ESPN replaces Sage Steele on 'NBA Countdown' amid network's decision to limit on-air talent's political commentary

LumRaiderFan

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

I don't buy into a lot of what I see in the political section these days (from either side), but I know about this situation, and it bothers me.  there are several espn commentators who constantly have hot takes about police, racism, BLM, etc, and they are allowed to say whatever they way. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I don't buy into a lot of what I see in the political section these days (from either side), but I know about this situation, and it bothers me.  there are several espn commentators who constantly have hot takes about police, racism, BLM, etc, and they are allowed to say whatever they way. 

Agreed.

• 5 years later...

Commentary on ESPN, the "sports" network.

From the article:

The five Tampa Bay Rays players who refused to wear the gay pride logo on their uniforms because of their religious beliefs are "bigots," says ESPN commentator Sarah Spain.

"[This] is what tends to happen when frivolous class isn’t affected by things," Spain begins. "That religious exemption BS is used in sports and otherwise also allows for people to be denied health care, jobs, apartments, children, prescriptions, all sorts of rights.

"We have to stop tiptoeing around it because we’re trying to protect people who are trying to be bigoted from asking for them to be exempt from it, when the very people that they are bigoted against are suffering the consequences you say trying to be bigoted."

Got all that? Spain has no respect for your religion or any opinions that differ from hers. She represents the party of tolerance.

The five "bigots" in question are Jason Adam, Jalen Beeks, Brooks Raley, Jeffrey Springs and Ryan Thompson.

20 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Commentary on ESPN, the "sports" network.

From the article:

The five Tampa Bay Rays players who refused to wear the gay pride logo on their uniforms because of their religious beliefs are "bigots," says ESPN commentator Sarah Spain.

"[This] is what tends to happen when frivolous class isn’t affected by things," Spain begins. "That religious exemption BS is used in sports and otherwise also allows for people to be denied health care, jobs, apartments, children, prescriptions, all sorts of rights.

"We have to stop tiptoeing around it because we’re trying to protect people who are trying to be bigoted from asking for them to be exempt from it, when the very people that they are bigoted against are suffering the consequences you say trying to be bigoted."

Got all that? Spain has no respect for your religion or any opinions that differ from hers. She represents the party of tolerance.

The five "bigots" in question are Jason Adam, Jalen Beeks, Brooks Raley, Jeffrey Springs and Ryan Thompson.

Not surprising, Disney owns ESPN. I  Stopped watching ESPN years ago. 

• 1 month later...