Jasper playing Crosby

fishcat

13 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

and to top it off u brought the nfl.    now this is really fun....................................u have an nfl hopefull and 3

starts.   i am lol so much right now as i am going give my 3 classmates alone  ben bronson, john davis, terrence davis  who made it to the nfl.   does some one else want to advise 14.2 of the many others and yes i said many before and after my 3 classmates that our 8000 person town has had play in the nfl?  i wait and see. it not i will take the honor of doing so.

Wow - I will name some that I know of but I am sure I will miss a few

James Hadot, Sam Adams Sr, Eugene Seal, Zack Bronson, Sean Weatherspoon,  Derick Armstrong, Malcolm Bronson, Red Bryant....

I know I left some off...

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Smh, more people buying into the hype I guess?

#8 ranked dual-threat in the class with only making one varsity start so far. 

*On another note, how sick must Humble be right now to have lost the #3 dual-threat in his class and the stud receiver about to probably commit to OU that's at KP right now? Different ball game with those two in Turner.

These lists aren't even as good as the paper they are written on. They're driven by the hype machine.....which explains why Crosby is high on there.

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You should ask Dayton, Barbers Hill and New Caney what those jv games mean? They're 0 indication of what happens the following night. Like CCRed said, the qb that should be on jv is backing up Howard on varsity. Kind of like how our jv record would've been a lot better last year had Howard not been on varsity picking apart Barbers Hill. Varsity has won 51 games the past 5 years while I would be surprised if the jv won more than 25 games. We go through these same comments and explanations every year in reference to Crosby's jv.

Also, according to what you've written here, it seems the Crosby JV hasn't had much success lately. Does that mean that those unsuccessful JV players are now Crosby varsity players? If so, you guys might want to watch out.

21 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Also, according to what you've written here, it seems the Crosby JV hasn't had much success lately. Does that mean that those unsuccessful JV players are now Crosby varsity players? If so, you guys might want to watch out.

Crosby's JV has NEVER had much success. JV is used to practice with/against the varsity. 

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

My point: With the numbers that Crosby has in their "great" program and with the type athletes they have (several DI prospects), their under levels should handle smaller classification schools like Jasper basically on shear numbers alone.

They certainly shouldn't lose at home to a smaller JV team, 40-14.

But I will say this, I do not ever relate Thursday night results to Friday night results.

Same JV Team didn't look very good versus Huffman in a scrimmage either tho... 

20 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Crosby's JV has NEVER had much success. JV is used to practice with/against the varsity. 

Our JV was pretty good last year. 

43 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

JV lost 1-2 Games last year I believe they lost to Manvel and they might have lost to Dayton. Just off Memory. 

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Smh, more people buying into the hype I guess?

#8 ranked dual-threat in the class with only making one varsity start so far. 

*On another note, how sick must Humble be right now to have lost the #3 dual-threat in his class and the stud receiver about to probably commit to OU that's at KP right now? Different ball game with those two in Turner.

And look who is #2...!!!!!

Posted 13 hours ago · Report post

14 hours ago, One4All said:

You worried because really as a fan you don't want to play this game, just ask Crosby has declined to play another Southeast Texas team, in recent past

14.2 said "By the way, I don't care if we play Caney Creek or the Sisters of the Poor. Deep down I worry about every game until it's out of hand or the whistle blows. I'm just not as worried about this one as I will be the one next week."

I'll keep this for the Crosby/BH smack down next week :)

5 minutes ago, indianforever said:

If Crosby loses tonight is there season looking a little grim?

I've not seen Jasper play, If Jasper looks like WO-S then no.

I mean the reason you play the game is because there is a chance. 

Porter beat us last year and we still won the District so one game doth not define a season. 

I mean it definitely would dampen the spirits a bit for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I've not seen Jasper play, If Jasper looks like WO-S then no.

I mean the reason you play the game is because there is a chance. 

Porter beat us last year and we still won the District so one game doth not define a season. 

I mean it definitely would dampen the spirits a bit for sure. 

Understood