Newton 70 Kountze 0/FINAL

hattie

I was thinking about that stinging grass the other day.  My junior year we started two-a-days on that field and that grass was down right painful.  Before school started we moved to the present facilities and I think they just cut down some trees and graded it.  The practice field had small boulders that were really tough on your elbows.  It really was like playing in a parking lot.

I dont know if i could figure which was worse playing on that one that was hard as concrete or playing on Diibolls old field when it was wet.  I didnt even want to dive for passes for fear of drowning.  The mud and glop would about cover your shoes when standing on the field!

Newton could have easily scored 100 points last night. I actually felt sorry for Kountze. Truthfully, if they so desire they can put up that type of points on anyone in their district. With no competition it doesn't help them become better. I think they may put up 50 points on every team they play all the way through the state championship. They are clearlyin a league of their own. Look back on this post at end of season.  Maybe, I don't know what I'm talking about. 

Newton Eagles: Hanging 50