show up when the coaches are working on weekend and submit your ideas.   It will be welcome with open arms I can assure you.

21 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

We are losing 10 seniors, 17, 66, 54, 69,  88, 10,20,27,31, and # 62.  I have no confidence in our offensive play calling at this point. What ever happened to letting the team decide if they want to go for a 4th and inches  or 4th and one yard. I'm still shaking my head on that one.

Look at it this way. I am friends with many coaches in the area.  Love to watch the game and wish I would have coached but I like to make more money and not deal with idiot parents.    The only thing that has changed in the last 6 years are the players,.  Coaches are all the same.   Maybe they are not the type of athletes that have come though WOS in the past.   Even in most of your coaching careers as a jr.midget coach you know you put the ball when your suppose to!  smh

On 12/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, GUNHO said:

Thank you for letting us kniow that you don't know how to coach!